Swan-e-set Bay Resort Country Club - Links

Type: Resort
Style: Links

Caddies: No

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire. No denim, logo t-shirts or athletic pants/shorts.

Yellow (W) 72 5289 yards 69.4 117

Swan-e-set Bay Resort & Country Club boasts two 18-hole championship courses, the Resort and the Links, that were both carved from the surrounding coastal mountains of Vancouver's Lower Mainland. Water is a prominent feature throughout the landscape, coming into play a total of 25 times throughout the 36 holes. The Links Course has an honest design with no hidden hazards. The wide fairways and large greens are forgiving, making the course gentle enough for beginners. There are still plenty of challenges provided by the abundance of water and several strategically placed bunkers though. The golf course is pleasant to walk being mostly flat with only a few mild undulations. The unique location of Swan-e-set Bay Resort & Country Club provides the best views of the local mountains.

"A decent round with perfect weather."

bellsy13's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

The clubhouse is pretty astounding from the outside. Decent on the inside and there was a movie being shot the day of our round but did not interfere with our entry/exit at all.

The practice green was just ok as it was slow - much slower than the course greens. However, there was a brown, i believe heron, standing beside us while we putt for 15 mins which was a neat start to the round. I don't believe we saw any other wildlife except small birds.

Fairways were decent for May. I don't believe there to be much mud or moisture and I think 95% of my shots were off pure grass. And the rough was normal. Sand was average as well. No major rocks or firm bunkers.

Greens were nice and quick. A few spots where the winter was not kind to them but overall I'd rate them 8/10. There were a couple of monster greens and they were well maintained.

Course layout was just ok for me. A few really tough holes from the tips. The yardage did not play true for myself. Club up on most yardages - just my opinion.

Overall it was a perfect day for golf at a good course. I would've enjoyed it more if I walked and it was a bit pricey for myself for cart and the round mid day and week. I would recommend to a friend, but I'd take my chances and book the other 18 instead of the links. I've heard it's a better round for the average golfer.