Quail Ridge Country Club

Gold M: 64.0/114 W: 67.8/120 325 233 366 103 261 239 431 269 113 2340 4666
Handicap 3 5 1 13 15 17 9 7 11
Par 4 4 4 3 4 4 5 4 3 35 70

Year Built 2005
Architect Mark Mungeam (2005)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

This course was in great shape and even though it’s only 9 holes, they have different tee boxes that make each hole different on the back 9. Great value, and the staff was really friendly

great course, friendly staff and excellent conditions

We arrived 1/2 hour early and the nice friendly staff let us on early even if we said we could wait until our actual tee time because we knew we were early. We got 2 sandwiches at the snack shop and BOY!!! was it good and it came with fast and friendly service....

The pace was excellent. The couple ahead of us played fast so we didn't wait long at all to tee off...The only problem was the 2 people behind of us was very rude and started hitting into us and we approached our ball to hit our 2nd shot!!! They did it on the first and second hole and I almost got hit by the female's ball. I looked at them and shook my head but they did it again. I went to the guy and said not to do that because it is dangerous and I almost got hit by one of the balls. I offered him to go ahead of us if he was in a rush but he said no. I also told him that if he does it again, I would call the Pro Shop. He complied.....

Anyways, The course is in excellent condition and fair....but some of the par 4's are a little short but don't be fooled by that because those short par 4's have greens that are tricky and challenging to make up for that..... In addition, The seventh hole is not well marked and confusing if your new to the course.

I would definitely go back to Quail Ridge again but my only concern is that on a Saturday "prime-time", the course was pretty empty and although I could play and practice with multiple balls and have the course to myself on the second round, I hope they can stay in business.... it would be sad to see it close due to lack of players...

Great 9-hole course

Quail Ridge is definitely worth your money. We got a great deal for 9 and a cart. Course is in pristine condition and the scenery is awesome. A very challenging course so it could be tough for beginners. The guys in the clubhouse couldn't be friendlier. There was a couple groups in front of us screwing around really holding up play but the manager offered us a free 9 holes and a beer for the hold up. I highly recommend Quick Ridge.

Unusual course

This course, as others noted, has a checkered history. It was a demanding 18 that opened at the wrong time, and the course went into bankruptcy. It's now a 9 hole course, with some of the holes significantly re-designed and combined. Conditions were very good today, save for one or two greens. It's generally narrow, and I played it from the black tees, when I'm normally a white tee guy. So it was challenging. Lots of elevation changes, narrow fairways, some unusual mounding and design elements. I'm sure that I'd like it more if I played it more often to get a better sense of how to play certain holes--and playing the whites would help. But while it's an interesting course, and is not full of golfers so things move right along, it's not a particularly lovely or enticing course.

Great condition

Great conditions considering we have been in drought conditions for months. Lush, green fairways with nice tee boxes and greens. Some challenging holes where you are driving over deep marsh areas and it is pretty narrow on some holes so beginners will lose a lot of balls. Long par 3's are challenging as well. Only 9 holes but you can't be a 90 minute round!

The layout is a bit confusing at first because this used to be an 18 hole course but once you get the hang of things it's easy to figure out. Course was very well kept relative to other public courses in the area.

Not worth the trip

This was a nine hole course not 18. We played 1 thru 9 in an hour and a half . It then took 45 minutes to play the 10th. We left after that. The course is great, but I would never go back.

Massachusetts Advisor

The Vanishing Golf Course

Quail Ridge really impressed me when I first played it a few years ago. It was a very good 18 hole layout, over rolling hills and in great condition. Then things began changing for the worse. The 8th and 9th holes were 'repossessed', leaving only 16 original holes. That called for 2 par 5's being chopped up into a pair of holes each consisting of a short par 4 and a short par 3, and a new par of 66. The in the fall it was clear most of the original front 9 was going away, to make way for a large residential development, and that did happen on Columbus Day. As far as I know, there is a new 9 hole configuration with the original 1st and 2nd holes and then holes 12 through 15, and some type of rehash of holes 16 though 18. This might be a decent layout, but it is now a 9 holer. This has been sad to watch, but such is the way of the golf business these days. At some point I plan on returning to QR to see what has transpired. I really liked the 2nd hole, a dogleg left. You have to hit a good drive down the right center to get to the corner. You then hit to a treacherous green. There was also a tunnel under the chipping area that was the old corridor from the 11th green to 12th tee. I think QR will survive. It seems to have a solid tennis and swimming membership in Acton where that is in demand. Maybe the afterthought of golf will hang around for a bit and the course will continue being well maintained. Stay tuned.

Westford, Massachusetts