Lanier Islands Legacy Golf Course

Greens MiniVerde Bermuda

Pull-carts No

Entertaining Clients 16

Great Experience, Definitely Recommend

9:30am tee time on a Monday, played by myself. They brought a golf cart to my car when I pulled up and took my clubs to the practice facility. Simple clubhouse and the staff is very friendly. Free food, water and soft drinks in the dining area. Range balls included with the greens fees. Teed off a bit early and didn't catch up to anyone. Course was in great shape despite some rain. Greens are rolling smooth and quick. A challenging layout. The views are what makes this course what it is. Hitting multiple shots over Lake Lanier is hard to beat. One of the best fully public courses I have played. I have played here several times and will continue to. Definitely recommend.

This course requires trained.

This course and green are very difficult.
Need strategic and technic.
Fairway many layout exceeds pond and green wave seems like potato chips.
We have to prepare many golf ball.
We had better to prepare use balls.
If you play do with this course , I think that seen thing l said that.

Difficult but fair

CPO, from yesterday's rain slowed it down a bit, and some tight lies as cooler weather is starting. Greens were very fast and rolled nicely. Good practice facility and the clubhouse amenities are the cherry on the sundae. Very enjoyable.

What could have been

What could have been the most peaceful morning of golf kinda was interrupted by a man on a tractor blowing leaves. It seemed as if he fallowed me around the front nine. I get he is just doing his job, but god was it annoying. The course is amazing, with holes on the banks of lake Lanier. The greens are fast and very difficult. Anyway, great day out there. Blowers suck

Great time except for check in

Awesome day to play. I registered online about 2 hours before the tee time I picked.. When I got there, the older fellow, kina short and thin behind the cash register said they had no record of my tee time. and charged me about $20 more than the online rate (I was paying for 2)..i complained and he was rude, so I sucked it up and moved on, hence this review. I know my registration went through because I received this email asking for my review of my time at the course.

A wonderful get way

I love this course , value for your money is unprecedented.. The amenities you get included in your round make it a true get away we’re you do not have to worry about anything. From the pro shop to the cart girl, Legacy always has everything a player needs to have a truly wonderful round even if you leave a few in the water....lol

Excellent Value

Course is in great shape! Course has some difficult holes but also has scoring holes mixed in too. Would highly recommend playing this course.

Awesome Views

The views here are awesome. Almost every hole has a great view. I think I took more pictures than swings.
As for the golf, the course was in good shape, lots of shots over water, which I love. Greens rolled nice. The only issue was lack of good yardage markers. The cart had satellite but the yards were way off. My cart would say about 60 yds farther than my partners cart & his phone said 20 yds shorter than his cart. So I flew several greens and came up short on others with good shots. I guess if you're serious about it you probably own a range finder anyway. I still had a great time even if I struggled getting the right yardage.
Free pre made blimpie subs, hot dogs & fountain drinks in clubhouse but no restaurant on site. Small bar for alcohol. Highly recommend playing here.

Best course in the area

I’ve played this course a few times and I believe it to be the best course in the area. Conditions were great where some other courses were looking dry. Greens in perfect nick and who could forget the free snacks and soda.
Perfect atmosphere and a great layout.

Torrey Pines of Georgis

Absolutely stunning course with a great set of challenges. A total blast to play. Everyone on the staff to be commended.

Great course, service ruined the experience

Our foursome takes an annual trip south to enjoy one last big weekend of golf every September. Legacy at Lake Lanier has been in the rotation since the beginning. It's one that we kickoff the weekend with and all really love the course. A fun challenge with awesome waterfront holes and a great lodge with onsite lake house accommodations.

But this year was different. The problems began upon arrival, when we were coldly greeted by a starter who claimed we did not have a tee time. OK, stuff happens, but I have the email confirmation of the booking, which was done directly on the course's website over a month in advance. That confirmation was enough to get us out, but it shouldn't have been an issue considering the course was literally wide open. The starter at the desk was combative about the situation and did not seem interested in having us there at all. The attitude continued with the ranger who really laid into us at the turn. His claim was that we had already played 18 and were trying to scam an additional nine. As absurd as that accusation was, we rolled with it as we were having a great time and simply wanted to finish our round before dark. At said turn, the clubhouse was locked, no restrooms, no food, no bevs.....nothing. Locked up and empty, there was no going inside, even though the round was to include said refreshments. That's when the ranger (or cart guy, bright green/yellow shirt) began yelling at our group. He was obviously drunk and rambling (with profanity) about us trying to cheat an extra 9 holes. It was embarrassing and really left a bad taste in our mouths. The shame of it all, is it is literally one of our favorite courses of the rotation and as mentioned, has become part of our annual trip. Having spent my entire career in the customer service industry, I was beside myself. I couldn't imagine ever talking to a customer the way he did to us. Completely and totally unacceptable. If one of my employees treated a customer that way, they would no longer be employed...end of story.

It will be very hard for us to return knowing we, for some reason, were not welcome. We are all confused and upset by the situation, as we're not trouble makers. Rather, we're a group of four college buddies whom have managed to keep this tradition alive well into our 40s. We're not obnoxious kids, wild partiers, or the type that scam anything. We're four professionals whom manage to get a weekend away from our careers and families each September to treat ourselves to a nice outing.

It was extremely unfortunate that we were treated as such. And while I'd like to recommend this course to others, it will come with a warning to do so with caution, as you may not be welcome, and even worse, may even be accused of trying to scam extra holes when you are simply trying to make the turn....

Not great shape

While late in the season, I found the course to be in poor shape. Not a fan of “target” golf. Felt like it was about lake front holes, but the layout is not natural. On the plus side, having free food and drinks is amazing. Free water on a hot day was awesome.

No worth all the hype

While the views of Lake Lanier were great I felt like the $ wasn’t worth all the hype I had been hearing. When I pay $65+ I would expect a better manicured coursed.

Excellent and Challenging Golf Course

The price seems high initially but when you take into account that you get range balls, free drinks and free food and it's definitely a good deal. The course is always in incredible shape but it is very challenging so bring some extra balls. Very much like a links course with narrow fairways and small landing areas on almost every hole. Overall, the course is stunning with tons of picturesque views and you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't get out here and play!

Fun, but the Back 9 is challenging!

Really great course that has multiple views and shots over Lake Lanier. The rough was really deep and made it hard to find the ball if you were off the fairway. They were doing some cutting that day, so I expect they are making it a little easier. Back nine required good long drives and accurate shots to the tee. I normally lose 2-3 balls each round, but I lost like 8-10!! I love the place and will play again this fall when it is cooler.

Sugar Hill, Georgia
Flowery Branch, Georgia
4.2512058824
Duluth, Georgia
3.9820647059
Hoschton, Georgia
Dacula, Georgia

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).