Winter Pines Golf Club

Architect(s): Lloyd Clifton
Type: Public
Greens: Bermuda Grass
Fairways: Bermuda Grass

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Blue (W) 72 5401 yards 71.7 119

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs near the airport   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include water hazards bunkers narrow fairways   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

nonni52's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

"Course so so"

J1760395's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

Fairway in good shape. The tees were half grass and half dirt. The greens were the worst. Once I got on the green I pick up and added 2 putts. Wasn’t even worth the effort of putting. Too many par threes and just 2 par 5’s.

Course Layout: Poor

"Greenish/brown concrete!"

hovanetz's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018

Front 9 greens were only "green" in name only! Very bad conditions. Thank goodness the back 9 were better!

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/16/2018:

On behalf of us at Winter Pines, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and apologize that our greens may not have met your expectations during your recent round. Please know that our staff is working diligently and putting forth the resources to get our front 9 healthy again, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We hope to have you back for another round soon!

mxracer317's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to leave us with a review! We hope you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Winter Pines and we look forward to having you back for another round soon.

"Good value if you get a Hot Deal"

Rke6327953's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

The greens on the front 9 have been aerated and sanded, and several areas on many of those greens have had sod added. At present, they are pretty barren but have been rolled and putt ok but not great. The back 9 are all in good condition. The course has posted a notice about the front 9 greens on their website and in the pro shop, and they have dropped their rates to summer rates because of this. Overall the course plays well but once again, the pace of play was quite slow. We had to wait on many tee boxes all the way around 18 holes. If they could get the pace of play stepped up, this would be a fun course to play. Overall a good value for the money but quite slow.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the 4-stars. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding the conditions of our front 9 as our staff works diligently to get them back to where they should be. We do value your feedback regarding the pace of play and will be sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope you enjoyed the day with us, and look forward to seeing you again at Winter Pines soon!

"Good value"

wayneugorek's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Although the course was not in the best of condition, especially the front greens, we enjoyed playing and have booked another GolfNow tee time there. It's a good value, the staff is very friendly and welcoming, and the hot dogs on the turn were good!

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

Hi Wayne, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your feedback regarding the front greens as our staff is working diligently to get them healthy and back to where they should be. We're happy to hear you still enjoyed the day with us and appreciate your understanding. Come back to Winter Pines soon!

"Courtesy of staff"

Paulfoelber's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/02/2018
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Staff is extremely courteous - did not have to wait at any hole - good experience.

we were a 3 some and my husband and I are 91 and 90 and we love to play and like to keep moving so this was an ideal day for us. We now play better ball so we can score in the 80s instead of the 100s!

we can also move faster this way.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

On behalf of our staff at Winter Pines, thank you for the kind words and 4-stars! We're happy to hear you and your husband spent a great day with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Wait to play until course comes back"

scg650's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

This has always been a very well kept course and my Go-To for being close, reasonably priced, and in great shape. Sadly the winter and fungus has put a damper on playing here as many greens are in very bad shape and being worked on. Most fairways are very thin making second shots and chip shots off of hard pack. I'm sure the team is working hard to bring this course back but I won't go back until perhaps this fall after they have the summer and time to heal this course back to it's typically great condition. I do recommend playing this course but not right now until conditions improve. They should also have the homeless encampment removed from the woods by the 8th hole green.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We truly value your dedication to playing our course and apologize that our greens did not meet your expectations recently. Please know our staff is working diligently to get the greens back to where they should be, and we appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to have you back soon.

"Winter Pines review"

Gary1725312's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2018

Started off bad. Got to the course at the scheduled time - and saw a whole bunch of golfers waiting to tee off. Teed off late - and did not finish our round. There was a Scramble tournament in front of us. Some of them were playing range balls - and leaving them on the course. We had a hard time finding our own balls. And really really slow. No Marshall there to get them to speed up. Greens were painted green. And bumpy. I know it is January - but the course needs a lot of water to green up. And the layout surprised me - never played a 36/31 par 67 before. Should even out the 9’s somehow. Sorry - nothing positive to say - other than we played with 2 nice guys from Britain.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Hi Gary, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We're sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations and hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better round in the future. Our staff is working diligently to get our greens healthy again, and we appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

"Good Day"

GeorgeKarl's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2018

My wife and I had a great day of golf. The pace of play was quite slow but there is little that can be done about that. They did let us go off earlier than our tee time so we finished earlier than what we expected.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/29/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars, George! We're happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your recent round with us at Winter Pines, and we value your feedback regarding the pace of play so we may work on any necessary improvements. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us, and we hope to see you both again soon!

"Show some consideration please"

tv501446's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/23/2018

I played alone, play to a fairly low handicap and play quickly. I was behind a couple for 3 holes and waited on every shot. Thought to myself surely they will ask if I would like to play thru on the next hole as there was no one in front of them for at least two holes. They did not, finally on the next tee I said to the gentleman as his wife was teeing off, I'll just skip this hole and go to the next one, but thanks for asking. Why anyone, would be so inconsiderate is not only confusing in one aspect, why would you want somebody waiting on you to where you feel you have to hurry is beyond me,. Folks please, when you have a single playing behind you and there are holes open in front, please show some consideration and ask if they would like to play thru, it's just good golf etiquette, aside from being polite. Other than that that, the staff was friendly course and greens are not in the best shape but considering the play it gets, pretty much to be expected.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/29/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, and are sorry to hear your round was affected by a slow pace of play. We value all of your feedback and will be sure to forward your comments to our staff so we may work on any possible improvements. We're happy you had a friendly experience with our staff and we hope this was able to improve your overall experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Casey5004388's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/23/2018

Great value. Great coarse to practice your game on.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/29/2018:

Thanks for the 4-stars, Casey! We're happy to hear you received a great value for your round and that we can help improve your game. Thank you for choosing to golf with us at Winter Pines Golf Club, and we hope to welcome you back for another round soon!

"DISAPPOINTED THIS TIME"

nkmhorton's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2018

Love golfing at Winter Pines. My husband and I prefer to golf alone so we pick times that aren’t busy. Unfortunately this time we were told it was very busy so had to be put with another couple. The quartet in front of us were slow but there was no one directly behind us . We both asked not to be put with another couple but the young guy on the desk wouldn’t do it. Very disappointed.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/29/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, and are sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. We apologize that we were unable to send you and your husband out alone due to a busy day on the course, but will be sure to pass your comments onto our staff for any improvements in the future. We truly value your dedication to playing our course and hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us. We look forward to making your next round with us even better!

"OK Course for the money"

Moose799's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

Nice course for the money. Reasonable condition. Greens were in good shape.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We're glad to hear you received a good value for your round, and we value your feedback regarding the course conditions. Any additional feedback is appreciated as well so we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us at Winter Pines Golf Club! Come back again soon.

Chrissy9314814's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Hi Chrissy, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We're glad you received a great value for your round, and welcome any additional feedback as we are always looking to improve. Thank you for choosing to golf with us at Winter Pines Golf Club! Please come back soon.

FatherChris's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback and for the 4-stars. We hope you had a great round with us recently, and look forward to having you back again soon. Thank you for choosing Winter Pines Golf Club!

"Winter Pines Nice"

billjanie's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Nice course in good conditions. Layout and length perfect for average golfer. Only complaint is actual and indicated tee off lengths did not agree.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Hi Bill, thank you for the 4-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course conditions, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the tee-off lengths so we may work towards any improvements. Come back to Winter Pines soon!

maperriello's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/10/2018

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you playing Winter Pines Golf Club and we hope to see you out here again soon.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/03/2018

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you'll consider giving us another chance in the near future. We're making improvements on a daily basis.

"Horrible Greens"

u2193318's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

The greens on the Front 9 and the practice green are absolutely horrible. They are basically painted dirt.

With all the money this course brings in, the ownership and management should be embarrassed to allow this to continue.

The back 9 greens are a little better.

Winter Pines needs a course superintendent and staff who know what they are doing.

Response from Winter Pines Golf Club on 01/25/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. On behalf of our staff at Winter Pines, we value your concerns as we are committed to providing you with a great golf experience. We will pass along your feedback regarding the course conditions to our staff and hope you will notice improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we hope to see you again soon.