Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course

Year Built 2009
Greens MiniVerde Bermuda

Pull-carts No

Entertaining Clients 18

First time in a long time

Played Lanier Legacy today for the first time in a long time. Course was in great shape and the staff was great. It is a very nice course on the shores of lake Lanier.

Again the staff was great. Looking forward to putting this course back into the rotation.

Great Day on the Course

Great day on the course, the weather was perfect, the course is in great shape, the lake is just beautiful and some of the most scenic holes around. We had a great pace of play no issues and the staff was extremely friendly. If there is any issue the range is a little rough and need new range balls outside of that one of my favorite courses to play in GA.
Will certainly be back

Not long but challenging.

Always enjoy playing this course because of the challenging water holes and the condition of the course the amenities and that you have access to free food and drinks, unlimited range balls. Excellent putting and chipping greens. If you are going to play a $25 or $30 course I would strongly suggest that you spend a few more dollars and reap the benefits. The starter and cart boys were awesome too.. I'll be back!!

DG1

Indifferent Management

It has been quite sometime since my last review. I have played Legacy on Lanier several times over the past few years. Course conditioning is usually good, but never excellent. Overall strengths are the greens, layout and scenery. Service is on the low side for a "Resort" course and amenities are well below even a low-end country club. The practice facilities are also below par, but the owners have done well with the limited space. Those that have read my many previous reviews know that pace-of-play management is a critical review criteria. The management made zero effort to manage pace of play for this round. They allowed a group to run up a 5+ hour round with an open course in front of them. Unfortunately, my group was behind this inconsiderate group for the entire round. Cannot recommend this course for any serious golfer.

Extremely slow pace of play, lack of signage and help from the marshall.

Views from the course were gorgeous. Greens were fast as ice. The pace of play was unbearable. Front 9 took us around 3 hours and change and this is after we called the clubhouse to let them know. Would not play again for the price. Too many nice courses around to deal with this one.

Fantastic challenging course.

Beautiful course with a fantastic view of Lake Lanier. Every hole is designed with perfection. Greens are super fast but are also forgiving .
The staff is excellent.
I would recommend this to anyone Who wants to experience a top notch course.

Great job.
Jay Simmons
Canton Ga

Rude Marshall ruined experience.

Never taken the time to write a review like this but I think in this case it is necessary...Great course in beautiful setting but overall a very disappointing experience. Called and set a tee time earlier in the morning, when I arrived I was told I did not have a tee time booked. My wife and I were then started on the second hole par 3 in front of a foursome. My wife, who is new to golf, put 2 balls in the water. She felt really bad about it but the foursome behind us was still not finished with hole 1. When we arrived at the green I smiled and waved at the Marshall and told him we would not be moving that slowly all day...the Marshall then hammered us relentlessly about us “screwing around” and being too slow! My wife was really embarrassed and later asked me what she had done that was so wrong. We finished the round in 3 hrs 45 min by the way. The Marshall then continued his harrrassment about our slow pace of play (through 1 hole!) to the 3rd hole. 2 holes later, on the first par 5, while about to put for par I see him again, drive up, run down to my cart which was in the middle of the fairway about 60 yards from the green and angrily drive my cart off the course, pull up to the green and scowl at my wife and I while I finished my putt. When I came off the green the Marshall launched into a tirade about that particular hole being cart path only. I play golf very regularly and I understand Marshall’s have a job to do, but I have NEVER been talked to by a Marshall in such a way. Never. Particular considering it was an honest mistake on a course we had never played. My wife was very upset. My wife and I had simply missed a cart path only sign apparently, as we were told that the course was 90 degree rule. The Marshall then followed us to the next hole where he said he was “protective of the course” and wasn’t trying to be a jerk or something to that effect but needless to say, our interactions with him over the course of those first few holes pretty much ruined our experience. Sadly, though the course is great, we won’t be back.

Great Experience

This is one of the most beautiful courses I have ever played. The layout along the shores of lake Lanier offers absolutely amazing views. Food and drinks are included in your green fees, great breakfast and lunch options. Staff is extremely helpful and made the overall experience great. This course is very challenging, but still leaves ample opportunities to make great shots. Will be back to play again. Best value in the greater Atlanta area.

Pure heaven

This course is located directly on Lake Lanier. The beauty is breathtaking! However, the water adds lots of difficulty to your game. My only negative is that the rough needs to be mowed more often. It’s really a ball eater!

Georgia Advisor

Prettiest Course & Views in all of Atlanta Area

Legacy on Lanier course is ALWAYS beautiful and a true joy to play. The staff is ALWAYS helpful and friendly. The staff always does whatever they can to help, assist and accommodate any reasonable request.
One of the best values anywhere. Greens fees also include all the drinks and food (hot dogs, sandwiches) you want. Best deal by far in Atlanta!

14 of the 18 holes are right along the shores of Lake Lanier and have beautiful views. You always see deer and other wild life while playing. A true treat to play.
Course is tight, but not too long and very fair. A number of holes require long carries to reach the fairways.

The greens and fairways are always in great condition. the greens are quick, smooth, and are well kept (very few non-repaired ball marks covering the greens like many of the local courses have).

Highly recommend to play.

Great Setting, Great Course

Having never played this course I was excited to dive right in. We had a 10:15 tee off and started exactly on time. Note: The starter holds the key to the cart until your start time. The course was in good condition and the greens played firm and fair. The lay-out around the shores of Lake Lanier Islands takes good advantage of a lot of over water shots. That being said, the course allows options to play aggressively to some of the greens directly over water (Some 250-300 yds.) and will reward that perfect shot with an eagle opportunity. Miss it and you will be hitting three from the tee-box. The same holes also give a good option to skirt the edge of the lake or shorter over water shots based on how lucky/good you are feeling. The course played really fair all day and the views over Lake Lanier are outstanding. Pro Tip: Food and beverages are free at the club house. Don't be afraid to grab water, drinks, sandwiches at the start or the turn. Enjoy!

Tight layout

Lake Lanier staff is ALWAYS helpful and friendly. Tee times also include drinks and food and the cost is reasonable - Best deal in Atlanta! Course is tight, but not too long and very fair. A number of holes require 200+ yard carry, so make sure you play the right tee boxes. Also, a few holes are right along Lake Lanier, so very picturesque.
A few tee boxes weren’t in the best shape today, but the fairways and greens were great. I’d highly recommend the course.

Legacy Golf Course

Great challenging course. We’ll be back to play again!

Sugar Hill, Georgia
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Duluth, Georgia
Hoschton, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.