Conestoga Golf Club

Located about an hour northeast of Las Vegas, Conestoga Golf Course tumbles across the desert canyons and arroyos of Mesquite. Gary Panks, the course's designer, wanted to create a course that looked as though it had been forged over time by nature. By utilizing the desert landscaping and natural washes, the result was a stunning layout that is as scenic as it is challenging. The rolling topography covers a range of elevation changes, providing not only tricky uneven lies but also views of the surrounding canyons. The course is enhanced even further with interesting rock outcroppings that are interspersed across the landscape and several different water features. In addition to the natural hazards, Panks incorporated over 50 strategically placed bunkers throughout Conestoga Golf Course. It is formidable, but the course has five sets of tees to accommodate a wide range of skill levels.
Conestoga Golf Club
Silver 72 6378 yards 71.0 139
Copper 72 5889 yards 69.2 128
Jade 72 5017 yards 68.8 111
Scorecard for Conestoga
Black M: 74.9/137 398 188 418 394 208 536 324 458 595 3519 198 487 578 396 148 450 561 423 472 3713 7232
Gold M: 72.3/132 388 162 366 373 188 515 285 417 564 3258 186 460 513 378 136 438 550 388 444 3493 6751
Silver M: 70.1/127 373 144 335 365 160 490 276 388 536 3067 168 430 504 368 132 414 518 365 412 3311 6378
Silver/Copper M: 69.3/120 348 144 335 365 140 433 276 349 536 2926 148 430 504 345 132 385 476 365 382 3167 6093
Copper M: 68.3/114 W: 74.2/133 348 130 315 349 140 433 243 349 494 2801 148 420 484 345 114 385 476 334 382 3088 5889
Copper/Jade W: 71.1/125 318 130 315 315 100 414 243 383 467 2685 124 335 422 275 114 385 443 334 352 2784 5469
Jade M: 64.3/107 W: 69.0/116 318 94 186 315 100 414 185 292 467 2371 124 335 422 275 98 300 443 297 352 2646 5017

Year Built 2009
Fairways Tifway 419
Greens TifDwarf
Architect Gary Panks (2009)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times on the golf course and practice facility. This includes collared shirts. Denim in any color is not acceptable on the golf course or practice facility.

Arizona Advisor

Outstanding Mesquite course

First time playing this course and what a treat it was. There are almost no bad holes and one is looking forward to see what is next. Greens were average speed and my only complaint is the sand in the bunkers (hard packed). This is a destination course and a must play anytime one plays golf in the Mesquite area.

Commented On 06/04/2018

Thank you for your 5* review rathke! Hope we see you again soon. - Ryan S.

Perfect conditioning

Extremely impressed. Fairways were great, course layout is great. Can’t wait to go back

Commented On 06/04/2018

Hi Bradpwm, we appreciate the shout out and look forward to your next round. - Ryan S.

Must play in Mesquite

Conestoga is definitely a great track and a must play if you're visiting Mesquite. Course is in great condition. We were fortunate enough to get paired up with a couple of locals who played there regularly. Course knowledge definitely helps for first timers. The greens weren't as quick as I would have liked but generally in good shape. Only gripe was with the guy working the counter. Tried to get a few extra holes in after our round and he wanted a hefty price to play about 5 holes before it got dark. Mind you we paid top dollar for the round already. Put a damper on what was otherwise a great day on a great course.

Commented On 03/22/2018

Thank you for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed the course. - Ryan S.

Vastly different nines.

Loved the course. Great conditions. Perfect overseeded grass. Practice area was fantastic and we used it due to 30 minute frost delay. Quirky canyon front 9 with lots of blind or guesswork shots. More traditional desert layout back 9. Accurate drives are a must throughout. Definitely a must play in the Mesquite area. Friendly staff, very informative on what to expect. Will play again my next trip, i think this would be a great 'wagering' course with my travel buddies.

Commented On 01/18/2018

Thank you for your review of Conestoga. We're pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again.

- Ryan S., GM

Best course in Mesquite!

Great Course, fun layout, great condition, friendly staff. Not as tricked up as Wolf Creek.

Commented On 12/01/2017

Thank you for 5-star review. We hope to see you again soon.

Texas Advisor

Classic Troon Golf Quality

Like every Troon Golf owned course I've played so far, Conestoga is a high quality operation. The mountain/desert views are awe inspiring and the course is fun.

The greens were a little inconsistent the day we played, but still very playable. It's a pretty tight course on the front 9, so be sure to bring your precision tools. The back opens up a bit, but is still no cake walk. Be sure to keep it on the green stuff or you're likely looking at a lost ball.

You can't go wrong playing a round here. Staff was very friendly!

Commented On 12/01/2017

Thank you for your review and for choosing Conestoga.

Best of Mesquite

Great layout great conditions. This is the best of Mesquite.

Commented On 12/01/2017

Thank you Larry & Happy Golfing!

Ryan S., GM

A good course to play in Mesquite. We caught it on a very windy day. The front nine is better sheltered from the wind. The back nine is higher, very open & brutal as far as the wind goes. I would play this again on a calmer day.

Commented On 12/01/2017

Thank you for your review Randy. We hope your next visit brings a calm, clear day.

Great Track.

Played Conestoga the last day in Mesquite after playing other courses. Conestoga was a fantastic layout and it great shape!.. Wife and I finished round in about 4 hours.

Commented On 12/01/2017

We're pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope we can host you and your wife again soon.

-Ryan S., GM

Very nice experience

I didn't know much about the course before arriving so my expectations weren't high or low. Driving up I could see that the course was in excellent condition, which was very surprising after a very hot summer.

The layout was fun, it's the kind of course that you'll probably have to play a few times before shooting a good number but still fair and fun.

The staff was great, the food was great and we played for under $50 which I'm sure is a summertime rate.

The one knock I have is that the bunkers need new sand, keeping it on the green out of a bunker was next to impossible.

I will be going back with friends, I would love to see this course again soon.

CH

You have like target golf. I would not recommend for a beginner. Course has several blind shorts a lot of shots over desert washes ..

Play it twice

Great course !! Will be much better the second time You play for the sake of course management. Conditions are awesome and layout is unique. We drove 1 1/4 hrs. from Vegas and definitely worth the drive.

Poor weather

Beautiful course friendly staff . The only thing that did cooperate was the weather rain/windy. Will play this course again next time in town.

Fair desert target golf

Fun course. Fun holes with nice greens. I had a hard time figuring out the breaks on several greens. It was my first time playing it and on a few holes I was unsure where to hit the ball. I played silver tees and should have played the gold because I don't think I hit many long irons into greens mostly 9 and pw's.

Exception Course - Just need a guide

Having played this course once before, albeit several years ago, a few of the holes looked familiar. However, there are several on the front nine which needed the guidance of my playing partners who lived there and played every week. For the first timer, it can be deceiving. Back nine is more obvious and the overall facility is a joy. Staff very friendly and I will return. Hopefully, sooner rather than later so I can recember where to hit shots....

Attractive

This course is well maintained. There are a couple of holes that require some strategy. The starter makes sure you are well aware of the "obstacles" on holes 4 & 6. The big disappointment was the pace of play, almost 5 hours. The desert areas are played as lateral hazards. Everyone on the course should be playing ready golf. Didn't happen in the foursome in front of us. It's really easy to drop your cart partner at their ball then move on to yours. That small gesture would speed things up for all of us. Playing ready golf also applies around the green. No reason not to get around this course or any course in 4 hours. Come on golfers, be ready and keep moving!

Good course average service

Great day. Great course. Service was so so. Never saw the beverage cart after hole 4 and several groups were commenting on the lack of beverage cart at a course of this caliber. Slow play. Waited on every box and they packed the groups on the course on a Thurs.

Commented On 02/16/2016

Dear golfislife111, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to discuss your round further at your convenience so we can seek a way to earn your business again in the future and provide the experience you expected and deserved. Please contact me at conestoga@troon.com. Sincerely, Ryan Stemsrud General Manager.

DCR

Go enjoy this course if you can.

This course was well groomed and quite beautiful. Winter Rye grass had taken over but still quite green. We got a great rate from Golfnow and paid much less than who we were paired with.

The course has Spectacular views

Excellent condition, a challenge to all level golfers. Would highly recommend!

We have played a lot of the courses in the Mesquite/St. George area. We decided to play Conestoga for the first time because we saw a deal with the Dixie Direct Card. 18 holes w/ cart & lunch for only $39. This is now one of my favorite courses in the area. The course was in great condition, which doesn't happen with all courses in the area during the summer. The course is fun & challenging. We had my 17-year-old niece and 9-year-old son with us & the course was a perfect length for them from the front tees. Course knowledge helps as some of the shots on the front are blind or risky. Lunch after the round was really good at the restaurant. We will be back.

Littlefield, Arizona