West Palm Beach Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Silver 72 5672 yards 66.6 118
Silver (W) 72 5642 yards 71.9 128

West Palm Beach Golf Course has hosted a variety of tournaments since opening in 1947, some that have included famous players such as Arnold Palmer. This historic course stands out from all of the area's public courses. Unlike Florida's many flat courses, West Palm Beach has an undulating terrain that provides interesting elevation changes. The course features elevated tees and greens and rarely is there a flat lie. The rolling hills are covered with native vegetation, palm trees, and mature pines and oaks. There is also no water to be found on the golf course, another rare occurrence in this area. In 2009, the course underwent a major renovation that made it environmentally friendly. There is also a full grass driving range and large practice area that overlook West Palm Beach Golf Course.

Location is convenient to the city near the airport worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens elevation changes   Great for drinks

"OMG"

Stan4546921's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/14/2018

I cannot believe you call this a golf course! I have never had a more unpleasant round anywhere! I feel like a refund is in order. Pleas do not allow this course to be on your website!

Course Layout: Poor

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 07/17/2018:

Thank you for your honest review, as we continue to work on the outcome of the course conditions we hope that you will give us another try in the near future.

"Extremely rough conditions"

steelerfan12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

What a shame, fantastic layout, some fairways with little grass, greens recently top dressed.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 07/17/2018:

"horrible course"

Betsy2978473's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/30/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather

I have never played on a course in such terrible condition since I've been playing golf. There was dead wood, branches and piles of leaves everywhere. The carts were not functioning properly and we had to have both carts replaced during play, and one cart (the replacement) had a velcro part that would not hold up its rain cover for our clubs. There was sand and weeds on the fairways. The grass had not been cut so you could distinguish fairway from rough. Ball washers had no water in them. I got the impression this course is about to be sold and will close soon, so it is not being maintained. What a waste of money and time!

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 07/09/2018:

annieb's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/24/2018

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 07/03/2018:

"West Palm Beach Golf Club"

papabearkod's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

At one time this was one of the nicest courses in West Palm Beach. I have been playing here for 40 years. For what reason I dont know, but it has slowly gone down hill. There was debris everywhere, overgrowth, and where they replaced the trees with sand years ago is a snaggle of weeds and the fairways a mess. I am very disappointed with how it looks. Like so many other courses in Palm Beach County that look like they are going to sell out to a contractor that will replace it with condos.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

<br/> We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try so that we can increase your overall star rating.

"Fallen Giant"

Ponmusic's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018

Once a tour stop and the course of my youth, terminated it's golf commission and was left to rot by non golfing city politicians. Tragic!

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.<br/>

"Playing in Iraq"

jnobfan's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I have been playing here occasionally for 20 years. the staff is very nice. The City has decided to destroy the course by neglect and sell it to a developer. Its a disaster. Even with all the rain you have a hard time finding a piece of grass to hit off. Stay away.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 05/21/2018:

"Sold!!"

chuckfed25's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/25/2018

From what I understand the golf course has been sold or leased to a new company. Hopefully they will restore the course back to its old glory days. It is a very nice track. As of now the course is in poor condition.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 05/01/2018:

"Used to be a great course. Redone by Mark McCumber and now its a mess"

benhogan48's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Course is in the process of being redone again. The day we played yhe course was in terrible shape. Hope they can redo it and make it a great course again. The course was a tour stop back in the day and maybe they can get it back to its early success.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many of these things you have presented in the review. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.<br/>

"Worst ever"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

The course is in terrible condition. I’ve played here many times and it’s sad to see they have let the course get so bad. I won’t be returning and should have requested a refund.

Tom5287277's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/24/2018:

Thank you for your honest review, we appreciate you coming out to see us and hope that next time we can increase your overall star rating!

"great greens, terrible fairways."

peklayman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

I've been playing golf for almost 60 years and I've never seen such a difference in the condition of the greens and the rest of the course. It was fine for me. I tee it up on the tees, take lies on the fairway, but there's no solution for bad greens. The greens were plush and smooth.

"Unplayable fairways"

Rafi4321's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

No grass on fairways. Course will be closed for renovation do not play until this is done

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars.Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.<br/>

"getting better"

jsrs1234445's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways are getting better due to the staff's manual watering efforts and a little rain. I didn't see any attempt to repair the defective sprinkler system. all watering is manual. Most fairways are getting better except for no. 12. The are nice. Still the best price around.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. After hurricane Irma many of our sprinklers were damaged and we are currently working on fixing many of these issues. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"mojave desert in florida"

ontbrdr's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

they need to seed and water (maintain) the fairways

greens were an oasis in the Mojave desert over watered and very soft , they looked great but I feel sorry for the following group because you can't see the undulations in the greens.

Pattykakes's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

This course at one time was an absolute pleasure to play.My last visit was very disappointing, the greens were beautiful and that's where it ends.Tee boxes and fairways are sparse and dried up. What a shame, this course was a favorite of mind,what happen guys!

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many of the things you have presented in this review. The greens have come along way and we appreciate you noticing the changes. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Desforges's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

This course was in am awful condition.

No grass anymore in the fairplays.

Onlythe greens were in good shape.

Will not go back there.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

"Disgusting!"

WHcc's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

This place should be closed until they rip it up and resod it. The absolute WORST course i have ever seen. No grass on the tee boxes or the fairways, just loose sand EVERYWHERE!!

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We are currently working on many of the things you have presented in this review. Thank you for coming out and we hope to see you again.

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

After we got there staffer said course is being sold,. What once were fairways is now dirt, hardpan and weeds. Once renovated it should be beautiful. No crowd hence the pace of play. Greens and bunkers in great shape,

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/05/2018:

"Dry, drier, driest.....a veritable desert"

BirdyGolfer23's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

To quote Hawkeye Pierce, this is a great description of a dry martini but not of a golf course. I realize in S FL we haven’t had any decent rain in 60 days but this course also is undergoing an irrigation rehaul. Lots of sand...both intentional traps & non- intentional because of the dry fairways. Lots of ground under repair & not much real grass to speak of. The layout is lovely though & I look forward to its rebirth. Til then, we won’t be back.

Response from West Palm Beach Golf Club on 04/05/2018: