Southport Springs Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect David Rosow, Sr.

Overall great value and course

Fun with challenging open and narrow course.. Fairway n greens are in really good condition. Great value for the price. A hidden gem...

Fun course

First time there,very nice shorter course,par 68,some very nice shot making holes,my wife and I loved it.

perfect or darn near

From the moment we got there from Vermont ; it was a super great experience. The staff in the pro shop could not have been nicer. We golf a lot of places and have never felt this welcomed!!! The greens were very full and true. Although the course was not long ; it was great anyway. We ate lunch there and the price and the food were just fine. WILL WE GO BACK? - DARN RIGHT WE WILL BEFORE RETURNING TO VT.

5 star course

This is one hidden gem! I would compare this course with any golf courses in the area. A lot of money was spent to add raised tee’s, the new greens putt sure and true. The course maintenance staff know what they are doing and it shows. The best pro shop staff around, they want to make sure you enjoy your time at this beautiful course. Be sure and do what we did and enjoy a wonderful lunch, or dinner at the parkway restaurant. The black and blue burger was awesome. The course lays out great for seniors, and scores well.

GREAT!!! Challenge

This may be a par 69 ,but I can tell you if you stray you will pay for it. This is a thinking course .Big bombers get into trouble . Fun track they have spent a lot of money re doing the greens and tees.

Hidden Gem

Was told about this course from a friend of a relative. It was noted that they had recently spent good money to renovate and upgrade their course and facilities. Well it was money well spent. This course is fun to play and was in great shape for this time of year in Florida. There were a couple of greens that were a little rough and some incidental water from heavy rains, but that can be expected this time of year. Staff was very friendly. Will definitely come back and play again.

Great local course

I can’t say enough about Southport Springs. The recent course improvements and courteous staff has made this one of my favorite courses in the area. The price is just right and the course hasn’t been crowded once in the three mornings I have played there.

Very nice course

Course was well maintained, with the exception of 6th hole due to construction (busted water main) we were unable to play that hole. Fairways are tight, not many hazards. Overall conditions are great. A lot of fun and we really enjoyed ourselves.

New Greens & Tee Boxes

During the summer months this course has replaced all their greens and elevated and replaced their tee boxes. Since the course has been closed during the renovations, the fairways are also in excellent condition.
This is a par 69 golf course. Ideal for seniors and with the narrow fairways can be challenging for low handicappers who hit a long ball. The greens are in excellent shape and are putting well. The rough is a little high which is also a bit of a challenge.
Overall, this course is a pleasure to play compared to a year ago.

Commented on 11/14/2018

I have played there several times in the last couple months. The course itself has improved quite a bit. The greens are nice. However, I will not be returning because I feel the staff and members treat visitors like second class outsiders. I could give many, many examples, but the bottom line is that I do not feel welcomed there.

Sad example of a golf course.

Played here for the first time last weekend with three friends. We were immediately directed to start on the back nine to accommodate a men's league who was going to start on the front. We did not see anybody else in the parking lot or on the course. Whatever. The tee boxes are dirt...yes, dirt. Some have "sprigs" of field grass, but that's about it. The greens are worse than the tee boxes. I literally had multiple patches of crab grass in my putting line. For that matter, most of the greens were reduced to patches of what I can only describe as "weed clumps." Did I mention that we were told to keep to the 90* rule? Ahem...the course was bone dry...and the fairways were a mix of many different grass types. We paid $20 to play here--that's $20 and 3+ hours of my life I'll never get back. Hint: INVEST in some maintenance and close the course till its suitable for play. Do NOT play here, folks. Please note that I'm being very, VERY nice here and sugar-coating much about the course condition....so that should give you an idea about the quality (lack thereof, that is) of this course. A scratch golfer could not break 80 here...it's that bad. Forget putting...it's an effort in futility to attempt a roll on these greens...weeds. UGH!

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.