Tobiano Golf Course stretches across more than 1,000 acres of rugged terrain located at the heart of British Columbia's interior. Situated on the site of the historic Six Mile Ranch, a famous cattle ranch known for its Red Angus breed, the golf course offers a golfing experience unlike any other. It's the highest-ranking public golf course in B.C. and it's the sixth best public course in all of Canada. The beautiful landscape and its natural features inspired the Thomas McBroom design. McBroom also utilized the stunning views of the lakes and mountains that stretch from every direction. Notable holes include the no. 1 handicap hole, the intimidating par-5 eighth, and the trio of holes beginning with the fourth, all of which are par 4s. Tobiano is a golf course that is challenging from the intimidating first tee to the undulating green on the final hole.

Year Built 2007
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Thomas McBroom (2007)

Carts Yes - included in green fees (with GPS)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Showers, Lockers

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 19

If you are near Kamloops, play it

I have been fortunate to play a lot of great courses around the world. We have a lot of great ones in BC. Tobiano gets a reputation as being very difficult. Most people play tees to far back. It is a killer from the back tees. It is also difficult the first time you play it so have that expectation. After you learn the golf course, and where to miss shots, it is actually easier than other difficult courses in the area. Greens are always VERY good. All slope across the lake in the same direction of a pit across the lake. Enjoy.

A rare near-sweep of five-star ratings for Tobiano

Tobiano is as good as advertised, a visual rollercoaster ride of a round. It's one of a kind, and that's hard to find after playing more than 1,000 golf courses around the world.
I've always been a fan of the five par 3s/five par 5s layout. It's more fun with more opportunities to score.
The only reason I couldn't give Tobiano five stars for layout are the two par 5s on the front nine. I'm nitpicking here, but the first hole is too tough and too intimidating to be the starter hole.
The eighth hole gets mixed reviews as the most controversial hole on the course. I love the tee shot, an all-carry hero shot over a chasm, but the second is a brutal blind second shot that most first-timers like me will screw up. Most balls either end up OB on the right or like mine in an awkward lie in the rough next to a two-foot-high wooden-plank wall that was designed to keep balls in play. That wall, to me, was a red flag of a design flaw that needs to be rethought. Maybe a catch bunker? Maybe bring in a couple dozen truckloads of dirt to extend the fairway? Anyway, it's a hole too tricked up for my tastes, and I'm pretty open minded on these matters.
Beyond that one questionable blind second shot, this course is a joy to play. It's got lots of elevation changes and views that soar for days. The modern clubhouse serves great food and more scenery. If you want to make a day of it, head down to the marina and rent a boat like we did for a pleasure cruise on the lake you've been staring at for the last five hours. Tobiano is one cool place.

Tobiano Extraordinary Golf course in Canada

My first time playing Tobiano, played a 2nd time the same week. It is an Extraordinary Golf course in Canada, I play different Golf Courses every week, 3 seasons a year. The Views to river and mountains, the desert style terrain, shooting over canyons, just spectacular!
Very challenging and amazing conditions, a must play if in or near Kamloops, BC

Alberta Advisor

Tobiano GC

I've played Tobiano over a dozen times and it still remains at the top of my list of favorite courses to play. The course has only been open two weeks into the 2019 golf season and it's still worth driving the 9 hours from home to play.

The morning brought overcast skies, the wind strong enough to lift the flags straight and there was a light rain falling. Conditions that would keep most golfers at home but I see it more as an opportunity to enjoy the scenery and the added challenge.

Arrive early as use of the range and practice areas are included in your playing fees. Always best to work out any deficiencies in your game on the range as opposed to on the course.

How much fun you have at Tobiano will depend entirely on which set of the five tee boxes available you play off. The Spur/Lake combination (6258 yds) plays right into my handicap and it's probably the main reason I have yet to have a bad round of golf at this course.

Overlooking Kamloops Lake the course presents one of the most scenic challenges you will play. Excellent routing, wide fairways, light rough, large undulating greens and fantastic bunkering all add up to a special round. Myself and the two members I joined on the first hole got around the course in just shy of 4 hours.

WOW

We have played all over the world and really feel thus is one of the best we have played. It “kicks your butt”, but it feels good!!! What a beautiful layout. The course was in impeccable condition. We can’t think of a single hole that we could criticize the fairways, the rough or the greens.
The staff were all very friendly and competent.
The food and service was great and very accommodating!
The value for $ is incredible.
We will definitely be back.

6 Mile High

What could be better? Playing a late afternoon game at Tobiano with the lush calm conditions, and no groupings ahead or behind. The greens were exceptional! Our group of three had stellar day.

Bring your A game!!!!!!!

Great course in excellent condition but you have to know where to hit your shot on the fairway to have a a chance of hitting the green,Anything off line will leave you with a difficult next shot.Would have to play the course several times to really understand where to put the ball

If you like scenery, great but if you like golf, bad....

First, let me tell you readers that I golf frequently (over 150 rounds a year) so I think I am quite qualified to make a call on a golf course.

We were on our way back to Oregon from the Canadian Rockies. We drove 5 hours to get from Jasper to Kamloops...about the same amount of time it took to complete our round...4 hours 55 minutes to be exact. During the round, it was not unusual to have 3 foursomes on a tee box especially on the back 9 and we did not see a single marshal throughout our round to move groups along. We were waiting after every shot. The group in front of us quit after 14 holes because the play was so slow. The single in our group also quit after 14 holes. The single in our group was a member of Tobiano and said that 5 hour rounds were quite common.

We never got lost driving 2,000 miles throughout this road trip but got lost on Tobiano's back 9...poor signage and no map layout on the scorecard. Almost impossible to navigate...

The greens were true but were a graveyard of buried elephants.

If you are able to tolerate a 5 hour round and going through a maze on the back nine, the views are spectacular and the course is well manicured. It's easy to write a nice review because of scenery but I was there to play golf.

For me: What a way to spoil a beautiful and challenging layout...very disappointing.

Beauty course

Brilliant track! Stunning views! Great greens! And the whole experience from practice facialities to the 19th hole! As a famous actor said! “I’ll be back!”

Great early season shape.

Great early season shape. Too bad about full rate yet the course was wide open .

Great fairways, fast greens

Course was in great shape, incredible views. The weather ran the gambit from sun to North Atlantic squalls. All in all an excellent day.

Alberta Advisor

The Best

This is a not to be missed course in the Kamloops area. It is not for the feint of heart but just relax and enjoy the day. You will be rewarded but you will have to work for your score. Love it.

A great high plains desert course

Excellent practice range and short game putting areas. The course layout follows the terrain and it looks like there wasn't much earth moving in the design. Nice views to the lake from all the holes and excellent course conditions. Some challenging forces carries but for the most part a fair layout. The only hole I thought was over the top was number 8 with the forced carry over the barranca and then everything funnels to the right. The service in the pro shop was top shelf and the starter was most helpful. Definitively a course to replay and recommend.

Glad we played two rounds

The first round was a little frustrating with blind shots, sloping fairways and a GPS cart that did more than give layout and constant yardage; it kept you in line but provided a cooler and ball and club cleaner as well. The cart is included and we saw no one walking.
The second day with some familiarity was great. The lake views throughout the round are beautiful and the condition of the on the fairways is better than most courses keep their greens. The greens were very challenging but the surfaces were impeccable.There are 4 shots across canyons for a challenge.

Great Condition

Excellent course. In great Condition! Very challenging layout.

Anonymous

Great course, a true test for any golfer! Need to pick the right tee for your skill level. Staff was excellent, course was in great shape! A treat to play.

Wow!

Amazing course! Very challenging. Will definitely play it again over and over again.
Staff was very friendly and hardly any wait time.
Hopefully next time the smoke is cleared to enjoy the beautiful views a little more.

Smokey, gps, good food, more practice time

A course that I had wanted to play for a long time; but time and cost for greens fees was more than I wanted to spend.
With Golf Now I was able to have an afternoon t- time on my day off and the price was great. Great to have some time before starting, to go to the range, unlimited balls. Courtesy bottle of water in the ice box on the cart. An N95 dust mask would have been a nice touch, Ha Ha. It was smokey due to wild fires this year.
For the first 9 the gps was not working for us, so got stuck with no cart power once, no signage on the course and the score card was without a map. So got instructions/clarifications for the 2nd 9. First nine was was a challenge without the gps. The second 9 holes were easier to follow than the first but I would like to try Tobiano again after being better prepared for the challenge. It is not for the novice golfer if playing off the longer tee boxes. Bring some extra balls, although I found more than I lost. After 9 holes the lunch special was very welcoming and tasty with very quick service. I'm sure the views would have been great, if not for the smoke.

Amazing.

Great round on a beautiful day at Tobiano. Amazing views and conditions were perfect. Couldn't ask for more!

1.5