Greenacres Golf Course

Caddies: No

Driving range: No

Singles allowed: Yes
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Location is convenient to the city near the airport   Great for locals walkers beginners   Challenges include narrow fairways   Great for drinks

belindalum's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/22/2018:

We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

"Great golfnow hot deal round"

u000001905646's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018

The golfnow hot deal was a good price, and course conditions were good. The course was busy, though and had to wait on several holes, so pace of place today was a bit on slow side.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/22/2018:

"Not quite in shape"

Bill7812597's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

The course wasn't in the best of shape but there has been a lot of rain lately so wet muddy spots on fairways and long rough is expected. The grass on the greens seemed like it needed to be cut but I expect they do that on Thursday so it is prime for the weekend.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 04/26/2018:

Thank you Bill and we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Has Some Challenges - But Good for New Players"

Dino2015's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018
First time playing Walked Windy weather

This is the first time that I have played this course in over 25 years and the first time that I played it since the "prestigious" private Shaughnessy Golf & Country Club bought the course.

One common theme that will be running throughout my review is the issue of drainage and wet, damp and soft playing conditions.

Here is my review:

TEE BOXES. 2.5 out of 5

The tee boxes were average. Good size to the boxes, multiple teeing options for players of different skill levels.

The tee boxes were soft.

FAIRWAYS. 2.0 out of 5

The Fairways were abysmal. The lack of proper drainage meant that the fairways were very soft and many good tee shots resulted in plugged balls.

In addition, the length of the grass on the fairways averaged a minimum of 2 - 3 inches in length/height. I suspect that this is mostly due to the inability to mow given the soft turf conditions.

The fairway rough was even worse with grass length in excess of 4 inches in length -- and despite it being long enough to lay down, any balls that strayed into the edge of the rough were either lost of consumed time to find the balls.

A suggestion to the course management is to widen the fairways this time of the year to allow for players to find their balls quicker. This would undoubtedly, assist in speeding up the pace of play.

GREENS 3.0 out of 5

Like the remainder of the course, the greens were a bit soft, but with better drainage, they were firmer than I thought that they might have been.

The grass length was long and as a result the greens were very, very slow. The green complexes are small and often have a crown on them to aid in the drainage.

I gave this a 3/5 rating and that is mostly on the potential that these greens have when course conditions improve in the summer.

AMENITIES 2.5 out of 5

There are short game practice areas for both chipping and putting. They are nice greens and both have plenty of room to accommodate golfers. There is also a warm up cage for players to take full swings with their clubs prior to tee time.

There is no practice range on site, but there are two practice ranges within 1 km of the course.

On this occasion, I did not get to sample the hospitality rooms/restaurant or lounge areas.

OVERALL

The course in my opinion, is not what it should be given that the ownership is Shaughnessy Golf & C.C. with great facilities. Green Acres does not need to be at the same standard as Shaughnessy of course, but it could benefit tremendously from drainage improvements and some improvements to the fairways and tee boxes.

It has a very promising layout and is a good place for new golfers to learn the game and develop their "on course" skills. As such, it does represent a good value for golfers in that category. It is for this reason that I recommend the course to others.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 04/30/2018:

Thank you Dino2015 for your extensive review of our golf course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

"Better than the reviews state"

stevenwbush's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather

Some of the reviews said the course was always wet/muddy and the fairways were narrow. Although my ball was dirty after every hole, my feet didn't get wet, and there were only a couple of places with standing water, so no big deal. Many of the fairways were wide and I didn't lose any balls because of this. The price in April was very good, so good value for the money.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 04/04/2018:

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope to see you back again very soon!

dbtraders's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

It was satisfactory for the conditions of the course.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 04/04/2018:

Thanks dbtraders for your review and feedback. We love seeing you had a good round here and we would look forward to seeing you back again.

"Winter Review Course was very Soggy"

GREGCGOLFER's avatar
British Columbia Advisor

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/14/2017
Previously played Walked Cold weather Verified Purchaser

We have played this course many times over the years. The course is okay to play in the summer when the weather is dry. The course cannot handle water, no drainage. When the course is wet the maintenance team is limited in how they can maintain the course.

The team is great. They are capable but very limited by budgets/revenue.

In the summer dry weather you will have fun easy walk.

In the wet weather suggest you play somewhere else.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 12/18/2017:

Thanks GREGCGOLFER for your review. Book another round with us soon as we would love to have you back again for more of the best golf in the area.

jimmyhyc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 10/13/2017:

Thank you jimmyhyc for your review. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here at the course and we hope to see you back again very soon.

Janleong's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 10/09/2017:

Thanks Janleong for your 4-star review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Greenacres"

sandyh12's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2017

Ok but greens had been punched and sanded and either golf now nor the pro shop mentioned this so I think we paid too much- because of rain at beginning of round and maybe because of greens conditions

we were only people on course

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 10/03/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback. We apologize for not stating that the course is currently undergoing maintenance. Please come back and see us again once all the new changes are in place.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 09/08/2017:

Thanks so much for the review and it is fantastic to see you enjoyed your round on the course. Please come back and see us again very soon.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 09/05/2017:

Thank you so much for the great review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"Rob Elliott"

slyvester2017's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2017

Overall a challenging course fun to play any enjoyed the afternoon looking forward to the next game

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 08/24/2017:

Thanks, slyvester2017 for the great 4-star review of Greenacres Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope to see you back again very soon!

"This course location is closed by my work office"

dannylam's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Best value for the money to play golf in Richmond. Absolutely will recommend to my friends.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 06/05/2017:

Thank you birklegolf for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate your time and are thrilled you would recommend us. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Greenacres, May 27, 2017"

Jasper9897358's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2017

We decided on Greencacres because it's close and through GolfNow it was relatively cheap.

The course recently took on a lot of water and was finally dry. There were large patches of dried mud where massive puddles used to be. Those will take time to recover. A wind storm earlier in the week scattered debris everywhere that was somewhat, but not all, cleared. Still, no major issues. The strangest thing was they cut a few of the holes in the worst, chewed-up parts of the greens. Putts would jump and bounce on their way to the hole. There were parts of the these greens that were in great shape and I don't understand why they wouldn't put the hole locations there.

All in all, you get what you pay for. It was fun. I will probably end up playing there again in the future for the reasons I mentioned earlier, but I hope that the course will be in better condition at that time.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/30/2017:

Thank you Jasper for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we are very happy you had fun on the course despite the recent rain. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon!

Curlergolfer's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/30/2017:

Thank you Curlergolfer for your review and feedback of our golf course and we hope to see you back again very soon!

u1965070's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/30/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and please come back and see us again very soon!

leekha1's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2017

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/26/2017:

Thank you leekha1 for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope you will let us know if you ever need anything. Please come back and see us again very soon!

"Great day but Winter was Rough on this Course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Haven't played Greenacres for several years. Weather was finally perfect after a very long winter, but the course is in pretty rough shape with a lot of mudded-up fairways, still deep and mucky rough, and some greens hit by frost burn (but the price was reasonable for the conditions). The pace was good (for a long weekend Monday morning; 4 hrs 5 mins) and the Course staff were very accommodating and friendly. Lunch afterward was good too! Will be back and no doubt the course will return to better shape as Spring continues.

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 05/26/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We are thrilled you had a god time on the course. Please let us know if you ever need anything while you are here and come back and see us again very soon!

"Stagnant water, extremely boggy, many uncut fairways"

uOVMN5860OV's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017
Previously played Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

The only difference between the Okefenoke swamp

and Greenacres is there are no Alligators!!!!

Response from Greenacres Golf Course on 06/09/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of our golf course. We appreciate you taking the time and we hope you are able come back and see us again soon to avoid all the gators!