Stewart Creek Golf Resort

White/Gold 72 6207 yards 69.5 121
Gold/Red 72 5628 yards 66.7 117
Gold/Red (W) 72 5628 yards 71.6 136
Scorecard for Stewart Creek Golf and Country Club
Black M: 73.0/128 386 559 181 478 418 553 405 246 199 3425 407 609 206 425 294 442 471 164 530 3548 6973
Blue M: 71.6/127 366 548 164 453 415 527 394 204 187 3258 407 597 185 409 274 414 428 150 516 3380 6638
White M: 68.7/123 366 460 143 398 404 517 333 182 156 2959 376 549 176 374 274 375 413 140 516 3193 6152
Gold M: 67.6/118 350 453 133 390 386 473 309 161 146 2801 324 549 160 374 266 375 390 124 458 3020 5821
Red W: 68.3/127 281 412 117 361 329 426 277 139 130 2472 269 455 112 320 247 329 313 96 410 2551 5023

Year Built 2000
Golf Season May - October

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Awesome

Must play if in Canmore! Such a fun layout, always in perfect condition.

Minnesota Advisor

Country club feel in the mountains - I love it

Stewart Creek is an amazing place, the course runs on top of an old Anthracite Coal mine which provides some unique traits. The clubhouse is very nice, this course is a semi-private course so it has a country club feel with a public option. The restaurant is nice with a balcony, it gives you the chance to eat outdoors and overlook the practice area and range. The pro shop was very nice, quite large with a solid selection. No yardage book, only a yard card, which was kind of a bummer as I like to collect them. The carts were new and nice, staff was very nice, especially the starter. We had a good chat before teeing off and I enjoyed that. The course was very fun, scenic and challenging. I had played Silvertip before this round and was told that I would see some clear differences. They were correct, although this was not a negative. Just a different feel, Stewart Creek felt more like a high end metropolitan country club compared to Silvertip. More houses, more activity, a little busier area than Silvertip. Truth be told, I preferred Silvertip over Stewart Creek but I think that was simply due to my preference of courses with a quieter feel. There are 5 tee options, ranging from Black at 7009 yds to Red at 5035 yds. I played the Black tees and enjoyed the course very much, some very challenging holes which make you take chances, and one of my favorite par 3s I have played in #9. #9 is a 212 yd par 3 with a tee box that is elevated to max, it is an awesome view and a great, great hole. The par 5s are pretty long which was awesome, they a very fun and offer risk/reward opportunities and a few double fairways. There is also a very unique part to this course which I have not seen anywhere else, a few of the holes have a large bell which you are asked to ring in order to tell the group behind you that you are in a safe spot and will not be hit. Blind tee shots are common on this course, so the bell is a creative way to help prevent issues. This was very cool, I loved hearing the bell as I traveled around the course. It echoed around and it was awesome. Very cool part of the course. Greens were fast and pure, I loved them. Bunkers were typical sand, I wish It was white sand but it still played just fine. I think you will like this course, it is extremely nice and a high class course. You will enjoy this course just like I did.

Incredible Views - Great Condtion

What a fantastic layout and the course was in excellent condition. Was paired with a few members so I was lucky to have a tour guide as this was my first opportunity to play Stewart Creek. Would definitely play this course again, one quirky lay out on the course was they recently changed the 9th hole from a par 4 to a par 3, so you play back-to-back par 3s, but was still a fun hole with an extreme downhill shot to a green protected by water on the left. Sure I made birdie ;)

The only poor experience I had on this day was a ranger, as her poor selection of words to advise us to pick up our pace on back to back holes, as we were a little slow(someone in our 4some playing for his 1st time this year). Felt this was a little unnecessary as we had a few tee times empty in front of us, and no one waiting behind us.

The Head Pro Chris, actually called me with a follow up a few hours after the round, which I really appreciated, and never had experienced this follow up before. Thank you Chris, look forward to playing Stewart Creek again this next time I'm in the Canmore area.

Worth a trip from anywhere

Beautiful course, friendly service, excellent practice range, challenging golf holes with character, fair risk/reward shots; no gimmick holes. Stunning scenery.

If you like mountain golf, Stewart Creek is a must play. The greens were some of the absolute best I've ever seen, and the bucket list courses I've played include all of the Bandon Dunes courses, Arcadia Bluffs, Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits, Fairmont Banff Springs, and numerous other top 100 courses in the US.

For Canadian golfers, this course compares very favorably with Greywolf, Banff Springs, and the Kananaskis tracks. Pricey compared with Kananaskis and Greywolf, but wow, you won't be disappointed.

The tee choices are broad and flexible. One can combine blue/white and white/gold for men; gold/red for men or women; which offers a better fit for some handicaps.

Beautiful setting, well maintained

Our group played 3 courses in Canmore: Stewart Creek, Silvertip, and Canmore GC. All 3 were enjoyable. Stewart Creek is situated on the side of the mountain range, with great views. Greens were fast, the course was in great shape, and the holes well designed. As nice as Stewart Creek is to play, Silvertip was my favorite. There's nothing not to like about playing Stewart Creek, so if you have time for 2 rounds, play both courses and see for yourself. You can't go wrong playing either or both.

British Columbia Advisor
Poor weather

Great mountain golf

A very nice track with a challenge, yet fun to play. Once you get past the amazing views you have to make a few shots into or from elevation. Greens play nice and are in excellent shape. Not too tough for high handicappers yet enough challenge to keep you honest. It is a great mountain course that rewards great shots with an amazing backdrop.

Prestine!

If you want to experience mountain golf, you dont need to go any further than Stewart Creek. Regardless of how you play, the mountain views and the beautiful design of the course will leave you breathless. The course seems to always be in fantastic shape and with a good variety of tee boxes the course can play reasonably fair or very challenging, depending on what youre looking for. The price is expensive but its worth the extra dollars in my opinion. My only complaint is that there is no GPS, but they do provide detailed hole pictures with distances to assist the first timers. If you are in the area of Canmore/Banff, I strongly recommend taking the time to play this gem.

An awesome day with friends

Everything was perfect! Staff went out of their way to make us feel special. Very nice practice area. The course was in phenominal shape and the camera's got a work out. What a setting for golf! Following our round, we had a great lunch and a couple of beers from a list that would rival the best pubs. Can't wait for a return visit with other friends!

Latest Articles