2 reviews

Bowes Creek Country Club is situated on the western edge of Elgin amidst gently rolling hills. The golf course enjoys an idyllic setting, sprawling across lush farmland accented with stands of mature trees, natural wetlands, and rocky bluffs. The layout incorporates the natural hazards provided by the terrain but massive, sweeping bunkers were also strategically placed throughout for added challenge. Tall fescue grasses edge the face of the bunkers as well and the undulating terrain guarantees that you will come across a few uneven lies. The trickier elements of the golf course are balanced by expansive, player-friendly fairways that offer a little room for error. In addition to the golf course, Bowes Creek C.C. also boasts a comprehensive practice area with an elevated, 30-station driving range with target greens at varying distances, and putting and chipping greens.

Year Built 2009
Architect Rick Jacobson (2009)

Pull-carts No

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Bowes Creek Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
Single Allowed No

Bar

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

"Members" don't like public players

Bowes Creek is a daily fee course that for $4,000 allows golfers to be "members", and also apparently gives them free reign to be rude and disrespectful to visitors.

While in the first fairway. someone playing the 10th hole approached us looking for his ball while blaring music. After looking up a couple of times while attempting to play my shot, in an attempt to politely suggest that the music be turned down, was told "you don't like music? Welcome to Bowes Creek...this is OUR club.". Wow. Not wanting to provoke a confrontation, our group kept silent and played on.

After the round, told the clubhouse guy about the comments and he was very apologetic. Our group went to the halfway house for a post-round beverage (inside was not yet open) and afterwards while walking back towards the clubhouse, I encountered the same person drinking with other presumed "members" who directed profane comments towards me. Again, I didn't speak a word to this person but did stop by the clubhouse to let them know of the rude and disrespectful treatment from this "member", and informed the pro I'd never play here again after this experience.

Disappointed such a nice facility has "members" that believe $4,000 allows them to behave like some entitled country club brats. If a real country club member treated a guest the way I was, they'd be immediately asked to resign. Hopefully the pro and course administration will encourage its "members" to treat visitors with more respect.

"Members" don't like public players

While in the first fairway. someone playing the 10th hole approached us looking for his ball while blaring music. After looking up a couple of times while attempting to play my shot, in an attempt to politely suggest that the music be turned down, was told "you don't like music? Welcome to Bowes Creek...this is OUR club.". Wow. Not wanting to provoke a confrontation, we kept silent and played on.

After the round, told the clubhouse guy about the comments and he was very apologetic. Our group went to the halfway house for a post-round beverage (inside was not yet open) and afterwards while walking back towards the clubhouse, I encountered the same person drinking with other presumed "members" who directed profane comments towards me. Again, I (somehow) never spoke a word to this person but did stop by the clubhouse to let them know of the rude and disrespectful treatment from this "member", and informed the pro I'd never play here again after this experience.

Excellent place to play!

Second time playing there and each have really enjoyed playing there each time! Will definitely play again soon!

Commented on 10/21/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Junior1926. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

October Golf

Frost in the morning meant a delay. Starter did a GREAT job of getting people out. Course in great shape!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Hello, Mdoti. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bowes Creek Country Club!

Wow!

THE best public course in the western suburbs, bar none. Great track, fast greens, good pace of play, well maintained. I love this course

tough course

A really great layout.Very interesting holes,none alike.Make sure to play the correct tees.I thought the rough was too penal,very high,hard to find your ball.lots of deep bunkers.I would give the course FIVE stars.It's fall and wev,'e had alot of rain.Still this is a must play

Commented on 10/11/2019

grumpy12, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (847) 214-5880. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, u000005282155. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

TTP
Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bowes Creek Country Club!

Commented on 09/06/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bowes Creek Country Club!

Would definitely play here again. Unlike a lot of courses I’ve played this year they actually had sand in the sand traps. Layout was challenging but definitely fair.. Cary girl was very present throughout and the halfway house had plenty of selections.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Hi, thank you for your kind words and great review of your round with us! We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon for another 5-star experience with us. Thanks for choosing Bowes Creek Country Club.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi u000002496967. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bowes Creek Country Club.

Fix the Tee Box

I have played Bowes Creek several times and the constant problem is the tee boxes are in really BAD shape. They look like they are diseased and in Desperate need of repair. This is every time i’ve played there over the last several years. Can someone please work on this problem or I will not be returning!!!!!

I will also not recommend this course for any of my friends to play!!!

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Former gem, now just blah

Disingenuous staff. Course used to be a great gem that was maintained well and with a pleasant staff of normal people. Not anymore.

Course conditions were sub par for this time of year. Most courses in the area are in as good, if not better shape than Bowes. What a shame.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi, Jeff. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bowes Creek Country Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Nice Course

Really like this course. I've played it about 4 or 5 times now and it always is in good condition.

Commented on 08/08/2019

plowman64, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bowes Creek Country Club.

Will play again

There had been mixed reviews from other golfers about this course regarding conditioning, value for money etc. I found the course to be very enjoyable, the staff very friendly, and overall experience really wonderful.

This course plays like two courses. The front nine is nothing like the back nine. The front plays like a conventional course with nice landing areas even for errant shots. The back plays like a crazy links course with narrower fairways, lots of grass and water.

The only negative about this course is the driving range. The tee areas were brown, dry, hard, not watered.

I will be back to try this course again now that i know what I am getting into.

Commented on 08/06/2019

Craig, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bowes Creek.

Commented on 07/30/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bowes Creek!

Commented on 07/17/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

First Class Service for a First Class Course

This was the second time playing Bowes Creek as I played it earlier in the year when it was cold and raining. Todays weather was much better. This is still by far one of the most challenging courses to play. Long par 3's and elevated tees and greens. Some bunkers are deep that protect the green and water comes into play on several holes. In addition from the Blue tees there are some long carry over water and natural habitat.. Hats off to the bartender Jason who I met from a previous time and gave me some insight before my round on certain holes and what to expect. This help manage and maneuver those holes. Bowes Creek provides first class service from the check in to the staff that cleans your clubs after the round. The course is picturesque but don't let that fool you and there are some risk reward holes. I've enjoyed playing Bowes Creek for the second time and looking forward to playing it again. It can be pricey unless you find a good GolfNow price, but still worth the time. The 19th hole food is excellent.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Bowes Creek, we loved to hear such a positive review.

Oh it could be so much more

Guys get a beer cart, keep the turn open, get a cooler when we check in. something

It is like pulling teeth to get a drink in the afternoon during the week, Help a guy out.

Food and bar staff always seem understaffed and running around in circles. Taps were down, come on, food took 40 min.

Step up your game in those areas and it would be a top notch course.

Municipal