Staff Friendliness

Located just five minutes northwest of Edmonton, Hunters Green Golf Club is spread across gently rolling terrain accented with a smattering of mature trees. At just over 6,500 yards from the back tees, the golf course doesn't use length to intimidate. The plentiful water hazards serve that purpose. Golfers will have to contend with water on 11 holes and your golf management skills will be tested with each one. Several holes present a difficult choice between going for it and laying up, a difference that could be between making par or adding multiple strokes. There are several tricky holes but the golf course isn't overly punishing for the high handicapper. The wide fairways offer some room for error. There is also a driving range available at Hunters Green Golf Club.
Scorecard for Hunters Green Golf Course
Blue M: 70.9/122 357 225 512 375 396 237 500 407 400 3409 520 182 304 158 583 378 303 184 480 3092 6501
White M: 69.1/118 W: 74.8/134 330 201 498 365 381 205 488 373 372 3213 500 167 277 150 544 348 286 158 450 2880 6093
Red W: 72.0/128 304 170 482 345 369 160 449 353 353 2985 480 156 248 138 453 315 270 120 430 2610 5595

Year Built 0
Golf Season Apr 1 to Oct 31

Bunker No
Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole No

Single Allowed Yes

Best shape ever.

I have played this course ever since it opened and it is in the best shape ever. The greens are all good and healthy which makes for consistent pace. It is a must play right now
Course Conditions Excellent
Course Layout Good

just little dry on the fairway, excellent green

Nice layout and club house for snack. Good price per game. I would go back to play again.
Poor weather

5 degree's above

Although it was cold, the 10 of us had a fun time. For this late in the year the greens were in excellent shape. In fact the best I've seen at this course. It was my first round since May. Looks like I may have the "Golf Bug" again.
Off-course amenities Average
Value for the Money Good

Great course for the money!

Course was in great shape and everything was cut nicely! Never lost our ball in the rough as it was cut to a gradient of 1.75inch max. Staff was friendly and always had a smile on their face. Lots of space in between each hole so that hooks/slices don't end up in a fairway other than their own! Lots of geese by the water area though so if they hanged out by the greens you will see droppings, but we only encountered that on 2 holes. Will definitely come again.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Off-course amenities Excellent

The course

Course was good.. Greens where the best ever out of 15 rounds I played over the past few years, fairways needs a lot of water... It was enjoyable !!
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Excellent
Value for the Money Good

Decent little course for the right price.

Driving up the course and the clubhouse looked alright. I was anxious to see the condition of their "aquatic" driving range. Walking into the clubhouse I could tell it was fairly new but the cleaniless was very apparent. The staff weren't overly friendly and I didn't really notice them all that much so I guess I can't say anything bad about them. After signing in for my tee time I made my way over to their driving range to find that not only was it an aquatic driving range but we were hitting off of really cheap mats and the ground was not even level. (I have a very big pet-peeve for a cheap driving range) The quality was just not there. But after warming up we made our way over to the putting green and were pleasantly surprised to see that it was in great condition with a noticeable first cut and some rough as well for short chips out of the fringe or rough. At our tee time we make our way to the first tee and see that other than an average sized fairway and a couple of trees there was no trouble to speak of. The course was not overly long and there isn't really any more trouble until you get to the back nine where there is a lot more water, trees and fescue into play making golf course management a bit more of a feat. The fairways were very firm and not quite as short of grass as I'd like (i'm picky) but still in very good condition. The greens were softer but the grass was very, very short and putts rolled quick and true making putts very fun to handle from 15-30 feet away as the greens also sport some subtle undulations. My biggest disappointment in this course wasn't the lack of challenge or difficulty (almost every hole is straight with no trouble) but all of the Par 3s from the back tees (The blues, where we played) were 80% well over 200 yards. Now, in terms of course design... I'm not opposed to a par 3 that's over 200 yards... but part of the fun of managing your game around a golf course is surprise and challenge. There is nothing fun, surprising or challeging about a straight away par 3 from 220 yards with no trouble anywhere to speak of. Overall the course wasn't too bad. And its saving grace was that the fairways were in good condition and the greens were fun to play on. The driving range is really sub-par and the 18th tee block from the Blues was in horrible condition. But we had fun playing and it was not overly hard. With not my best stuff I pulled out a 75 with a 38 on the front and 37 on the back (with a couple of short mental lapses). I don't know that this will be a main venue for me but if at the last minute I can get a deal at this course for 25-30$ again I might make another stop. Worth playing at least once just to see the courses around Edmonton.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Average

Pretty good value for a course in the city

Greens were fast with a bit of challenge. Too many geese. Tee boxes hard-broke tees. I like the layout. Had to wait at every tee box once we caught up, but not too slow for a Saturday afternoon. Owners were working and very friendly, but the girl in the pro shop was not as nice. All in all, the course is is average shape and is fun to play.
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average

Very forgiving

This is a good course for beginners or those who wish to practice with wide open spaces. The fairways and greens were in decent shape, greens were not lightening fast which was good. The only downside was the driving range. Hitting into a body of water with no distances does not help gauge your performance. Lots of geese also, not their fault.

FIRST TIME

NOT TO BAD FOR THE MONEY. PLAYED OFF THE BLUE TEES AND MOST WERE IN GOOD SHAPE BUT 2 ON THE BACK NINE 15 AND 18 WERE AWFUL. GRASS ON FAIRWAYS WAS CUT TO SHORT I WOULD SUGGEST LETTING IT GROW 1/2 INCH TALLER AS IT WAS VERY HARD TO GET UNDER THE BALL. MOST OF THE GREENS WERE AWSOME A FEW NEEDED SOME WORK.

Nice golf course and good location

Hunters Green is a nice golf course for beginners to novice. Fairway is well kept and some green are quite fast. This golf course is worth the money except with a small draw back. Too much goose dropping on tee boxes and on the side of greens. However I have to credit the staff by making sure the greens are clear. I will certainly play Hunter Green again.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019