River Bend Country Club

Simulator: No

"Give it a shot"

Justin8698777's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018

I play here quite often, it's convenient for my golf buddies in the area. I find the clubhouse staff to be very friendly and enjoy the lounge and outdoor patio area. About the golf, the course layout is good with a mix of challenging holes. The course is relatively flat and easily walkable. The course changed ownership in 2017 and has shown an improvement in conditions ever since.

My gripes, the bunkers need to be maintained desperately, they need to be edged and turned, the sand is like concrete. The cart paths are abysmal if you fixed them up a bit, the carts might stay on them more and protect the soggy fairways. As it is people get off the path to avoid puddles and sink the cart in mud. I hope management sees this and addresses these issues.

Overall I enjoy my round but choose other places when not with this group.

"The course was absolutely terrible and wet"

DanHagerty's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2017

The course was absolutely terrible and wet if I knew someone that was going to play there I would suggest to go play somewhere else conditions were absolutely terrible

"poor management and coursse"

efdevo's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

course was in poor to fair condition fairways not good

had an issue on the course, which management was advised, and have never heard a word.... lack of professionalism and non-responsiveness is simply irresponsible on the part of management .... very disrepectful to paying members of the public who keep them in business

"Not worth it."

Jg4189's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Poor weather

Played here for the first time with a group of 20 guys before my sisters wedding.

It was rainy but not cold so we were able to play unfortunately the course was in terrible shape. The greens were aerated which should always be noted when booking a round in my opinion, also some fairways were so beat up and didnt even look like they were trying to repair. After reading other reviews it seems like they haven't done anything in a year. the layout is interesting but I will not recommend anyone to this course unless they clean up the fairways and fix a lot of the drainage problems they have.

Dear Jg4189,

I apologize sincerely for your poor experience. We had a horrific season last summer, with irrigation piping breakage as well as superintendent incapability. That left our course scorched, gross, and frankly unworthy of any price.

Now under a new maintenance staff, headed by David Porter, our course looks a thousand times better. Irrigation is a huge issue that is slowly coming to a full repair. Our greens are not bumpy, not spotty--they are the best in the region (as many patrons rant.) That was step one: our greens.

Within two years, we will be in the Top 100 Public Course-rated condition that we were once in (as rated by Golf Digest.)

We have updated our emails, and soon our website, on the condition. It is our utmost concern that our customers are respected, and have the best experience possible.

Again, I apologize. I also invite you down to try it out, on the house! Please respond to me via email, at riverbend250@gmail.com .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Gerry Cosby, Jared Cosby

and the rest of River Bend CC.

"Swamp golf"

dewey183's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/13/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

It hasn't rained here in days, so I am not sure why the course was a swamp. The greens were slow and lumpy.

"Would Never Recommend This Course"

u199871831's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I play golf all over the South Shore, and this was far an away the worst course/time I had golfing all year. First off, the entire course was soaked. Hit your ball in the fairway and find that your playing in mush. Course was in very rough shape.

The pace of play was terrible. Took us almost 6 hours to play a round. One of the workers on the course asked us about our experience. We let him know, didn't seek him out at all, and he was very helpful then he had a head ranger come over to us who was a complete jerk! Terrible customer service telling us that this wasn't an issue for us.

I will NEVER go back to River Bend, and I will let everyone I know to not waste your money playing there. Terrible experience that I have never had anywhere else playing golf. I've played in other courses in the Bridgewater area, and I never had any issues.

This is total feeling that myself and everyone else in my foursome had. I would never recommend River Bend to anyone.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

Dear u199871831,

I sincerely apologize for your bad experience. It should not have been that way, but there is an answer as to why it was:

We had a horrific summer last year. Our superintendent (and his crew) let the place go to shambles, on top of the irrigation breakages. It went down the tubes for the rest of the season, and it is my fault for not seeing the issue sooner.

Since then, ma'am or sir, we have gone under new maintenance. Headed by David Porter, the superintendent, our maintenance crew has done wonders for the course. Currently, our greens are the best in the region (as many patrons now, thankfully, rant). We are still working on our irrigation issue, so our fairways could be a little better, as could our tee boxes. But believe me, we are in the ultimate and right direction.

Again, I apologize for not communicating this to all of our patrons sooner. My son, Jared, is currently working hard to spread the message that our course was hit hard, but is better than before!

As for play, we have improved our ranger staff and clubhouse staff. Please mention any issue to the clubhouse immediately upon being offended. Thank you.

To make amends, I insist that you come back to play another round. If you wish, my son Jared would love to take you and a couple of other gentlemen for a free round--courtesy of the clubhouse.

Please contact me, Gerry, at riverbend250@gmail.com , or call at 508-580-3673.

I value your experience, and your business. Please, I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Stay swinging,

Gerry (and Jared) Cosby -

and River Bend Country Club

"Early season rough greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2015

Rough greens, but considering this winter probably similar at other courses. Carts on paths only-too wet in some areas. But, for the early season price it was a good value. Once a few weeks go by it should be in much better shape. Overall a fun course

Dear Golfer,

Unfortunately, the course fell down the tubes since. Our 2015 season was awful. Our superintendent basically ruined the course condition to its worst shape in our establishment. That, on top of irrigation issues, created a nightmare for all here at RBCC.

We are under new maintenance management, headed by the skillful David Porter, superintendent. Under his hand, our maintenance crew has done wonders for the course: our greens are fast, and GREEN--"the best in the region" says many golfers.

We are working hard to get back our lost customers, as well as get the course to what it should be: a Top 100 Public Course (as rated by Golf Digest). I ask all to be patient with us, for a lot of capital is going into restoring River Bend's beauty.

Reach me immediately at riverbend250@gmail.com, or call at 508-580-3673.

Come on back, and play with Jared (my son, and the head of social relations/tech) and two others--on the house.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Gerry Cosby and RBCC Staff