Castlegar Golf Club

From its perch atop a plateau that sits above the Columbia River, Castlegar Golf Club offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. The up-and-down layout plays through forests of pine trees that can prove to be treacherous to the errant shot and the sloping greens don't make the golf course any easier either. Major golf publications including Golf Digest have hailed Castlegar as one of the best courses to play in Canada, especially for the value. The layout's most challenging hole is the par-4 ninth, which requires not only two long shots in order to reach the green, but the approach also has to be well placed to even have a chance at a birdie or par. In addition to the challenging course, a driving range and practice greens are also available for golfers at Castlegar Golf Club.
Castlegar Golf Club
Scorecard for Castlegar Golf Club & RV Park
Gold M: 71.8/128 456 512 364 192 495 313 400 217 447 3396 409 382 138 479 418 387 524 169 410 3316 6712
Blue M: 70.8/121 W: 77.6/134 440 502 338 183 478 300 391 201 439 3272 401 364 122 465 403 386 488 160 395 3184 6456
White M: 68.8/117 W: 75.0/128 393 490 319 167 443 287 383 189 337 3008 392 318 115 450 392 371 457 151 382 3028 6036
Red M: 65.6/112 W: 71.1/120 336 452 319 116 443 287 285 141 287 2666 320 318 115 434 321 253 457 151 366 2735 5401

Year Built 1955
Golf Season Seasonal

Pull-carts No

Single Allowed Yes

Great course with great staff

August 4th was my first time playing this course. I usually play Granite Point in Nelson because I stay in Nelson. The Castlegar course far exceeds Granite Point in every way. I enjoyed it so much that I’m coming back tomorrow.

excellent playing conditions

When my wife played it was fairly quiet-we felt we had the course to ourselves so the pace of play was great. We live in the area so we know the course well. It doesn't get any better than this!! one of the best courses in the west kootenays-arguably the best!!

Course A1. New Restaurant Management?.

Once again Castlegar was an absolute challenge and pleasure to play. Pro Shop and restaurant servers were friendly and professional. Will always come back despite the awkwardness/coldness felt in the Clubhouse prior to the round and at the turn. No smile or greetings. Not used to this after numerous trips

A true gem in the Kootenays. Not to be missed.

Have not played the course in 10 years but it is still a fantastic golf experience at a reasonable price, even at full rates.This is one of the best golf values I know of. It is an outstanding layout nestled into the mountains. Fair but very challenging at times. Use the free course guide available at the pro shop!

A few red tee boxes were set back with the whites so the course was at times really tough for anyone playing the reds. Despite being at the end of a record setting stretch without rain the greens and the fairways were in great shape and the course played beautifully. The staff was very friendly and the facilities were comfortable. Nothing but great things to say.

Castlegar

Absolutely wonderful and loved the views. How to back again on another trip through this area.

Greens still fast at end of Sept.

Summer like conditions, the course is in immaculate shape. Greens are running fast, quiet slopey

Course is in excellent condition.

The golf course was in excellent condition and pace of play was fantastic. Not very busy on this hot day.

A really good experience

The course is in great condition. There is a good variety hole layouts, with beautiful scenery. A number of greens are rather challenging but fun.

Overall our favorite course played on our Kootenay vacation, and only a half hour drive from Nelson

A Great Course

I've golfed this course once in the past and loved it. Staff are very friendly however the colours for the tee boxes have changed since I golfed there last and we weren't told before heading out. Very confusing as the score cards didn't match up with the indicators on the tee boxes.

Bring your putting skills

Nice course. Would definitely play again. Putting was certainly a challenge. Scenery was outstanding.

Commented On 06/20/2016

Hi u000004996906,

Thank you for the amazing 4 star review and for playing your last round with us! We value your feedback and are pleased to hear that you loved the course! We hope that you will come back soon!!

All the best,

Castlegar Golf Club Management

great value and vistas

Very challenging, well-kept course, beautiful backdrops, great location, close to the airport and Hwy.3. Greens and fairways were in excellent condition on our last 3 visits. The rough is not ridiculous and finding an errant ball is not a life and death experience. Water is in play on a couple of holes. The odd bear will wander out of the forest but gives you an excuse to sit on the cart and enjoy your favourite beverage and a cigar if so inclined.. Overall a great experience.

Commented On 06/01/2016

Thank you for your 5 star review! We are glad to have challenged you and happy to hear you enjoyed the beautiful views. We hope to see you on the course again soon!

This course is a well established course in great shape

The course was in great shape, the greens are big and fast. Four of us finished our round in about 3.5 hours. It is definitely a course I would recommend in this area. You can even camp right at the course. It is well worth the money.

Commented On 08/03/2015

Castlegar is happy to hear you enjoyed the shape of the course and pace of play during your round. We do offer great stay and play packages as well!

good value great course

great day very nice course interesting holes and friendly people

Commented On 07/20/2015

Glad to hear you had a great day of golf and enjoyed the interesting holes at Castlegar GC!

this course is challenging and every hole is different.

I enjoyed myself even though I had an off day playing golf. Best golf course in the west kootenays. Walking in 38 celsius is not recommended for this course. For what I paid this was a great deal-slam dunk!

Commented On 07/14/2015

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed all of the challenging different holes on your day off! We hope you visit us more often

Featured

Great course. Friendly peeople

Typically a course that you can get through at a quick pace. It was "mens night" so the flow was a slower than normal,

Commented On 06/22/2015

Glad you enjoy playing our course. Our apologies for the pace of play due to our mens night and would love to hear more about it. Please email me directly at leahteetimes@gmail.com

lush fairways, awesome greens

excellent practice facilities to warm you up for mean greens and long fairways.

Commented On 06/16/2015

Glad you enjoyed the practice facility and we hope to see you back soon!

Not the course it used to be

I am sad to say that the golf course was very disappointing. I have been coming to castlegar for 11 years and have played the course numerous times each trip. The course conditions have been declining for years...yet the rates keep going up. Even booking through golfnow as a hot deal...I feel the value does not mesh with the price. If I was to play this course for the 1st time and pay rack rate of $75 with a cart. You can bet that I would never come back...ever. Personally, I recommend driving the hour to play other courses in the area, such as Redstone or Balfour. Golfers want value for their dollar...it's not rocket science.

Michael8424222
Commented On 07/02/2016

I disagree with your assessment and in particular your statement that this is not the course it used to be. The course is much better than it was 15-20 years ago and it continues to improve. After having lived in the Vancouver area while ago and golfing many of the great public and private courses there I must say Castlegar plays very comparably to many of those courses.

I do agree that the area has some great golf, including the tracks you mention, but Castlegar continues to be one of the top golf experiences in the West Kootenays.

Commented On 06/16/2015

We would love to hear more specifics about your round so please email me directly at leahteetimes@gmail.com

Poor weather

Top Course in the BC Interior

Castlegar is a must play for one of the best and most challenging courses in the BC Interior. This course has hosted multiple BC amateur championships including the 2007 Senior Men's and 2010 Men's.

My favorite course of all time

This course has hosted so many championship events because of several factors . First off the course is absolutely amazing . Pat , head pro, is the most accommodating , friendly and professional guy you will ever meet in the industry. Brian in the kitchen is a miracle worker and we go to eat at his clubhouse often, not just when we golf. From Brian in management to all the staff and grounds crew we are so spoiled to have this championship course here in the Kootenays . Today was my first round of the year and one day I will learn to not to attack the pins and leave myself above any hole on this course.

Castlegar, British Columbia