Duncan Meadows Golf and Country Club

Nestled in the shadow of Mt. Prevost is a golfing gem that Score Golf Magazine has labeled as one of the top-10 most underrated golf courses in all of Canada. A great blend of parkland and links style holes, Duncan Meadows tantalizes golfers with a fantastic blend of risk and reward choices.
Scorecard for Duncan Meadows
Blue M: 71.7/134 W: 79.0/139 492 418 205 357 498 426 138 375 405 3314 364 393 485 423 203 342 179 491 422 3302 6616
White M: 69.5/125 W: 75.7/133 437 393 173 328 447 378 123 342 371 2992 336 364 464 391 185 305 161 470 384 3060 6052
Green M: 68.8/113 W: 72.1/127 393 301 148 291 412 329 111 315 353 2653 307 341 439 332 128 283 127 418 328 2703 5356
Yellow M: 60.2/97 W: 63.1/105 291 217 109 210 292 192 105 227 257 1900 228 234 324 241 120 182 89 349 263 2030 3930

Year Built 0

Carts No
Clubs No
Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared shirts, golf slacks or shorts required. No jeans.

Get ready for every kind of golf you can imagine

Okay, the first several holes are wide open, rolling prairie hills. Up to a green, then down to a green. Up to a green, down to a green...

Then, a few holes with seriously tight gaps from the tee that reward a good drive. Strategic bunker locations, nice views and surprisingly lush conditions.

I'm glad I finally played golf at Duncan Meadows. I'd definitely go back!

Rustic Muni

An underfunded mom and pop show. Fine for beating a ball around. They need to lower the fees and attract lots of hackers for this type of course.

this course satisfies all levels of golfers, is a great layout, is scenic and spacious.

thoroughly enjoyed the round, owners facilitated early arrival with new tee time, finished in leisurely 4 hrs.; tee boxes, fairways, bunkers well maintained. Greens in good shape after aeration and sanding a week earlier. Have played here many times over several years and it keeps getting better. Herons and deer were wandering around oblivious to tour presence. Owners are very friendly hands on people. A great fall weekend getaway. for us.

Championship greens. Varied terrain. Beautiful course.

Great practice facilities. Fair but challenging course. Can accomodate all levels.

Nice course / good challenge

We really enjoyed the course and its challenges... We ran up to a slow foursome after nine, but played the front nine again in quick time.... Good challenge for golfers of all levels.... Really friendly owners and staff... We;ll play it again...

Target golf

This course requires some course management. Some shorter woods or long irons of the tees to position yourself for the second shot. Because of the dry conditions, the creeks were not flowing and the hazards are not what they would be if it was wet.

not long, but challenging

Very fair, but lots of trouble, so the need for accuracy. Takes a couple of rounds to get familiar - quite a few holes are deceiving to the eye.

Somewhat disappointed

We arrived at the course an hour before tee time. We had already planned to enjoy a cold beer on the deck prior to play but didn't expect to be there so early. This is the first time at this course and coming from out of town, we were not entirely sure how long it would take. Much to our surprise it was 1pm on Saturday afternoon and it was almost empty! We asked if we could go ahead and start early but were told that we couldn't. Because of the hotdeal we received through Golfnow, the course actually didn't get anything so they could not alter our tee off time. This was slightly odd to us because again, there was nobody ahead. We sat and had a mug of refreshing beer on their lovely patio and waited. At 1:20 we decided to go practice putting and I ordered a hotdog at their little snack shack. My husband forgot a scorecard so went back to the clubhouse and asked the gentleman if we could go ahead yet. Now it is 1:40. He sort or offered a nod so we took that as a 'yes' and went out. The course is tidy however, they could definitely have more signage. There was no cart person bring drinks or snacks so we were looking forward to hitting the shack after the first 9 however, it was closed. 3pm on a hot Saturday? We carried on and by the time we were on the 17th tee box, I was so thirsty, I had to run to the clubhouse and get a bottle of water from the vending machine. Overall, I doubt we will return,. Had we been more welcomed when we arrrived, that might be different. I feel they really missed an opportunity to get us as regulars. We golf at least twice a week on Vancouver Island and tend to return to those places that welcome us. Our initial experience sort of made us feel 2nd class. When we booked through golfnow, we didn't realize occasionally the course does not receive any monetary compensation. This being the case, I think they could have taken this as an opportunity to make our experience more pleasant in order to ensure that we either return and/or refer them to others, too bad.

great course for what we paid through Golfnow we have had a record number of dry days and this course could use more water on the fairways Fun to pla

fun course to play challenging for the 15 to 20 handicapper

Featured

Course is in fantastic condition

We very much enjoyed playing Duncan Meadows and were very surprised at the fantastic condition of the fairways and greens. The value for your dollars are great using golf now !!!

champion style course

great fairways and greens. a good challenge for average to good golfers only comment to improve: is the cleaning up of long grass in the ditches crossing many fairways (where tee shots land) lost several balls after straight long drives in the middle of fairways only to find 3 foot high grass in ditches crossing fairways

Great course might want a cart

It always surprised to see this course is not busy. 30.00 round 3.5 hours course was empty. Fairway to green was in great shape. A real steel.

Unique layout

Duncan Meadows has a unique layout. Recommend reviewing the hole descriptions on the Internet first, or play with someone who's been there. Great course, though some of the fairways were fuzzy.

Featured

A hidden gem!

Located just west of Duncan (on the road to Lake Cowichan), this well-maintained and scenic course is truly a hidden gem on Vancouver Island. The moderately hilly course is surrounded by farmland and vistas out to tree covered mountains. Delightful ponds and lakes abound. Virtually every hole has some type of water hazard which adds to the difficulty, but the general openness of the fairway layout can sometimes save an errant drive.

great course

great course, liked the conditions, staff is nice.

good layout

nice relaxing round of golf good pace of play and friendly marshall

Fun course, lots of elevation changes and tricky holes.

The greens had been punched recently but were puttable, otherwise the course was in very good early season condition. We had a very enjoyable day.

well laid ou tcoarse

definately a challenge to all golfers. I love the coarse , one of my alltime favorites especially when it is dry.

Very Satisfactory

No surprises....positive or negative. Course knowledge really helps on this course...as with most other courses. Would play again.

Should be great once it dries out a bit!

We had the course to ourselves all afternoon and while it was VERY soggy, we had a terrific day and finished in good time. Really looking forward to going back to try again as the weather warms up and things can be tended a little easier.

Duncan, British Columbia