Alberta Springs Golf Resort

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Golf school / academy: Yes - "Alberta Springs Golf"

Singles allowed: No

"A member here once and will never return!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2017

I was a member here once and after paying my yearly dues found out that they host so many tournaments that over the summer there are weeks where I couldn't get access to the course. There was a stretch of 8 straight days where I couldn't get on the course before 7 pm at night. The course itself is good but then you have to deal with the cart path only rule. There are better places to play than this. I will never spend any of my money here ever again.

"A Central Alberta gem"

CDPbogeygolfer's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Walked Good weather

There are some really great qualities about the course but there are a couple issues as well.<br/> The course is well designed and a lot of fun to play. It is a good walk, which I usually do because the course does not allow carts off the path. That does create a problem as there are a lot of spots on the course where it is a long walk from your cart to the ball if you are riding. The walk is not easy but doable if you are used to walking.<br/> It is always in amazing condition and the greens are usually faster that many other courses. The conditions are always some of the best around as well.<br/> The service is not the best as getting a snack at the turn is always an issue and the people that take your order are seldom friendly. It has never been a big issue for me but have heard many negative comments about the service.<br/> But overall the course is one of the best Central Alberta has to offer. Amazing facilities and course, and can be a pretty good deal for those that like to play on better courses.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Disapointed"

texace's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

They had a sale rack in the shop and had a sign 50% off items on rack just outside the shop area. Took items to buy and was told they were only 15% off as the sign for the rack we picked from was pushed up against the wall.

The cart lady was rude to my wife and daughter.

The course is cart path only and the pro shop did not let us know before the round. Cart paths are a long way from the fairway and we ended up walking farther using a cart then if we just walked the course.

We baught my daughter a hot dog at ghe turn. We got half way down the 10th fairway and my daughter bit into the hot dog and was disgusted to find the bun was moldy.

Felt rushed yhe whole round. We palyed 18 holes in 3 1/2 hours and the members behind us were constently hitting into us. Even though we were right on the groups in front of us. No marshel on the course to assist. Made for a less than enjoyable time.

Not going back even though the course is nice with a good layout.

Would not recommend.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"So green, great course."

Staypuft39's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

Just to get it out of the way, this course is cart path-only for those that ride. It can create some hassles in club selection if your ball lands on the other side of the fairway.<br/> BUT, because of that rule, the course is absolutely always in great shape. Never seen a blade of grass out of place. Visually the course is awesome, and it plays the same. Great test with a some chances to take a risk and reap reward.