Situated in the heart of Chestermere, Lakeside Golf Club is conveniently only 20 minutes east of downtown Calgary. The 18-hole layout is player friendly enough for all skill levels to enjoy. The golf course is gentle enough for high handicappers but it will still give more advanced golfers a chance to use their skills. Water has a prominent presence throughout the golf course, it comes into play on nearly every hole on the front nine. The back nine may have less water, but you'll have to contend with more strategically placed bunkers, like on the par-3 13th. This tough hole features not only a large lake on the right but also an array of bunkers circling the green. In addition to the course, With all of the hazards you'll be facing, it may not be a bad idea to use Lakeside's driving range and putting green to warm up.

Lakeside Golf Club (AB)

Year Built 1992
Golf Season Apr 15 to Oct 15

Single Allowed No

KFF
Response from on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

Had a great time

Played with some members from the course . They were great ambassadors for this course and made me feel very welcome

Response from on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our members at the course. We will definitely pass along the kind words. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Good round

It was a good round meet a nice people and food was great.

Response from on 07/03/2018:
Response from on 07/03/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try so that we can increase your overall star rating.

Paul Calgary

Very nice golf course for family and friends day out,I recommend this course for sure.

Response from on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great recommendation to your family and friends. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this Holiday Weekend!

golf

pace of play was very good ,good value for green fees

Response from on 06/26/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We are so glad that your pace of play was up to par today! Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you this Holiday Weekend!

Paul Calgary

Excellent course for friends and family members to have fun together highly recommend.

Response from on 06/19/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback and are so glad you enjoyed the course today. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.
KFF
Response from on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review!

Great Day

The course is slowly repairing the winter kill and it is coming along quite neicely

Response from on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for noticing the changes after the harsh winter we received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Worst experience.

This course has always been in terrible shape with awful service but I met a first in my 30 year golfing life on Friday. They wouldn’t let me play.

I’m a 7 cap that plays 100+ rounds a year. So I know how a course works.

I show up as a single for a quick cheap round and they tell me I can go in 10 mins. I ask if there is anything later because I’d like to warm up.

Previously I had called to inquire about tee times and knew there was a gap between 1:08 and 1:56 with NO reservations. They asked me to go at 1:08.

I asked if I could go warm up and head out. And I’d play slow walking as a single and wouldn’t bother the groups in front of me.

They proceeded to tell me I wouldn’t be allowed to play as a single. I’d have to wait until 2:48 for another group with an opening (along the way lying that the tee sheet was full..... it wasn’t).

I left to play a much better course 15 mins away. Should have just went there to begin with.

This course even without this incident is usually in terrible shape, it’s overcrowded, and has awful service.

Advise to avoid.

Response from on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at Lakeside on Friday. It is never our intent to have our patrons leave with anything other than a good memory of our facility. I spoke to the staff about this matter and they told me you arrived at 12:40 for the 1:08 round. The staff is encouraged to refrain from booking single times into completely open times due to the volatility and unpredictability of online booking engines; times can become booked at a moment's notice. In retrospect, we should have made room for you in one of the open times and for that, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and show you what we are really all about at Lakeside.

Hot Deal Price Good Value

Paid $37 all in which was a Hot Deal price. For this course $37 should be their regular price.

Response from on 06/11/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the feedback regarding any pricing concerns. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Cant beat it!

As a public course Lakeside is worth it. Booked an early morninv round for only $40 whiich ncluded a cart. The course is in good shape however the greens are slow. Stay out of tbe traps as little sand makea it hatder to hit a good shot. With that said worth the short drive from Calgary and can't beat the price for a round.

Response from on 06/07/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for making the drive from Calgary to come see us.
Response from on 06/07/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

This is a great course with great features

If you can get a deal - great course - golf here several times per year.

Response from on 05/31/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback. We offer great deals on our website and our social media pages, don't forget to follow us to stay in touch. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Lakeside Awesome

I haves played several times over the last few years and have to say it is in the best condition ever the greens are smooth the fairways are very green and only a few mosquitoes
Thanks to the staff that were very out going and pleasant.

Response from on 05/29/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Short course. You better be accurate.

Not a bad little track. Most holes are short but make up for it with dog legs and lots of water. Although they where understaffed with the poor girl running the halfway house and the bar, she still managed to be friendly. This course is smack dab in the middle of a housing community. Pretty easy to hit a house if your not very good. There is only one bathroom on the whole course and it’s right beside the driving range, so your taking you life in your hands if you go for a pee.

Response from on 05/29/2018:
Thank you for the 4-star review. we appreciate the feedback regarding any staff or amenity issues at the course. We will take a closer look to see if there is anything we can do in this situation. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again this weekend.

Good course way to rushed

I love this course and have played here lots. What I don’t like it the extreme rushing of players. Our 18 holes took 4 hours not to long at all. When we got to the club house after he 9th hole the Marshall said we were a hole and a half behind. So we skipped grabbing food and went straight to the tenth hole only to find out we had to WAIT. SERIOUSLY!!! I was very upset, so don’t rush people who cares everyone is there to play golf and enjoy it and when you rush them they won’t.

Response from on 05/29/2018:
We appreciate your honest 4-Star review. Thank you for pointing out any customer services issues at the course, we will definitely address this issue since your group was on time, and had a great pace of play. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Local Course

The pace was really good and compliments to the course marshal he made us feel like a member although we are not. The winter took its tole on the fairways, the greens were in good shape.

Response from on 05/21/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Good day on the coarse

Nice coarse with enough variety. Great early season shape. Only downside was mosquitoes.

Response from on 05/18/2018:
Thank you for the 4-Star review! We appreciate you coming out and hope to see you again soon.

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.