Plumas Lake Golf and Country Club

Year Built 1926
Architect Donald McKee Bob E. Baldock (1960)

The course conditions have dropped but fun

I know this course isn’t the best and I’m not looking for Pebble Beach for the price, but boxes were in bad shape and the greens had ball marks every wear. Generally ball marks are not the course managements fault so I lived with this problem for my round. The fairways had mud from all of the rain but that’s to be expected. I spoke to the Marshall who was out trying to fix the gopher problem they’d been having, so needless to say the course is going through its challenges. Overall I had a good day with no backup in front or pushes from behind and I had some pretty good drives on most holes. The number 1 handicap hole #8 made my day since I par it and set up for a great back 9. The 13th par 3 is always fun and challenging as it’s a 208 yard par 3 and the enormous house located behind the green stands out from the rest. The 18th hole is a dog leg left and a driver would not be the club to choose if you hit it long.

It’s really sad to see so many courses suffering as they are and I think this is one of them, but with some luck this course will be around for some good golf in the future. Thanks Plumas for a good day.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hello Thegr8t1. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

New Year. Eve Golf

Great deal always on GolfNow the condition of the course was not very good but got hooked up with a nice family it was an enjoyable day I wish the courses in better shape.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Plumas Lake Golf & Country Club another try in the near future.

Nice Course!

This is a pretty nice course that is not too difficult, when we played it was cart path only and a bit of mud in the fairways but, this is a much better course during the spring and summer. The greens are in pretty good shape.

Plumas Lake 11/15/2019

We played at a brisk pace and were not slowed at any time. The course was all we expected it to be.

Pace was extremely slow. Saw multiple groups of 5 playing.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Plumas Lake Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Dry

Ground is hard. Lots of roll. Not always a good thing.makes it that much more challenging

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, calvinlew. Thank you for taking the time to leave Plumas Lake Golf and Country Club a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars due to current dry conditions, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future and see improvements.

Great track. Straight forward. PLAY GOLF!

Pace of play 100%
Concessions / perfect
Pro shop / they get you playing
Cart GPS/ Course lay out / NO HELP!

Rude

Pro shop service so rude ......never experience the service ....talk to use like we kids I know we 5 minutes late remember we just human there traffic...

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Plumas Lake Golf and Country Club. We sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve.

Great Day With Son

Greens are fast and in good condition. Rough a little long to find balsa. Fairways well cared for. Course is challenging for beginners, lots of trees.

Dont like to do this to any golf course but it was in poor condition except for the greens which were pretty good. Will never go back

Commented on 08/30/2019

Hello, davemed11. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Plumas Lake Golf & Country Club.

Plumas Lake

Played from the blue tees, and shot approximately 10 over. Both fairways and greens where in good shape. The weather was perfect. At only $16.00 for 18 with cart, I had a fantastic round.

Decent course, but BEWARE

If you book on GN as a single and another individual books the same tee time as you (single), this course will ask you to share a cart together. Not necessarily the worst, but not enjoyable either.

As for the course, it's a neat course in good shape. Some fairly challenging holes, and a neat creek that the course follows. The creek is EMPTY tho and its kinda a bummer. I personally feel it makes the course much hotter than it would be. SIDE NOTE: The layout is extremely confusing and holes don't necessarily follow a smooth path.

Commented on 10/10/2019

Comment on the comment from Plumas Lake. Making people double up on carts is NOT the policy for golf now reservations at all courses. I've run into it on occasion, and it's also true for all reservations at times, especially when carts are in short supply but definitely not across the board for golf now. On the flip side, golfers should know, and it didn't seem like the reviewer did, that when you go out as a single you're buying half a cart, and if the course insists you double up you can't argue against it.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Maybe so. Out of the the dozens of courses I have played this summer, Plumas lake is the only course that enforces this policy. No big deal though, I wont play the course again, or speak positively about PLCC with other golfers. Problem solved :)

Commented on 08/19/2019

Let us first start by thanking you for the review. That is the policy with GolfNow reservations at all courses. Thanks for understanding. We believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Plumas Lake Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

best course around

best course around and only one close by. how lucky

Fairways awful

Course is decent for the money if you can get in for a cheap price. Fairways are absolutely terrible. Just full of clover and crabgrass. I’d much rather hit the ball in the rough than the middle of the fairway. Greens are good, though. Just wish they had weed control. It would make this course so much better and worth the money. I only go here if I need a quick practice round.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Full Of Potential

I've been playing this course for over 40 years. The greens are very nice, and well tended. The fairways are awful, as little or no weed control is done. Fairways are mostly weed grasses, spurge, clover, knotweed, etc. with less and less "real" grass each passing year. Bunkers are pretty well cared for. A nice little chipping and pitching area was allowed to die and hasn't been revived. What's up with that? Pro shop staff is sometimes friendly. All in all the course is a shadow of its former self, but it could be brought back to greatness with proper management.

Commented on 04/30/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Plumas Lake Golf and Country Club. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Yuba City, California
Lincoln, California
Roseville, California
Rocklin, California

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.