Type Private
Style Woodland
La Cita Country Club

Year Built 1982
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Ron Garl (1982) Lee Trevino (1982)

Dress code Traditional golf attire. No cut-offs, gym shorts, denim, collarless shirts

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #3)

My second time to play this course. The rain has really improved the fairways from a week ago, and the greens are in decent shape. I will be back.

Commented on 05/20/2020

Thank you for the great review! We're glad you decided to come back for more. We look forward to your next round of golf with us here at La Cita Country Club!

the tee boxes were mostly dirt. you could find some grass here and there. the fairways were dry, The sand traps are compressed mud. The greens had quit a few dead spots. but they rolled pretty true.

La Cita

This is a very good course and the 3rd time I have played here. There was a foursome 3 groups ahead of us that was slowing the pace of play down to a crawl. Two of them were playing from the tips and they were nowhere near good enough to be playing from the back tee. otherwise had a good time except it was hot as balls.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for your review! We're happy you decided to come back for more. We hope you'll come play again soon.

Excellent staff, course improving

Ryan in the pro shop is always a pleasure to deal with! The course has been in worse shape recently but is improving. Challenging layout for a 23 handicap but very interesting..

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We'll be sure to tell our staff to keep up the great work. Come play again soon!

Commented on 04/28/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing La Cita Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 04/28/2020

Thank you for visiting us at La Cita Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great staff

The course is dry with no significant rain for the past few weeks we will come back when the grass has grown a bit. Ryan, in the makeshift pro shop is one of the nicest course employees anywhere. While working in this Corona Virus situation he is a real pro .

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're happy to learn our staff has made your experience at La Cita feel safe and comfortable. Take care and we hope to see you again soon.

Fine

The course is overplayed and neglected. The greens are really bad. Needs some TLC

Not Great

The course is suffering from overplay and lack of attention. The greens are beginning to look like fairways and the fairways are beginning to look like rough. Needs some TLC.

Disappointing trip...

Drove 30 minutes to play this course... little did we know that the greens had been aerated / sanded recently and were just terrible... putting on this course was an adventure on most greens. The course overall was dried out ... in some areas burned out... and just not impressive at all. My playing partner and I were very disappointed. The course has a nice layout ... with lots of terrain variation... small, elevated greens but if I was a member there I would be livid. Perhaps a few months of rain in May & June will improve the situation. I hope so and maybe we will try again before the end of the summer... I would not spend any money there until June if I was you.

Busy day at course

Though I started as a single, I quickly caught and joined the threesome ahead of me. My game isn't great right now but I enjoyed the round with my new friends from WV. We played behind a foursome who also had a foursome in front of them so the round was slightly over 4 hours.

Commented on 04/14/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your round with us!

Today was the fourth time I played there. I Just put on my list as one of my favorites, I Find the course very challenging.. I still [lay from the white tees and can still break 90.. .

Commented on 04/13/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! We're honored La Cita Country Club has made it to your list of favorites.

Occupied

I would like this review to focus on thanking Brandt and his Staff. During these trying times dealing best we all can with the current Covid-19 virus situation, Brandt has taken every precautionary measure necessary to protect his staff, members & players while still providing a golf outlet for all. Thank you Brandt! Looking forward to our tee time tomorrow. See you then

Commented on 05/13/2020

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at La Cita Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Seeing lots of growth. The beautiful weather has greatly helped Jason & Brandt jump up the improvement windows. And a great getaway in these crazy times. Thanks for all you do!

Commented on 05/13/2020

We're glad you enjoyed the fresh air and break in the outdoors! We hope to have you back again soon.

Spring growth

As always, amazing, friendly Staff. Never expect any less from Brandt and company. Grass is growing and filling in nicely in these warmer temps. C'mon out and challenge your game on this layout

Commented on 05/13/2020

Thank you for the stellar review! We're glad you enjoyed the quality of our course staff.

Excellent layout, friendly staff

Played this course several times. Love the challenging layout and elevation changes. Staff very helpful and friendly. Greens were not as good as usual, but still good. One of my favorites in the area.

Commented on 05/19/2020

We're glad you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer!

No grass

The greens are poor, the tee off miss grass. Please give some water and love to that course.

Commented on 03/21/2020

I agree. The grass needs more attention, especially irrigation. The tees are deplorable. Several were just sand with no grass. The fairways and greens have the texture of rock. These conditions are caused by a lack of irrigation. The concrete golf cart pathways are broken in many areas. The entire course seems tattered. I do believe that the golf course is hanging on by its thumbs. It needs a redo, but I guess they can't afford it.

A challenging course!

Played this course twice in Feb/Mar 2020. We are decent senior golfers who enjoyed the layout, the challenging greens that are protected by sand traps, sloped and fast in spite of the top dressing. The fairways are in rough shape with lots of bare patches. Lots of leaves down which make seeing balls more difficult. This course is challenging with long carries (2 par 3s at 170 yards over 150 yards of water. You have to use good course management with many traps and water comjng into play.

maybe in a few weeks

Overall, I liked this course, lots of dog legs and some water to carry, at my skill level somewhat challenging in places. However, they recently sanded the greens and it was like putting at low tide on the beach...very fast in places, slow in others, mounded greens tended to make the ball roll off easily. I know maintenance must be done but wait a week or two before you go. I plan to go later on myself...based just on yesterday I would not

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020