1.6

Architect Gary Browning

Bunker No
Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf apparel: No denim, track pants, or beachwear. Shorts must be tailored, shirts require a collar, mock neck or turtle neck.

5 hours and 45 minutes

Longest round of golf I've ever played. Took over 3 hours to play the front 9. Saw the marshal 3 times and everytime he said the same thing. "What do you want me to do" how about your job. I also called the clubhouse about the pace and the girl working said "if you have somewhere to be play the front 9 again" top notch staff they have working at this course. Again... over 5 and a half hours to play 18 holes. Steer clear unless you have lots of time to sit around. Never again.

first time

Course was actually better then I thought it would be. Fairways were in great shape, hardly any leaves & greens were in excellent shape. Front 9 was fairly slow and the group in front of us didn't put the pin back in properly TWICE!! so we had to run up to stick it back in. I think they took off after a couple on the back because it was fast and we didn't see another golfer the rest of the round. Good course though!

Mother Nature added 10 strokes

First time golfing at McKenzie Lake. Beautiful scenery. Unfortunately some confusion with tee times -
last minute cancellations + walk-ons delayed us by half an hour. A soggy course made for a lot of walking - no fault of the course. Finished 14 holes when mother nature decided to start a light show. The horn sounded - decided I had enough. Next time.... I will go back.

Plays Twice a year

The greens were in great condition
The fairway were very very wet due to all the rain we have had
Best I've seen the course since the floods

Slow Play....

The course was in fair condition fairways to greens, but.... we waited for the group in front to hit every shot and clear every green before we could hit
- The Marshall came by and said it was backed up on the entire course
- 4 hours and 45 minutes on a course that should be under 4 hours
- the regulars we golfed with confirmed slow play is the norm for this place

Slow Play is the #1 reason I will never play that course again or recommend it to anyone I know. I will however warn people about the painfully slow..... play....

Great day at McKenzie Meadows

The course was in excellent shape and the pace of play was awesome. Played 18 holes in just under 4 hours.

The greens were quite fast and made the game a fair bit harder. Sand traps were in great shape and sand was well looked after and soft like it should be, not hard like the cart path, which you find at a lot of courses. Fairways and rough were all in great shape.

Waitress on the patio was the only bad thing. Had to ask for a beer and she never asked us if we wanted another or a menu and she walked by us 5-6 times without a word. We actually had to go to the bar to pay our tab.

new look

Greens were fantastic best I have played this year and I play a lot of different coerces. I got a great price from golf now and will keep my eyes open for another round at Mackenzie.

Lots of Fun

This is a great layout. Lots of opportunities, but you need to play the game. There is a lot of water and if you hook (RH) the ball the first 4 holes could see you going OB.

On the back 10, 11, 12 are great holes and challenging. But you always feel like you have an opportunity on each hole.

Greens are excellent.

The Staff are very friendly and helpful.

Windy day

Although it is mid October, very windy day, only the first 3 holes has leaves on the green, the rest of the holes all in top condition, we really enjoy the game.

Well balanced course, some challenging hole some easy holes

really enjoyed my round at MacKenzie Medows Golf Cousre, greeted by friendly staff willing and egar to give you a good experience. Course is in great shape, love the grass practice range. Highly recommend this course.

Slow play terrible greens

I recently played Mackenzie meadows and was not impressed. Our tee time was 40 minutes behind. There was no Marshall on the course to enforce the slow play infront of us. Group ahead was new to golf which was fine but they were taking 2 or 3 shots off every tee and nobody there to talk to them or for myself to talk to. Greens were in terrible condition also the tee boxes were in very rough shape. I would not play this course again especially for the price of the round (way too expensive $93) I also would not tell anyone I know to play this course.

Nice Course

Had A day off so jumped on a Hot Deal and had a nice outing with a decent group

A nice course

It was a great way to spend the afternoon and I recommend this course for golfers at an intermediate level or above.

South Calgary in the valley on the shores of the Bow River

This track is "walkable" but there are a few holes with distance between green to tee, we rode. Course was in great shape with fairly wide fairways. Greens are large and quite receptive for a hot day, 86. but there were a lot of unrepaired ball marks. Come on people "fix your ball marks". Some tricky reads, overall very good.
The view from the 10th - very nice. Can see a lot of the valley. For an "in city" course it feels like your not.
Good practice facilities. Bunkers, chipping, and of course putting. Driving range has good distance markers.
All this for under a hundred bucks. A pretty good deal for the location. I will play this course again.
They are doing some remodeling on the course but doesn't interfere with play.

Course condition good, staff great

A buddy and myself teed off on a Wednesday afternoon. We had lunch prior to the round and it was very good and reasonably priced. we found the course conditions to be quite good. The fairways were very lush and provided a nice cushion for the ball to rest on, and the rough was mowed to the proper length to make it challenging but not unreasonably difficult. The greens were slightly above average, there were some spots where they applied some sort of blue substance, probably to promote growth. However they rolled quite true, our putts never bounced around. We enjoyed our day so we came in after the round for a drink and something to eat. I must say that our experience with the pro shop staff and the servers in the restaurant were fantastic, and it was obvious that the staff enjoy working here. Thanks for making our day.

Mckenzie meadows

Great course terrific staff awesome condition first time playing this course and will play it again

It's Back

No visible signs of flood from 2 years ago. The course sides on a award winning fishing river. Plays really fair from the white tee's up to a 19 handicap and tough from the blue or black. Staff and pro shop is extra excellent.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020