Type Private
Rating N/A
Cobh Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 2010
Architect Hawtree Ltd (2010)

Dress code Neat and casual, no denim

Catering

Clubhouse

Value for money

This is a great course for a very good price. Given the harsh weather the course was in good condition.

Good warmup course

Has nice fairways and greens; generally easy to walk although you should be able to deal with elevations on some holes. Wide fairways and a few challenging holes make it a good course to get in a practice round for a decent price.

Challenging with Fantastic Scenery

I would be most surprised if the first 5 holes were not challenging to any golfer. Their layout combined with gusting winds from the surrounding sea really created a test unknown to me ever before.
The remaining holes then proved great fun especially the 10th and 12th where water comes into play.
Although the fairways were quite parched (as per everywhere at this time) the greens were in good condition
I would certainly recommend the hire of a buggy for those that may find hilly terrain difficult.
Everyone at the course was very friendly especially the staff in the shop and the Club Captain who went out of his way to welcome me and ensure that I had a good experience.
It is certainly one course that I will remember for years to come and would definitely look to play again when next in the area.

Very fun and unique place

If your sat nav is old it will take you to a day care center. The course moved 4 years ago. Lots of steep hills to walk up and down so we rented their gas golf cart. And while it managed to finish the round, a look inside the engine showed it desperately needed some TLC. The locals were walking and we usually do the same but on this day we needed the buggy.

Not bad but could be better

This was the second time I played in Cobh Golf Course. It is a nicely laid out course with some fantastic views. The course is challenging and has a nice variety of holes that are for the most part well kept and maintained. However I was disappointed with the condition of some greens, the 6th and 9th greens had some rather large puddles on them with the latter having one completely filling the cup and surrounding area making the hole impossible to finish. I found this quite unusual and the fact that our tee off wasn’t until the afternoon meant that this must have been neglected by the ground staff for the entire morning. The course does have a lot of potential and I enjoyed the round which was decent value for money. I will hopefully play there again and would recommend to a friend (albeit when there is slim chance of any greens being flooded!).

Hilly but rewarding

A lot of hills but well laid out. One doesn't play across any hills but either up or down them which makes for interesting shot making.
Greens are quite undulating and are very engaging.
Overall worth a visit as its a very friendly members club.

Commented on 03/05/2018

Hello! We will be visiting this course in May. I just had a couple of questions. Can the public play, and did they offer rental clubs? Thanks for the review!

A hidden gem in Cobh

We chose Cobh to play on bank holiday Easter Monday having played it's more immediate neighbor Foto Island golf & country club on Good Friday. Well I must say, not taking anything away from Foto Island I enjoyed this course far more . Spectacular views were with us for 18 holes . The greens had been treated about 3/4 weeks prior to our game and were in very good condition, I'd imagine in another couple of weeks they'll be quiet fast . The greenkeeper will have the luxury of multiple pin positions due to the fantastic rolls and contours of the greens. As for the shape of the fairways it goes without saying they were extremely easy on the eye , perhaps it's because I tend to draw my drives that I liked this course and found myself in favorable positions off the tee. This course is on a hill overlooking Passage west and Cobh and Foto Island however the hills are gentle to climb and descend (ps I was using a buggy due to an injury sustained previously) . There's a fabulous Par 3 island green I think it's the 10th would be it's signatory hole, beautiful ! Well done to members and staff for a wonderful surprise and experience Brian a Dub living in exile in Kildare

Exceptional value for money

Brilliant experience and fantastic value for money. We had a great game of golf for less than the price of 2 pints. Would highly recommend.

Perfect Day on the Course

The Course was in great shape and the weather played its part too. I would hire a Buggy, but you can walk as well if you do not mind the several ups and downs which can feel very steep at some points.

Course in great condition,

Course was in lovely condition, staff were happy to facilitate us and first time using golfnow was very happy with experience.

This couse is amazing

We played 18 holes with constantly vies of the amazing bay of Cobh. The course is very well maintained with some tricky holes like the number 10 were the green is a small island.

Carrigtwohill, County Cork