The Idaho Club

Type Private/Resort
Scorecard for Idaho Club
Gold M: 74.8/148 433 177 450 153 525 439 236 334 558 3305 536 478 555 471 212 447 199 419 467 3784 7089
Blue M: 71.4/143 412 161 408 142 504 398 201 316 507 3049 504 456 520 423 187 417 187 403 414 3511 6560
White M: 68.5/130 328 147 393 137 470 368 155 258 470 2726 499 380 506 414 160 392 182 396 352 3281 6007
Red W: 69.1/126 299 106 314 92 430 275 130 254 418 2318 290 329 464 364 114 314 121 350 261 2607 4925

Year Built 2008
Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008)

So underrated! A must play when in the area!

Played the Idaho club earlier this month and I must say that some of the negative reviews of this course have nothing to do with the golf course itself because this is one of the most beautiful golf courses I have ever played.

Our group also played the CDA resort course and also Circling Raven which both were fantastic but the Idaho Club deserves some praises.

Ok, the clubhouse situation...they are in the midst of building a new clubhouse (9/2018) and looked like the foundation and framing work has begun but I don’t know the completion date. The current clubhouse looks to be a former model home but they have what you need inside so wasn’t a big deal for me.

There was no service cart during the round which again really isn’t that big of a deal because I had read about this and brought water and some snacks in my bag.

The price was an absolute steal for a course of this caliber...$95 rack rate on a Friday at 11a.

The driving range and practice green is great with grass hitting stations. The golf course and views are stunning, condition was great, the course is a lot of fun (14 hcp).

One negative is the marshaling of the course-we had 2 groups ahead of us that were playing some group format and were playing slow. We had to wait for 20 minutes on the first hole to tee off and it got so backed up on the 2nd hole we had to call the clubhouse to let them know we were going to jump ahead and finish the front nine later. We went ahead to the 5th hole and it was wide open and didn’t have to wait or have anyone push us.

The course was fun from the combo tees and made the course much more manageable than some of the reviews posted about being difficult.

Play from the right tee boxes and soak up the beautiful views this is a can’t miss course when you are in CDA!

Hidden gem - so underrated!

One negative is the marshaling of the course-we had 2 groups ahead of us that were playing some group format and were playing slow. We had to wait for 20 minutes after our slated tee time on the first hole to tee off and it got so backed up on the 2nd hole we had to call the clubhouse to let them know we were going to jump ahead and finish the front nine later. We went ahead to the 5th hole and it was wide open and didn’t have to wait or have anyone push us.

All in all this is one of the best courses I have played and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. As a matter of fact of all 3 courses our group played in Coeur d’Alene (CDA resort, Circling Raven) the Group was split on favorites. If your into playing golf in the wilderness then this is the course for you.

The course itself was in spectacular condition. The layout is fun - we played the combo tees, wasn’t as difficult as some of the reviews I read, course was forgiving enough but yes it was challenging. I think I lost maybe a few balls but nothing crazy. All the reviews that I read made this course sound like it was super difficult - I disagree and herein lies the reason courses have different tee boxes.

Pick the right tee box for your handicap and you will love this course! Have fun, swing easy!

Sheer incompettence

Made tee time in advance and requested rental set LH. Arrived for time and was told they only had one set and someone else had it reserved. Unbelievable. And the level of contrition was modest at best. Vacation day planned around this was wasted.

Amazing, must play

Hands-down one of the best, and most difficult, courses I've played (and I've played many). Half of the course is hilly, tight, and tree-lined, while the other half is flat and plays through wetlands (plenty of water hazards). This is target golf at its best, plenty of forced carries, plan on losing 3 times as many balls as normal. Tees, fairways, and greens all were in excellent condition. Some great deals can be found online, or weekday twilight is good rate. The clubhouse burned down sometime ago, so they operate the golf shop out of a regular house next door. No restaurant, but they do have beverages at least. If you're a glutton for punishment, this course is for you!

Extremely difficult and unfriendly Idaho Club

Keeping in the tradition of a Nicklaus design course, this is a beautiful course in superb surroundings. However, in keeping with the usual Nicklaus design, it is way way way too difficult for the average golfer, even when playing from appropriate tee boxes. The greens are extremely slippery and fast with lots of contour making putting difficult. However the most difficult part of the course are the enormous "carrys" that are needed over marshes and rocks. It was so difficult that it was not fun on many holes. In addition, the course is extremely poorly marked so it is difficult to find one's way from one hole to the next..signage is poor. There is no diagram on each tee box of each hole and difficult to know the yardage to all the trouble on the course...needed my laser pretty much all the time. Bent grass fairways and greens and beautiful. No decent bathroom facilities on the course other than a port-a-potties and no water facilities. Staff in pro shop are very nice. No restaurant. I would not return to this course due to the extreme difficulty and the extreme concentration required for every single shot.

Excellent and Challenging Golf Course

The Idaho Club is an extremely well cared for golf course with tons of beauty and challenges. Plan on losing at least 8 balls. The club house unfortunately burned down so they have a temporary one that has minimal space. Staff was amazing and friendly making the overall experience one that will be hard to top!

Course should be in better condition as being private.

For a private course it did not provide drinking water on the course. A lot of the bunkers were not maintained. It seemed as to be an O-Hum type of course management.

see above

see above, is a valid reply It is a Jack Nicklaus designed course. No more is needed to be said.

It is a hard son of a gun

My wife and I played The Idaho Club and everything that you read is true. The course need a bit of help in some places, the facilities are kinda lacking, the golf carts are possibly on their last leg (ours had the hardest seat cushion ever) and the routing and layout require some impossible shots (220+ yard carries, etc). Now I can say I played it. Probably won't be going back.

Jack would not be proud

The staff was not accommodating, the greens were slow, the golf cart felt as if the wheels were going to fall off at any time and the course was very confusing for a group playing the course for the first time.

Greens- real slow. Course needs more players so they can spend more money on maintainace. Payed $50.00, that is what is worth.

Needs alot of money infused to bring it back to it's wounderful golf experince.

fantastic scenery---great challenge

This is a great course. I played the predecessor course, Hidden Lakes, many times but was unable to play the Idaho Club until they relaxed their policies. I'm glad they did. Play the correct tees, bring lots of balls and enjoy the scenery and the experience.

Hidden Gem in Sandpoint, ID

We would not have even seen this course had it not been for Golf Now. It is nestled in the Hills to the East of Sandpoint, ID. But what a gem. Beautiful course in nature, seen all sorts of wildife, even saw a Moose wandering through the creek on the 14th Tee Box. Staff literally jumped out of the pro-shop to get our clubs out of our car, it was a warm day and they came out equipped with ice cold water. The course itself is challenging, very tough to see any Greens from Tee's, many elevation changes, small greens that have well placed bunkers. There are holes you can grip it and rip it, and there are holes you have to finese as well. I know I will for sure be back the next time I am through the area.

Great course. Tough.

The course is tough, the greens are slow and had some obvious winter kill problems with spots on the greens.

Difficult to manage

The course is laid out in a very scenic area of woods and wetlands. There are some impossible tee shots required to carry water hazards unless you can hit a drive 180 yards on the fly. Course conditions are recovering from a severe winter and as a result were a little "furry". Greens were challenging due to slowness and various burial mounds to traverse. The staff were super friendly and worked hard to compensate for the lack of restaurant facilities (burned down six years ago). The p.ace of play was adversely affected by allowing a six some to play who nevertheless being polite Canadians allowed me to play through. Although the course is reputedly a signature Jack course, it is an older course which has been updated. I have played many courses designed by Nicklaus golf from Cabo to Palm Springs to Austria and in between but this did not have the same feel as those other courses.

Beautiful, but challenging.

There are so many places to shoot over water and /or marshes and wetlands that it is necessary to have plenty of balls. We all were first timers at this course and enjoyed it. It is unique following the Pack River. I live locally, but could not afford the green fees until GolfNow priced it at $64/ player. It was worth it

Beautiful course!

If you want to challenge yourself and enjoy what North Idaho has to offer, don't pass this course up. Just be prepared to lose some balls!

Valid dates: Oct 19, 2018 - Dec 20, 2018