View of the 10th and 18th fairways at Bay View Golf Club.

Formerly known as Summitpointe Golf Course.

Bay View Golf Club

Year Built 1978
Fairways Rye grass
Greens Rye grass
Golf Season Year Round

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes
Dress code Bay View asks all guests to wear appropriate golf attire on the course and practice facilities. Collared shirts are required. No blue jeans or cut-offs.

First time playing here and was really impressed overall. The course is challenging but enjoyable. The fairways are being grown back and for the most part they are it’s just certain pockets .The greens were nice and well kept they played super fast that day so it’ was better to aim short and putt up the hill. The carts are newer with the touch pad hanging down nice if you don’t have a range finder like me. Excellent location on the mountain with incredible views of the valley. The downside of being up the hill is the service is bad. Stayed after playing and had a few beers at their cool outdoor patio area that has big screen and views of the course. Excellent service from the bar staff that day friendly and attentive. I would say this course really stands out among the rest.

Not perfect yet but they are getting it there

New owners have started taking this course back to what it once was so I give them huge kudos for that(not an easy undertaking)and it takes some time but,greens are fantastic,bunkers are great,tee boxes are are good as well,Carts.....My goodness we all know what a wreck the carts were previously,well these are about as comfortable as a cart gets and with GPS and other lirrle perks.Fairways still need some TLC but they are getting there and tons of clean up on all the shrubs and bushes around the lakes and sidelines.truely a fun round that will soon be what this course once was and with a NEW name to boot"Bay View"

Commented on 10/21/2020

Hi u996610955. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bay View Golf Club.

We had a great time, greens maybe a little too tricky

What I like about this course is the fun variety of holes and yardages and scenery. The staff was really great and was a lot more attentive than most places have been during covid. We got an absolutely killer GolfNow deal, so was easily worth it today.

Now I don't think I'd be willing to pay over 70 to deal with these greens. They were fast, but with too much tilt for the speed. I would suggest that the course superintendent remember that the average golfer is not a single digit handicap. There were a few holes that were essentially unputtable from above the hole. That's perfectly fine for Dustin Johnson. Not so much for Dave Johnson the electrician.

It was my only complaint

Commented on 10/21/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Bay View Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Fun Course, Looking forward to the Future

I share the sentiment with a lot of other reviewers... this is a fun course, and with some maintenance improvements to the fairways, can be a top course in the area (IMO). The layout is a lot of fun with some reachable/shorter par 4s along with some tighter fairways and blind shots on some holes. Playing from the blue tees, there are some more difficult angles and the elevation changes will lengthen some seemingly shorter holes, I noticed that there is a lot of repair going on in the fairways, so you need to be careful of that and make sure your cart doesn't go into those zones, but overall a fun course for the money.

US Open Greens

The course layout is not daunting from a length standpoint and there’s plenty of doglegs that traverse the hilly valleys. You will have lots of uphill, downhill and sideways shots on almost every hole. The course conditions are absolutely better after going throughout the upgrades and naturally the price point has tripled as a result. Staff was very friendly and they do have the best golf carts I’ve ever driven. GPS, Blu tooth, lounge chair like seats and coolers to keep your drinks ice cold. The bar service was good too with pretzel buns for their hot dogs. I was given a voucher for a free walking round after 2p and a free hot dog upon check in.

You should know that the greens here will be the most difficult you’ve faced. Even before the course upgrade, the greens were always ridiculously tough. You need to be below the hole. I’m not exaggerating about the US Open title. If you’re above the hole, you will find it impossible almost every time. A tap can produce a 40 ft putt. They are in great condition, firm and roll like it’s glass.

The course is fun and gives you so many shot varieties from tee to green. Just don’t let the tough greens get you down. You’ll just have more stories to tell that people won’t believe. My playing partners both made putts after their ball fell in backwards from a foot above the hole. You just have to see it to believe it.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, yushanli! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Great early morning golf

I met a customer friend of mine here fit a 7:36 am tee time and had a great time!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, MauricePardue! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Hardest Course in the South Bay

The most challenging putting. Well manicured greens and the fairways will get in much better condition after the rain comes.
They have new carts with computers to track your game play music off your phone and of course range finder.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ryanarcuri! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

US Open Greens!

Enjoyable course to play and highly recommend. Got a great deal using GolfNow. Some holes are spotty fairways or under GUR but tees and greens are excellent! looks like they redid most if not all their greens and front cut. I hope they are able to maintain these awesome greens as they can be one of the best in the area. Lines are true and greens are very fast. most greens have tiers and undulation therefore read your line carefully. 3 putting is common on this course. Staff (ambsssador and snack bar) we very friendly. Marshall on the course helped us when our balll went into the lake and keeps the geese off the fairway. This course has the BEST golf carts in california. Top of line electric carts with seats made like LazyBoy chairs. Each cart is equip with yardage screens, scoring and snack shack menu. Had a great time and will make the effort to play again soon!

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ceebee00! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Awesome Staff and Ramen!

As it is said the worse day on the golf course is better than the beat day at work and this day was no different! I left my golf game somewhere so if anyone finds it please let me know! On arrival the staff was friendly and was very conscious of Covid protocols from wearing masks to single carts per golfer unless same household! The course recently had a little work done but overall a great challenging course with some wide open drives and great views from the top! The staff at the bar/restaurant kept it going with the great service that started on checkin! The Ramen they serve is on point and a great topper to a day out on the course! I tip my hat to the chef and the staff they were all fantastic!

Commented on 10/05/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Summitpointe Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hello, bleong. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Needs improvement

I heard that work had been done on the course and decided to play there after a few years. The greens were in good shape but extremely slow. The fairways need a lot of work. For average conditions too expensive. I'l wait till the conditions are better before playing there again.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hello, u000002465071. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, u721938941. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jvgiannosa67! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u029586432! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Golf carts

Please synchronize carts meticulously and improve signage where off limits for carts.
Maneuvering the carts backwards too dangerous when near creek or creek or higher grounds.
Please have RAMEN DISH everyday.

Please have mid grade CAVERNET .$50-60 range

Commented on 09/23/2020

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, grgfeng! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Not Handicap Friendly

Being handicapped I asked about access to the fairways and greens and was told that all were accessible except #7, a short flat fairway I found some other holes were roped off and only accessible by walking. A very tiring and disappointing experience.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Hi u000004288205. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Summitpointe Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Milpitas, California