West Orange Country Club

Type Private
Orange 71 5272 yards 65.7 115
Scorecard for West Orange Country Club
Blue M: 71.7/129 512 421 497 197 395 362 163 383 418 3348 550 191 389 493 169 374 334 157 468 3125 6473
White M: 69.1/125 W: 75.1/132 490 342 484 167 385 335 151 360 393 3107 496 177 375 483 158 364 310 140 420 2923 6030
Red M: 66.1/119 W: 71.4/123 470 326 431 144 325 303 131 302 357 2789 451 147 326 432 145 274 267 129 390 2561 5350
Orange M: 65.9/118 465 326 423 149 321 301 133 297 353 2768 447 143 322 431 141 274 263 130 353 2504 5272

Year Built 1967
Greens Tift Dwarf Grass
Architect Lloyd Clifton (1967)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

19th Hole Specials 10

Less than 3 hours. Every Time

Love this course. Greens in great condition. Always a quick round.

Golf Channel

Fun playable course

Played WOCC for the first time last Saturday My kids take golf lessons with Brendon Chase every Friday, but I've never had the chance to play. Thankfully my buddy joined and invited us for the first time last weekend.

Course and greens were in good shape. We had a great time and would definitely love to play it again.

Fun local golf

This is a fun local Course. Decent shape, but not my favorite course in the area.

Great course, great staff

Played this course a week ago and didn't have a great experience. The manager called me after and assured me that what I experienced was not norm. He invited me to play again and I did. Our round took 2 1/2 hrs and we did not rush. Course was in very nice shape. Tough, true greens and beautiful fairways. I cannot say enough good things about the course and it's people, including management. Thanks George for a great golfing experience.

Gordy S.

Great Challenge

Been a member for a number of years and its never been in better shape. Fairways are nice and think, greens are perfect, and the staff is second to none. Look forward to seeing you out there.

A hidden gem in Winter Garden

A great private country club with a long history in the West Orange County area. Course is an anomoly for central Florida with tree lined fairways and easy to walk. Always in excellent shape. Fast and true greens. Multiple member games each day for all skill levels. Fellowship can't be beat. Many athletic and social amenities, including tennis, swimming, dining and bar. Chef Michelle and the entire staff are magnificent. A true departure from slow, daily fee golf. No tee times and rounds are typically 3 to 3.5 hours. Truly a hidden gem in Winter Garden.

This is a course to be a member at

Great games here daily. Course always in excellent condition. Trash Games, Skins, Points, two ball, there's always some type of game to get into with the members. Members are friendly and welcome all, just a great place.

What a hidden treasure

I have lived in West Orange County for 13 years and could not believe the quality and improvements that this course have undergone in the past 12 Months. I loved it so much I joined the club in February of this year.

The Course is always in fantastic condition the greens are beautiful, putting on these greens gets you spoiled, they are fast with plenty of break. Fairways, tee boxes, practice area, all TOP NOTCH. But Pace of Play is one of the reasons I love it so much, the members have multiple games going most days, and I have played in foursomes that have finished in about 3 hours.

After your round the grill has great food and friendly staff that have been with the club for years. I think it says something when a staff has been in their same job for years about how they are treated by their employers. However, the best thing about the club is how family friendly the place is. My wife, children, and I are making some wonderful memories and we all are so happy we have such a great place to enjoy.

A place to join!

West Orange is a neat and friendly private club without the air of a the typical "private " club. Very family friendly and always in great shape, this is a club where you don't need a tee time! Good food and generous drinks add to the value.

Hidden Gem

If you live or work in west Orange County then you should be a member here. The club is family friendly and the facilities are top notch when you consider its non-pretentious atmosphere. The golf course is in excellent shape and well maintained, the pool area has been refreshed and the staff is friendly and courteous.

THIS IS A LOW HANDICAP GOLFERS COURSE

COURSE HAS NARROW FAIRWAYS AND SMALLER THEN AVERAGE GREENS. NOT A LOT OF HAZZARDS OTHER THEN TREES LINING THE FAIRWAYS. PLUSH FAIRWAYS BUT DEEP/THICK ROUGH. FAST SMOOTH GREENS. EXCELLENT GOLFING EXPERIENCE.

West Orange

Would recommend this course. Fun, friendly, and in great shape. Loved it.

Can't Go Wrong With West Orange

First time player @ WOCC & it won't be the last! If you're looking for a new course to play (like I always am) or someone visiting to get an idea on courses to play you won't be disappointed with this one. Not your fancy, high level resort type of course with a lot of WOW factors. It's just a solid, well kept course which offers an enjoyable round in a nice setting. I got a 11:00 time and had most of the course for myself as a single. Breezed through and had ample time to work on my game. Great price, friendly staff led to a stress free day. The only catch to possibly watch for is the lack of cement cart paths throughout the course. There are a few holes where you'll need to pay attention to layout as there are no cart paths on certain holes. No biggie as it's pretty simple to figure out. Highly recommended

Decent layout

This course is laid out nicely. Course is much better than some area courses for minimum fees. Greens are in good shape with average speeds. Fairways on this day where soggy in a few places; I think there was morning rain left over. Was upset over there water kegs. None of them where more than luke warm water; almost to the point of just spitting it out. Not good for 90 degree temps. The course is compact and narrow; keep your ball in play or loose in water hazards. Sand bunkers could use new sand; Tight and compacted hard to hit from. Sunday afternoon round single went well 2 & half hour round. Only 1 backup they allowed me to play through.

HIdden Gem

this is a hidden gem in Orlando....a members club that shows up in Golf now from time to time...if you can get out here, you will really enjoy it. laid back, great conditions- fun greens. Big competition if you are looking for a game.

GRASS!

I know golf and grass are synonymous but I have found many places to not be so lush. The grass was beautiful everywhere and though I couldn't read the greens it was not their fault LOL. We actually played two rounds. I would get a membership but was informed new owners/management was taking over and that is not alway a good thing. Until I find a reason to not go back it is in my top three favorites from Texas to Florida.

This course can be a challenge for novice

Upon arrival I was greeted by an extremely friendly and attentive waitress. She guided me to the pro shop even took care of practice bucket of balls and was incredibly helpful. I will definitely use this facility again.

Very nice course

WOCC has a old style layout to it. A well conditioned course with great rough and well- raked bunkers. Surprised at how nice the course was for only paying 14$.

Good "old school" course

As a former North Carolinian, this course reminds me a lot of the old courses in Raleigh and the Sandhills area around Pinehurst. Not much in terms of elevation changes (this is Florida), but the fairways were in good shape and the greens for the most part putted true. The defense of this course are some doglegs, traps, pine-tree lined fairways that are not as open as many of the resort courses, and undulating greens that make you think about your short pitch shots and putts. As a "member for a day" I got range balls, teed off as a single at 3:30, and finished a little after 5:30 - I saw other players on the course, but never caught anybody or waited on any shot. Some may complain about the lack of signage and the fact that the majority of the cart "paths" are not paved, but my rating is on the actual golf course itself and on whether I would play again and/or bring somebody with me the next time. I will do both at West Orange.

fine country club for the public

good conditions,fairways were arriated but you could find areas to get good lie,i played this course when it was an out of the way place to play,now urban sprawl has encroached but at least it hasn't spoiled the course make-up.for the price i recommend it greatly.only down side was not pairing up twosomes to move things along.once member shotgun cleared out pace was excellent

Winter Garden, Florida