A view of a hole at Conestoga Golf Club.

Located about an hour northeast of Las Vegas, Conestoga Golf Course tumbles across the desert canyons and arroyos of Mesquite. Gary Panks, the course's designer, wanted to create a course that looked as though it had been forged over time by nature. By utilizing the desert landscaping and natural washes, the result was a stunning layout that is as scenic as it is challenging. The rolling topography covers a range of elevation changes, providing not only tricky uneven lies but also views of the surrounding canyons. The course is enhanced even further with interesting rock outcroppings that are interspersed across the landscape and several different water features. In addition to the natural hazards, Panks incorporated over 50 strategically placed bunkers throughout Conestoga Golf Course. It is formidable, but the course has five sets of tees to accommodate a wide range of skill levels.

Conestoga Golf Club

Year Built 2009
Fairways Tifway 419 Grass
Greens TifDwarf Grass
Architect Gary Panks (2009)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times on the golf course and practice facility. This includes collared shirts. Denim in any color is not acceptable on the golf course or practice facility.

Restaurant

Clubhouse

Excellent Track/Awesome Service

The course was immaculate and for my level Very Difficult and I wouldn't have changed a thing. I may play up if I go again but it was spectacular from the Whites. The manager was fantastic. I left a sweater behind after golf and he claimed to have found it but when I returned it was misplaced. He offered me a pick of my choice from the golf shirts in the pro shop. I was quite surprised and impressed.

Great Layout in Decent Dhape

This is a scenic course has a variety of great holes that wind through canyons. Views of the surrounding mountains are nice. Accuracy off the tee is a must do you have the best chance to hit the greens. Overall the greens and fairways appear to be recovering well from punching. Although not perfect the whole course is very playable. The range one shop were very good and staff very nice. This is a must play in Mesquite

Horrible greens and conditions

Played in a tournament here today. Fairways sparse and greens longer than shag carpet of the 70’s.

Sun and water which are both abundant are not even enough. Was told by staff conditions were directly related to a cost cutting implemeted

Seriously the slowest unkept greens I’ve played in over 20 years.

What potential. Shame to see the neglect.

Not typical of a Troon managed Golf facility

Rough Greens

Green damage from heat. Hard to put on most greens. Plugged fairways, not much sand in bunkers. Course condition not good.

Conestoga

They told us before we even started that the greens were bad. And that was the issue. There at of this course is gorgeous. They haven’t control over the weather and if it burns the grass. At least the golf shop was up front about it . We will be back

excellent!

played here may 17, 2020 course was in great shape, a good challenge without being too difficult. seemed like a slightly scaled down version of the wolf creek course which was great. beautiful course, gentleman at tge pro shop was very friendly and sent us out early. great experience here and will definitely play here again next visit to mesquite. 5 stars for unique course and fantastic service

Philly Advisor

first time for desert golf

This was my first experience with desert golf and it was just great. It was even better after playing a couple other courses later in the week. The 4th hole was tough because of indecision and lack of knowing the course. I get the concept after seeing the hole and how it had to be built.

Absolute beauty

I don’t ever remember playing a course with such immaculate fairways and tee boxes. Greens were a little sandy, though. Layout was incredible, risk and reward, views were nice and pace of play was reasonable.
You won’t find a better course in the area. Number 11 (I think), par three, 180 yards over water, Waugh water fall in the background was my favorite. The starter was super nice.

Amazing Track!!!

It was windy and cold but the course was amazing. Will definitely be back the next time I’m in Vegas.

Fun layout

Very exciting course in good condition. Pace of play a little too slow. Lack of layout mapping on hole placards and scorecards makes course difficult for those of us who are not familiar with the geography. I would have gladly purchased a booklet of the hole layouts and recommendations for play if offered
This would have saved us some consternation and strokes.

Great track but wow

Here's the deal. We all know there are a lot of slow golfers out there but... we started at 910 am and after waiting for 10-15 minutes at every tee box because , what we came to find out 2 foursomes in front of us that were terribly slow that were all together had multiple open holes in front of them. Just plain terrible course management. The marshal was really nice and helpful but obviously oblivious to the situation with the 2 groups in front of us. We were a twosome and gave up on the 14th hole at 4+ hours out of frustration. Too bad I would like to come back and play it because it is a fantastic course but it really leaves a bad taste in your mouth when there were soo many groups behind us and to find oit no one in front of this slow 2 pack of foursomes ruining it for everyone.

Desert golf at it's best

Golf course was in great condition and all the employees were very friendly. Had a cart girl and a ranger who had cold toweis and water. Also drinking water on the course every couple of holes. Only complaint is that the greens were a little slow.

Staff was friendly. The course was challenging. Very Scenic . Lunch was good.

Love this course but....

We’ve played this course each time we’ve passed thru Mesquite as they were previously part of our Troon card network. We loved the course so much that we’ve kept going to it even though it’s no longer a Troon course. Great layout, staff and services.
This time we played with a single from a group of 8 ahead of us, although you’d never know it. Never once came back to chat with this man. Sad.
What they did do was to blare rap music so loud that you could hear it on the tee box although they were on the green on a par 4 or 5. Screaming. Yelling. Parking along the greens. Really obnoxious behavior. Love the course. Hated the behavior we saw. Need more marshalls.

Anonymous

This is a beautiful course. Each hole is different and was in excellent condition. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Public/Resort