River Bend Golf Course

Caddies: No
GPS: No

Practice bunker: Yes
Golf school / academy: Yes - "Golf Academy at RiverBend"

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: At least bermuda shorts and a short-sleeved shirt. Other shorts, tank-tops, (sleeveless) T-shirts, track-suits and leggings are not permitted.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Yellow (W) 72 5484 yards 71.0 125

The Red Deer River encloses River Bend Golf Course, wrapping around the course and 420 acres of mature forests. The location along the river bottom flatland provides a peacefully secluded setting that is ideal for a round of golf. On some holes you'll find towering trees tightly lining the fairways while other holes are hillier and more open, putting them at the mercy of the winds. No matter what hole you're playing though, the design places a premium on accuracy. Two massive lakes as well as a few smaller ponds come into play on a total of 10 holes. In addition to the golf course, River Bend G.C. also boasts a nine-hole "mini links" course, a par-27 layout that is gentle enough for juniors. There's also a driving range with target greens and a practice bunker.

Challenges include water hazards

"Poor manegement bad staff!"

Stephane7457101's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2015

We have a really bad exprrience at that course when the staff come to find us on 11 to tell us we only pay for nine and we got to stop playing ! We refuse to stop and show then the booking from golf now and whitout appologize they left to go check again at the pro shop! That throw our game way off!then around 7 pm they come back to stop us again ! We starting 18 and there still some daylight to finish but they told us there closing! We see a sign at the start which say 7:30 but they did't let us finish our game!we finish our season on a bad note and leave us whit a terrible experience!

"always a fun track"

CDPbogeygolfer's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/02/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Walked Good weather

The course is one of my local favorites. It has challenge but will not be too hard for the higher handicapped player. The course is in excellent condition and is an easy walk. Your putter has to be working as some of the greens can be very tricky. Online booking are also easy and there are great deals to be had. Always enjoy this course whether as a single or as a group.

"Great Course & Good Deal"

rebeltrooper's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Had no issues with booking and was a good deal through Golfnow. Course was in great shape and the weather was perfect. Clubhouse staff could be a little more congenial but maybe they were having a bad day. Food was average and would have liked to sit out on the deck but were surrounded by spiders & spider webs. Deck has a great view but could certainly use a good cleaning.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Extra large greens"

CHADGULLIVER8's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2015

A thought provoking course with as many twists and turns as a bike ride in Newfoundland. Greens are huge and always a challenge. The mix of coniferous and deciduous trees make fairways a pleasure to see and there's just enough water to get into trouble on most holes. If you are in Red Deer it is a must play.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Every experience is a bad experience."

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/19/2015
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Poor weather

I have golfed at this course a number of times as well as attempted to book special events with them. Each time I have been there or contacted Riverbend, it has been an awful experience.

The staff is completely unhelpful. They seem to have the attitude that they are a superior course and are doing their customers a favor by just existing.

I left 4 voicemails to try to book the venue, and never had anyone get back to me.

They never run any specials, and their rules are offputting.

Terrible customer service.

"Nice Course"

Dawn6176749's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 9 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

Great golfing; however it was unfortunate that there was one set of restrooms on the course that were out of order and the clubhouse was completely shut down when we were done our round at around 6:00pm. Couldn't even use the restrooms inside.

"Nice course, marshall could use some customer training"

careygc's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/29/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

I played with some friends and we decided to walk the course to get some exercise as it is quite flat and easy to walk. On the 11th hole I hit my approach and it ended up in a hazard area left of the green so I went in to look for my ball. I stepped on a grass covered hole which I assume was made by a gopher or something and twisted my ankle. It took me a few minutes to recover and try to walk on it, but I decided to try to walk it off and finish the round to keep it loose. As I came up to the 12th green the marshall came by, and we were a few minutes behind because of that incident. I told him what had happened and that we were doing our best to make up some time as I then started playing more forward tees. His response was to ask us to play ready golf and keep up, and then he drove off. Didn't ask if I was alright, didn't offer a ride or anything, just hurry up. We eventually caught up to the next group on 14. As I hobbled off 18 green we passed him again and I commented to him that I made it through the round. His reply was to ask me what our tee time was - I told him and then he drove off again. Nice, huh?

The fairways and greens were in good condition and they let the rough grow quite thick to add to the challenge. I would play it again.

"Always nice to play"

DoubleBogieTodd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015
Previously played Played with a group Walked Played 9 holes Good weather

I have played this course several times, and am never disappointed. It is a challenging and beautiful course. There are lots of trees surrounding the holes, and several of them have helped me in the past. Pace of play is usually good and the marshals are very helpful. I will continue to play here. Golfnow.com has some very good prices on tee times, otherwise the course is rather expensive and I would not play here as much.

"A Little Frustrated"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I last played Riverbed in 1997. At on point I was on the Board of Directors. The course has matured with bigger trees. Fairways and greens are in great shape. They need a course marshall. We lost 2 of our 4-some and played as a twosome on the back. There was an elderly 4some infront of us and they would not let us through. We skipped the last 2 holes as it was taking way too long to play.

"Great layout"

arodudley's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2015

This coarse has a great out lay. Very challenging and has very good water holes. All par 3's are good holes. Would play this coarse often.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2015

Went over the long weekend and had to wait a bit at each hole but overall not bad for how busy it was. Will go again.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great staff at this course"

Kris2191610's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2015

I've alway found this course a little over priced. That's why I use golf now to book my times. That being said the course is always in good shape and challenging. The biggest asset to this course is the staff. From the pros to the beer cart girls and range staff.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Great municipal golf course"

uQSJK6365QS's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The course is scenic with mature trees lining many fairways. Greens are generally large however challenging due to bunkers, elevation and topography.<br/> A good public course for recreational as well as advanced golfers.

"Fantastic Greens"

Keith9560822's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Love the greens, large and excellant to roll a putt on.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Nice again"

Mtndoo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2015

Golfed here for the second time this week, but this time after they had a tourney all day. Course was in excellent condition. Booked thru GolfNow and course did not have our tee time in system but staff was very accomadating and let us play anyways. Disappointed staff approached us on the 14th hole to ask that we bring our cart back but that's their rules and job I guess. Overall will still recommend for future.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"nice course"

royer1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2015

Course in great shape, pace of play was a little slow. Over-all course was in very nice.

"Nicely groomed"

Mtndoo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2015

My first time here and I was pleasantly surprised. Course was in great condition , it was a treat to play such a nice yet challenging course.

"Beautiful Course"

Todddeb's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/01/2015

Fairways and greens are in great condition the staff was awesome and very pleasant to deal with

"Beautiful mature course"

sirtbone's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2015

A very enjoyable round had by all. It is a little on the easy side as the water and bunkers are not over bearing and the greens are enormous. With the exception of the greens which were very fast, immaculate and undulating.

"First Home Game 2015"

Ken2533505's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2015

Great day day for golf. Course in good shape for early spring and weather was great +24C