Staff Friendliness

Overlooking the Georgia Strait, Fairwinds Golf Club occupies a scenic stretch of land on the East Coast covered with towering Douglas Firs and Garry Oak trees. An abundance of wildlife also inhabits the course. It is not rare to see deer during a round or an eagle flying overhead. The oceanfront golf course features water on 11 holes and there are more than 70 sand bunkers strategically guarding the greens and fairways. Les Furber designed the course, incorporating subtle nuances in the greens that make them much more challenging than they appear. Fairwinds is often thought of as a "thinking course" as it requires careful strategy in order maneuver the contoured greens and tree-lined fairways. Seasoned golfers may be able to uncover some hidden birdie opportunities. Known not only for the challenging round, Fairwinds Golf Club boasts pristine conditions, which has made it a popular golfing destination.
Fairwinds Golf Club
Blue (W) 66 6204 yards 76.3 143
Yellow 66 4043 yards 61.0 98
Yellow (W) 66 4043 yards 64.0 109
Scorecard for Fairwinds Golf Club
Blue M: 69.9/130 W: 76.3/143 310 206 455 418 337 151 407 336 296 2916 155 359 397 546 235 303 330 392 518 3235 6151
White M: 67.6/125 W: 73.3/134 287 176 441 391 315 118 371 323 285 2707 135 325 366 511 198 293 312 357 495 2992 5699
Red M: 65.3/114 W: 70.2/127 240 143 414 362 291 111 334 299 237 2431 103 299 355 459 171 257 298 328 472 2742 5173

Year Built 0
Architect Les Furber Design

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Course Layout Excellent
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Good

What a Rip-Off!

This golf course is a huge rip off. They charge green fees that don't include a cart but you'd think they do based on the prices! On top of that, they seem to still be on the GolfNow network but NEVER offer a Hot Deal and NEVER have any decent tee times - specifically at affordable rates. Even at 3pm, their twilight rate is basically 60 bucks without cart. I used to enjoy playing severla rounds a season at Fairwinds but haven't been back for two summers now, as they decided to discontinue offering any deals and instead dfocusing on ripping off Islanders. They act like they're something special when in fact, they're just one of many local golf courses, all of whom offer much better value. get your heads out of your collective you know what, Fairwinds management! Start offering fair green fees and cart rental rates. Otherwise, you'll never grow your golf business.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average

Wonderful conditions

The conditions of this course and the scenery around you during play is phenomenal, however I played on a Saturday morning at 8 a.m. and there were no confections available beyond coffee and chips until 11am, no cart person - nothing. So be sure to have breakfast before morning play.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Layout Good

Great round spoiled by grounds crew

Yes, I booked on golfnow at a discounted rate. Yes, I was the first tee time. Yes, I am an average player who would rather play than practice. Yes, the course was in relatively good shape. But, that is no excuse for the grounds crew to act in such a manner. I was having a great round by my standards. I had 3 birdies coming to the 12th tee box and that's when it all came unravelled. The grounds crew had been working the greens and fairways on the back 9. My approach shot on number 12 was to a flag-less green where they had left the flag on the ground and moved on to the next hole. As I moved past that hole I let the grounds crew know politely that it would have been nice to take a shot towards a pin. He laughed and responded with a smug "well did you make the putt". From there it only got worse. I understand that these people have to prepare for the day of play. But on the 13th tee box the guy mowing the fairways looked right at me and just kept mowing away. So, I had no choice but to hit away. Not going to lie the arrogance and stupidly of the guy kind of got in my head. I hit a decent drive and by the time I reached my 2nd shot he had moved into my next hitting area. He ended up moving over and turning the mower throttle down this time. But now I was frazzled. I ended hooking my next shot into the trees. Walked up shaking my head, dropped my ball and shanked the next shot into a creek. Decided I had had enough and moved to the next hole. Luckily a free and clear par 3. But onto 15 and again the same no mind treatment from the next guy. Again on 16. By this time I was ready to walk right off the course. I am generally not one to complain. But was infuriated and decided to make a mention in the proshop. Two young kids behind the desk apologizing. So, I asked if there was anything they could do for me. No no sorry nothing we can do sir. Asked to talk with the manager as I felt this needed to be handled in a professional manner. Kid walks back and says our manager is in a meeting and offered me a couple range tokens. WOW, I was in appalled. I own a business and understand the importance of addressing customer concerns and the value in great customer service. If anything, I hope this review helps the next guy make a more informed decision to play here or not for that matter.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Fair

Wonderful February golfing

What a great way to spend a day in mid February This is our 5th trip to Fairwinds, and the course was in great shape. Greens were a bit slower than we were used to, but in great shape. Drainage was good, and overall not too wet for this time of year. Alot of Hills here, and I recommend a power cart. Good luck and happy golfing! Cheers
Course Layout Excellent

Great Winter Golf

Course was in great shape for playing in January. Only downside was the greens. Fairwinds usually amazing greens, but we got there after they had just sanded and the ball was not rolling and breaks were unreadable. However, the course was fairly dry and we played 22 holes in 4 hrs. (yeah we sneaked a few extra cause it was so quiet on the course)
Off-course amenities Good

Such a beautiful course

Having just gotten back into playing golf i had forgotten how beautiful this course is .The surroundings with the deer , ducks, trumpeter swans and fountains make for a very nice round.Considering it is almost November the course was in immaculate shape.
Value for the Money Excellent

Got some tricky holes....

Nice course, great shape, great staff. The only negative is not being able to use driver off a couple too many holes at the start. But then you just have to play a little smarter.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Value for the Money Excellent

Nice course & good value on golf now.

Was a really nice course, but they had way too many on course at the same time, pace of play was terrible.
Pace of Play Poor