Type Public/Resort
The Highlands Golf Club at Fisher Mountain

Year Built 2006
Golf Season April - November
Architect Bill Ward (2006)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 7

Nice Course

I’ve played this course several times and always find it in great shape and challenging, especially the greens. Highly recommend playing it.

Overall a good place to play

Have played there several times, and overall it's a fun day. The course was overall in good shape except for the bunkers, they could use some work. We just usually treat them as waste areas or GUR, and keep going. We will definitely go back.

Had fun as always

Enjoyable layout in pretty good shape. Greens could have been a touch faster, but that's minor. We'll definitely go back. The only thing I would say is they've let the bunkers go, they're more like waste areas now, not sure if that's intentional or not.

Just West if Harrisonburg and I 81

A very beautiful and challenging mountain course with fabulous greens and fairways. I have been told it might be the best kept secret in WVA golf...and possibly the toughest!
Great price for a wonderful up in the mountains experience. We try to play every time we are close! One of our favorite golf courses anywhere.

It's still great

This course is so out of the way it gets little play. They have stopped caring for the sand to save cash it looks like. We just called them ground under repair and dropped out . Still I would play this course over most. Great layout and no crowds. We saw one other group all day and played at 9 am
Greens very Sloped and grainy. If they cut them and rolled them you would 3 putt most all of them. It was going to be a golf course community, the abandoned sales center is still in the clubhouse. I hope it survives and houses get built someday. In the meantime go find it and enjoy a round at your own private course. There were 3 cars in the parking kitchen we arrived
Unbelievable

Bang for your buck

Course in great shape even after recent rains. Greens rolled true but predictably slow due to undulation. Fairways mostly in great shape, with a few bad spots here and there. Rough thick, lush, and challenging. Only knock on the course: the bunkers. All filled with water and no sand, just pebbles. Suggestion would be to eliminate them completely. Layout and undulation of greens/elevation changes makes the course a good enough test without having bunkers. Also, yardage markers in the fairways would be helpful. GPS Apps do not work, since there is little to no service. Beautiful course. Love playing there when visiting West Virginia.

Wet

My nephew and I played the course a day after there was 2 inches of rain. No golf course plays very well after absorbing that much water. While I have played this course a few times and understood the challenge of putting on the greens, My nephew thought he would shoot par or less on the course. Needless to say he walked away very humbled. I average 1.7 to 1.8 putts per hole but had 40 on this round. Still shot in the low 80s but the putting is very frustrating.

Up for the challenge

If you want a challenging course this is the one for you! This course has no mercy with sloping fairways multi level greens and exaggerated doglegs. You’ll be hitting blindly into several fairways . The course also features an island hole in the middle of the pond that’s 118 yards from the end of the fairway. There is also a good change in elevation on several there is also a good change in elevation on several holes. Some of the greens are very large and even if you hit on your approach shot it may a rolloff or take you three putts to hole it out. The course is well-maintained and a beautiful location. You could fall in love with this course simply because of how picturesque it is. Bring plenty of spare bulbs and have fun .

hidden wonderland

this course is only going to get better and better. played it summer 17 and it was close to perfect. 2018 even closer. never crowded, nice staff. if you can get there you will be glad be glad you did. very sloped greens are also in great shape.

Views

The course was in really good shape sand traps however we're suffering from the amount of rain. Play this course many times and it's very challenging. The greens especially are worth playing this course. There are no easy putts. However when you play and have a handicap flag on the cart staying in the rough to avoid tearing up the course. No one wants to be confronted buy a man mowing the greens. I told him to Pro said that we can do this and he said that flag means nothing. Wow

Worth the drive

Beautiful setting and scenery. It's in the middle of nowhere. The course is hilly and it was cart path only the day we played. My only concern is that there was no water provided on the course and the temperature was in the 80s. I did not address this issue in the golf shop after we played but I really was surprised that no drinking water was provided-I guess that's why there are no bathrooms on the course. Overall a nice, fun course to play

Best course around

For the value there isn't a comparable course. It's just a fantastic place to play. Friendly clubhouse employees, challenging holes, and a scenic mountain environment combine to create an overall enjoyable experience.

A hidden gem

Had a great day wide open on Sunday ran in to 1 foursome who let us play through on the 12th hole played in less than 3 hours it was just 2 of use. The greens are a little tricky but the course was in great shape very clean and well keep. We road 2 hours to play but it is worth the trip going back in July

Lone golfers

Granted it wasn't the absolute perfect day for golf, however it was still an very enjoyable golf day. We were quite literally the only golfers there. Had the whole course to ourselves. Pretty sweet. Course in in great shape. Tough greens, they make you work for it here.

Fall colors/nice course

Very much a mountain course with sloping fairways and greens. Course was in excellent condition and not at all crowded. A friend of mine and I and our wives played and we almost had the course to ourselves, despite the great weather and nice course. My only real criticism is that the greens are actually too sloped, often making them too difficult to hold approach shots and quite hard to putt. I recommend the course.

Make the drive

With the Golf Now hot deal, as well worth the drive from the Shen.valley. Course was in great shape for how dry it's been. Enjoy Life

Excellent

Great view. Excellent management. Course is very challenging .

Anonymous

Gem

A very nice course tucked away and beautiful West Virginia definitely a Hidden Gem

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).