TPC San Antonio - AT&T Oaks Course

Type Private/Resort
TPC San Antonio is home to two championship courses, the AT&T Canyon Course and the AT&T Oaks Course. Greg Norman designed the Oaks Course with the intent that it would be a host venue for PGA Tour events. With that in mind, Norman designed a challenging golf course with lengthy holes and sheer-faced limestone walls facing some of the holes. The layout features large, rolling greens and tree-lined fairways. Cavernous bunkers that are strategically placed throughout the course provide a challenge for even skilled golfers. If that is not enough for you, water hazards come into play on several holes. TPC San Antonio's AT&T Oaks Course closes with a formidable test, a 591-yard par 5 that requires a carry past a creek to a green that is flanked by bunkers.
Tiburon 72 7435 yards 76.5 148
Tournament 72 7034 yards 74.7 145
Players 72 6624 yards 72.7 142
Club 72 6242 yards 71.1 138
Club (W) 72 6242 yards 78.4 143
Forward 72 5514 yards 74.1 132
Scorecard for AT&T Oaks
Tiburon M: 76.6/145 454 602 213 481 342 403 207 604 474 3780 447 405 410 241 567 464 183 347 591 3655 7435
Tournament M: 74.9/142 425 555 203 469 315 384 186 589 461 3587 412 381 394 215 553 443 162 337 550 3447 7034
Players M: 73.1/138 397 545 171 430 282 372 179 562 425 3363 392 369 362 194 520 423 154 317 530 3261 6624
Club M: 71.4/135 W: 77.0/139 368 526 159 412 270 340 165 549 411 3200 384 331 348 184 471 394 146 303 481 3042 6242
Forward M: 68.3/123 W: 73.1/126 308 493 128 352 196 326 140 494 311 2748 338 325 282 166 438 373 121 248 475 2766 5514

Year Built 2010
Fairways TifSport Bermuda Grass
Greens Champions Bermuda Grass
Architect Greg Norman (2010) Wadsworth Golf Construction (2010)

Golf School Academy Yes - "TOUR Academy TPC San Antonio"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2017 #5)

Best in San Antonio

The TPC San Antonio Oaks course in my opinion is the best course in San Antonio. I've played every course around the city and this one was my favorite pure golf course. I played a few days after the pros finished at the VTO, so the course conditions were nothing short of perfect. The greens rolled smooth and very quick, every bunker was sanded and in pristine condition, all ponds were full, and every fairway looked great. The course sits in Texas hill country and has some elevation change but isn't gimmicky with the elevations at all. Many holes are framed with beautiful live oaks, bunkers, and rock outcroppings that make them a thing of beauty. The par 3s are strong throughout the course, maybe one of the best collections of them I've played to date. If I am comparing the course to other truly top facilities, I must admit the service was slightly lagging behind them. I've played many places where Valet service was standard, tee times were adhered to strictly by the starter whom normally gives a great overview of the course itself to guests, and the cart girls are ever present. While none of this really is necessary to me and I am splitting hairs between the top facilities, it needs to be mentioned in reviews to stay valid. Still, if given the chance to get a round on this course, I would highly suggest making it a golfing priority. Practice bunker play, chips from tight lies, and play the correct set of tees in order to have a chance at scoring at all here. The course is tough, but sometimes tough can bring out the best. In this case, it brings out the best San Antonio has to offer.

A good quirky course with a so-so front 9 and very good back 9

This is a good course, very well-conditioned, with some quirky/gimmicky features. It rolls through Texas hill country but the elevations are not severe. It has large, deep cavernous bunkers. Greens are fairly large but if you miss them anywhere you are punished. The front 9 is surprisingly fairly plain other than a few quirks like the shared green that wraps around a monstrous bunker. I played a couple of weeks before the Valero tournament so the greens were lightning fast. The back-9 makes good use of the topography and the streams to make a nice-looking course and to make you think through your shot selection.

Fun Course, Pro Tournament Puts a Premium on Price

It's always fun to play where the pros play. This is a cool layout through the tress and plays fairly difficult. The main defense are the deep green side bunkers, if you miss the green by just a little bit you are most likely in one. The sand was super soft which made them hard to get out of. I played this course in August 2017 through a stay and play package so the rate was pretty cheap, this is definitely not a course worth playing during peak season and peak rates. Definitely better than the Canyons course though.

This course was a fantastic test of golf. This course had some very difficult holes but it also had some birdie holes. Course was in fantastic shape. Greens rolled very well and the grass was in pristine condition.

Poor weather

Best course I've been on

I was lucky to have played in a course that's part of the PGA tour. I played a week after the Valero Texas Open and was pleasantly surprised at how pristine the entire course was. I figured that after the pro's went through, that it'd be a mine field of divots the week after, but that was not the case at all. This course plays long and it is super challenging with lots of sand traps. It has a lot of elevation changes, typical of a Texas hill country course. The fairways and greens are gorgeous. I've never seen fairways this pretty, they almost looked fake to me how smooth and green they were. Perhaps the best thing that complements this course is the JW Marriott resort, with its awesome pools, slides and lazy river. This course is a must for a weekend getaway with your family. Get a round of 18 while you're family is enjoying the pool and other amenities.

Best Round Evah!!

While the dead patches in the fairway were very impressive, I was even more impressed by the superintendant's choice of crafty pin placements. The Valero Texas Open was played well over two months ago, and I got the impression the grounds crew wanted to treat ME like a pro!! I mean, who doesn't love seeing most of the pin placements on steep ridges? I really enjoyed seeing my putts that missed by a few inches travel 30 feet from the hole. I got bonus putts--for free!! Thanks, TPC San Antonio!! Now I don't want you to think I got bonus golf for free, because I'm pretty sure the $4 Gatorade I purchased was no different from the $2 Gatorade I am used to drinking (but I could be wrong?). Sarcasm aside, the staff were friendly, and the layout is a good test. I wish they would understand there are lots of choices around San Antonio for my golfing dollars. Fair pin placements make the golf more fun, and good conditioning is a must when the greens fees are $$$. Given my experience today, I think I will spend my discretionary golf dollars elsewhere.

Awesome Experience !!!

I live around the corner and finally got a chance to play TPC San Antonio.. It was a pleasure and I really enjoyed the course.. The practice area was unbelievable.. Being able to work on 50 yard wedge shots on perfect fairways and greens was a treat.. The course itself was in pristine condition.. Everything was green because of the rains and there were wild flowers everywhere.. The course is tough for average golfers.. I was strutting my stuff as I was even par after 5 including a birdie on #5.. I racked up a ton of double bogies after that and only managed a 92.. The greens are slick and as the day went on I found them hard to handle.. It was hard to get the first putt close.. We did play the forward tees (6200 yards).. I'm no pro and there are way too many folks that think they are good enough to play the tips out here.. Enjoy the course by playing a yardage that gives you a chance.. I am a local and would like to see more affordable rates in the late afternoon.. Right now, most of us are priced out of this course..

Worth the cost

Having been able to play this course multiple times since it first opened up, it is wonderful to see some of the changes they have made, especially to the greens. With some tough tee and approach shots, it definitely takes some shot making skills to play this course well. On more than one hole, the landing area for the tee shot is a narrow part of the fairway that depending on the day could roll your ball an extra 20 yards forward or straight into the rough which is usually very high and thick. For the more novice of golfers, the course does offer some more welcoming landing areas for tee shots, you just have to sacrifice score for lie.

One of the Hill Country's finest

Now open about five years now, the Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio is really starting to settle into its groove. The fields just keep getting better at the Valero Texas Open and the course is maturing beautifully. That improvement is reflected in the fact it was rated at No. 68 on Golf Digest's most recent Top 100 public after not being on it at all the previous time. The Oaks, designed by Greg Norman, is absolutely a Top 100 course and a real joy to play, even if you're a mid- to -high-handicapper and the layout dutifully slices and dices up your game. It's a gorgeous piece of Hill Country property with some nice roll to the land, but the larger hills are saved for the Canyons. It's a wonderfully walkable layout to boot, and hoofers were out in abundance on the brisk spring day I played. I enjoyed playing the Oaks more than TPC Sawgrass -- architecture buffs can go ahead and skewer me with that statement. I can take it -- because of the two short par 4s, a fine collection of par 3s and artful shaping of the property that just oozes "Hill Country" at every turn. (Okay, maybe the 18th is a little over the top, but that's Texas, for ya) There are some devilish pin positions out there, and there really isn't an easy approach shot on the course, but TPCs are meant to be a supreme examination of your game, which this course absolutely is. But in spite of the inevitable scorecard carnage, it's still such a pleasant walk from No. 1 to 18.

Extreme test, immaculate conditions, high price

Course was in "tournament shape." Completely overseeded with rye grass. Deep green and beautiful. Really significant rough and most firm, fast greens I have played in many years. Green complexes are raised and run off into closely mown collection areas and deep bunkering. This is not a course for beginners or very high handicaps. I am a 7 hdcp and got beaten up badly. Hit some 9 irons to centers of greens that bounced and released over (with premium ball, not a rock). Not nearly as scenic as sister course Canyons, but 5x the test. Conditions were among best I have ever played. Price is brutal but this gives you the real feel of playing a PGA Tour venue. 18 is an outstanding hole to finish a match. Highly recommend the drinks and food at the restaurant (18 Oaks).

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Cibolo, Texas