Winter Pines Golf Club

Year Built 1968
Architect Lloyd Clifton (1968)

Bar, Snacks

19th Hole Specials 6

very nice local course

Course is in nice shape. played with a member who was a nice young man. looking forward to playing here in the near future

Commented on 06/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u488527850! Your review is important to us and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Winter Pines Golf Club thanks you!

Very good find

I’m always looking for new courses to play. This course was old, with mature trees. Layout was fun, not very long. A couple of the greens had rough spots, but overall, very good. Wasn’t a big fan of 4 consecutive 3,s on the back, but it is what it is. Would play again for sure.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u832627220. Your feedback is important to us and we look forward to delivering you a great golf experience again soon. Winter Pines Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/28/2020

Hi Dejai9, thank you so much for the 4-star review. We're glad you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Golf with Mike and Phil

Short course with challanging holes, especially par 3;s.
Always crowded bur has fast play.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hi dstark0, thank you so much for the great review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Unorganized

My biggest issue with the course was the organization. Honestly not even real tee times, you can’t play there unless you’re a 4 some. I have tried playing morning early afternoon and evenings. And even with my buddies we would get backed up with the pace of this course. Won’t be playing here anymore.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi zim13, thank you for reviewing the course, however, we do apologize for the delay of play during your last round as this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Our team has been working hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course during this time and allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. Our staff has not been notified of any recent issues with our pace of play, but we will continue to look for ways to improve by using your comments for guidance. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved experience soon.

Love Winter Pines

This course is my favorite to play. I always get great rates and the course is nice. They take pretty good care of it and I usually don’t have issues with pace of play, they keep it moving pretty good. Staff are always friendly and helpful. A great experience

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi charlespaschold, thank you so much for the great review and dedication to playing our course. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi gogatorronnie, thank you so much for the 5-star review. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Like the Course but the Greens Are Degenerating

I've played this course for a lot of years, so long ago that I was using blade irons and persimmon woods when I started. This is a friendly course, I feel at home here, it's a relaxed atmosphere though the current COVID 19 restrictions make any a round at any course seem less than friendly. There are no ball washers and the water fountains near the 5th and 14th tees are turned off until restrictions are lifted. But, it's always a pleasant experience, The only negative I will note is the continued degeneration of the greens where dead grass is being sanded over. Additionally, it would appear that the greens are not being watered overnight as each and every one was as dry as the proverbial bone. Come on, WP, water the greens and get the grass growing again. My foursome almost considered scoring these greens like you would a temp green: 2 putts max but we declined that idea, But, again, I cannot enough stress the fact that the greens need some TLC, the sooner, the better.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating and sharing your feedback with us, Diogenes9561. We truly appreciate your support, as well as your patience & understanding as our team works diligently to maintain the course and safety during this time. Your feedback has been escalated to our staff for improvements, and we hope to welcome you back to Winter Pines Golf Club for an even better golf experience soon.

Good value

Course was good except greens were still in aerification mode. They need about a week.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hi uooooo2874745, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. We appreciate your understanding regarding our recent maintenance and hope we can welcome you back for an improved golf experience soon.

WINTER PINES GOLF COURSE

My hubby and I had our last golf game of our winter time in Florida today. The course wasn’t too busy which was very nice even though my golf wasn’t great. I would like to thank Cheryl and the staff for providing a great time. I am so happy the course was still open during the COVID-19 lockdown. I never felt like my health was endangered everytime we golfed. The guidelines to keep everybody safe was strictly followed in my opinion. It was like my husband and I were the only golfers as we didn’t encounter any other golfer close up. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the fall or in the winter again.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating & kind feedback, nkmhorton! We're glad you enjoyed your last round with us, as our team is committed to the safety of our community during this time. Join us again soon and thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, Elcapitan305! We're glad you enjoyed your last round. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club.

Might as well be putting at Cocoa Beach

I have played this course over a dozen times in the last few years. For this reason my expectations were already low upon booking the round. However what should be noted in the course description is that the greens look more like a sand bunker then the actual bunkers do. It is impossible to putt on greens fully immersed with sand. If I could give the course conditions 0 stars I would.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi Ia290017, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. However, we're very sorry to hear your recent experiences with us have not expectations as this is by no means the standard we aim to achieve. We're going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make any changes. We encourage you to reach out to our pro shop staff if you would like to address any concerns further, and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Not bad

Course was in good shape. Pace of play was a bit slow for a 9:45 tee time. Beer was cheap! Greens were in the middle of aeration.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi uooooo2874745, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for improvements, but we're glad to see you enjoyed the day with us. Thank you for playing Winter Pines Golf Club and come back soon!

Commented on 04/24/2020

Hi mikem323, we appreciate you leaving us a review. However, we see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop at your convenience as we always appreciate the feedback for improvements. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much better experience soon.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Winter Pines Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Fun Simple Course

I play here often, the pace of play is either perfect or a mini trainwreck, but it is good more than it is bad. All the people i have been paired with have always been cool. The only real downside to Winter Pines is the greens, they just can't get them right. Every single one is a different level of repair, and seems like a different grass. Fix that and i'd say its 4.5 stars.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club! We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and hope to welcome you back soon.

Commented on 04/17/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Winter Pines Golf Club! We appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon.

AWESOME

While the terror of the Coronavirus pandemic rages the crew at Winter Pines offers a very safe refuge! The carts are sanitized and hand sanitizers are available. There is no gatherings permitted. They have removed the rakes for our safety and foam inserts for each hole so the balls don’t drop too far so players don’t have to remove the flags on each hole. Thank you all.

Commented on 04/03/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and great feedback, nkmhorton. We appreciate your patience & understanding during this time with our adjusted operations as our team is committed to the safety of our community, and we're glad to hear you can still enjoy your experience with us. Please join us again soon, and thanks for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club!

Winter Park, Florida