Micke Grove Golf Links

Year Built 1990

Be prepared

There were no carts available when I showed up. Had to wait and then was paired up with someone I didn’t know because of the cart shortage. Had to wait on nearly every hole because everyone was teeing off back to back. I wish this information was shared on their course description/warnings

Very good value

Played here for the first time and was impressed by the operation. Loved the funky red barn pro shop/clubhouse. Course had some character, with some water and large undulating greens. Course was in good condition. Fun course and I hope to be back!

Great conditions and can't beat the price

My buddy and I found some deals for $10 on golf now. Incredible deals, we were totally shocked when we stumbled on them. Basically after 3 PM on a weekday the price drops from $20 (which is still a good deal) to $10.

So we decided to make the drive out there. Once we got there, I booted up the GolfNow app to book the time. Found the $10 time for 3:17 and started the booking process. Once I click on the time, it changed from $10 to $15 because the $10 rate was for their "players club" price. Ok, no biggie, still a great deal fir $15 for 18 holes and a cart, etc.

Now the course. Wowzers, I live in Tracy, so about 3--35 min drive from door to door. And I haven't spent much time in Lodi, but this course was on an awesome piece of property. So beautiful. One of my favorite things was the train that comes jamming by on the 3rd-5th holes, even on the 9th hole your back is basically to the train. I have never experienced that before and being a fan of trains I was totally geeking out.

Course was in great condition, greens were excellent, fairways in great condition. Only thing that their struggling with is their fairways, which is understandable because most all course can't maintain their bunkers in the summer.

Besides the train, the thing I liked most about the course was the variety of holes and how different they were. We played the back tees and some of the holes were very challenging (but fair) considering we were into the wind pretty much all day.

Front 9 par 5's were challenging with lots of trees and lakes. Back 9 par 5s were gettable for the most part.

I will absolutely be back here to play and I think I just found a new regular course for me!

-Marc

Fun course

This was my first time here. We had an early tee time due to the heat this day. The course was a swamp due to the early watering, no fairway run at all just plunk! The tee boxes could use some mowing, like teeing off in over growth. Course layout is fine better signage would be helpful to find the next hole due to crossing multiple holes near each other.
Staff was super friendly and helpful, course needs a little TLC. Traps are solid and not what you would like for the price.

Will I play here again? Maybe but I can go to much nicer courses for just a couple bucks more.

Great Public Track

Wonderful course. Great condition except for bunkers. If they were just marginal, the rating would be a 5. But they are awful...

Slow at first then we rolled

Douggiefresh and I decided to check out this course. We got there a1/2 hour early. We checked in and off we went. We hooked up with 3 other golfers. One guys name was Juan. He hit the ball pure. We had a little slow down with the group in front of us. They let us pass. Then we were rolling right through the golf course. Very fun course to play. Greens ran true. I would definitely play this course again!!!!

Fun Course Staff Not Friendly

We play this course once per month. Course is very fun to play. Unfortunately, pace of play is very slow and there are no marshals. Also, only a couple of drinking fountains. Make sure you bring lots of water in the summer.

I have had issues with the staff in the past. They closed the course on a rainy day but neglected to call and cancel my start time. I drove over an hour only to find out the course closed. I played another local course that did not close.

This day the staff was rude. Have no other way of putting it. The course was very busy but no reason to be rude. I also paid for a golf cart but decided to walk. They were running out of carts all day so you would think they would appreciate my helping them out. I received no “thank you”.

Once again I have been disappointed by the course staff. Second time. Not sure how many more I can take until I stop patronizing this course. Many options.

Fair or Unfair

Our group been playing this course for years now, this is where we play to get together with friends. Anyway it was a hot day and not as busy as a regular day. Course is fairly maintained and we noticed that they have added new staff. Anyway, there is this guy that goes around and telling people can't bring any outside food or drink and told us that the course have everything we need. Well, sorry to say but I've been a vegan and I drink smart water that the canteen does not carry. So I bring my own organic vegan snacks and I hope the management will be more considerate unless you start serving vegan organic food for guest who are health conscious and we understand that the course need to profit. By thy way, please train staff to be cordial and not to be discriminatory, when telling or asking guest not to bring outside food or drink and he should be telling everyone. We felt offended and discriminated when he told us, but didn't tell the other guys in front of us, he just drove by them (this is in hole 1). This may drive customers away. Thank you.

surprise Find

we drove an hour &15 from the east bay to play Micke Grove. Glad we took the chance. It was a beautiful 80 degree day. The course was in excellent condition...the greens rolled true and were in fabulous shape. This is an older flat course with tree lined fairways and small greens with enough water to make the holes interesting. We really enjoyed playing it and will make sure to find our way out here again.

Best value in the area.

The up keep at the course is awesome. Greens were incredible.

Course is in good shape shape

The only course in the area that has a cart girl driving around the course.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020