A green view from Summitpointe Golf Course

Greens Rye grass
Golf Season Year Round

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Poot Poor

The course is in poor condition w slow greens and bad T areas. I would wait for a year to come back here again.

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello, u000004317133. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Better than before, still a lot to improve

Better than before. Tee boxes and greens are in much better shape now. Fairways and around greens still need improvements. Renovation seems still work in progress. Hopefully, it will get better.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello, roxon98. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

It's way too expensive! I don't think it is worth $60/round on a weekday.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, Rcyoon007. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Time

Had a great time they do well with COVID-19 protocol l. Each person has their own cart. They have a 90 deg rule on the carts. They cut out if your not on the cart path or strait down the middle of the fairway. That’s annoying because then you got a back up to clear it before you can go forward. That the only negative comment. The entire courses is open and fun to play.

Commented on 09/11/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314159462693. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 09/11/2020

Hello, u314159972437. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

A good value

As SP is making a comeback, I can see that when done the course will be in the best condition in over 10-years. Its always challenging, never a flat lie!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Summitpointe Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Pace of players was really slow

Pace of players was really slow, The carts kept on shutting off which was very annoying, had to do a lot of walking.

Commented on 09/02/2020

Hello, u000001950886. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Love the renovations! Must play!

Took my oldest out to Summit Point where I've played at off an on the last 20 years. Was always a good value, but conditions were iffy. I hadn't played there for a few years but when I went back I was pleasantly surprised knowing the back 9 was closed. Carts are brand new with GPS in the carts (used to guess the yardage, which is compounded by the elevation changes back in the day), friendly staff, great value, and during the weekday not too many folks are out there even in these COVID days where all the courses seem super packed. The renovations are excellent - facelift of their restaurant with great food. They removed a ton of trees so you get even more of a fantastic view of the bay I didn't know existed before. They've redone the tees and greens so the new grass is still taking hold but was cut short enough and rolled great. Would highly recommend it - great way to speed through 9 and I'll bring my buddies out there next time.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, sdsoutherd! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Summitpointe Golf Course!

Commented on 08/12/2020

Will never play this golf course anymore

Can only play nine holes because they renovate the back nine holes. I wished I new this info before pay my green fee at golfnow.com. There are a few fairway are so wet and muddy. Some of the fairway has no grass. Summitpointe golf course is the worst one I played in the Bay area.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hi, m81galaxy. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Poor course and rude staff

I was first in line to get a cart but still took 15 minutes to get a cart. Back 9 was closed played the front twice. Did not find back was closed until we arrived at course. Ranger said our foursome needed to pick up the pace during during the first 9 that we finished in 2 hours and waiting for group ahead of us at times. Carts were cart path only and will be until October due to new irrigation system.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi Strathclan. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Inform players on website that 9 holes only open

Nine holes only available, turn around to play front nine
cart path only
Fairways need some work

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hello, ricky4233. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Practice Facilities Only

The course is under new management and they are currently going under renovations, so something to take into consideration if you plan to play/practice here.

I currently come here for the practice facilities only. I'll play the course once they're done with renovations. Currently, only half of the course is open.

I actually only practice here for one BIG reason... grass range. It's the closest range to me that offers a grass range. I list some additional pros/cons below:

Pros:
- Most of range balls are new
- Allow chipping on putting green
- Restaurant is pretty good. Sometimes I'll come here for lunch, then hit some balls.

Cons:
- Practice chipping green in bad condition. It is also small, so really ideal for two people max.
- Irons only at the range. They are installing a net, though, so will allow woods soon.
- Allow chipping on putting green. I put this both as a pro & con. Putting green not in the best shape, but good enough.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hello, u000003958919. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

course is under renovation

Course is under renovation, patches in the greens and sand in the tee boxes. Play front 9 twice to make up 18. Car path only.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello, Bgolf118. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Black diamond Runs

Back 9 closed so front 9 plays 2x, not happy about that. The staff was only helpful if you asked them for help like I didn't have to go into the pro shop just to be told to come back 10 minutes before my tee time then to be told I didn't have to come to the pro shop because I'm prepaid and to just go check in with the cart guy on the parking lot. Where’s the 1st tee? I think the staff assumes everyone knows the course and their check-in process. Now being somewhat handicapped and wearing a knee brace nobody told me its cart paths only, I found that out the hard way when the carts auto lock kicked in on the 1st hole about 130 yards from the green. Consequently by the time I got to the 10th tee I quit because my knee couldn’t stand walking the steep terrain and uneven lies. Hey! other than that the view from the course overlooking the South bay was exciting. Just wished my round was too.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hello, nokaoi. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Worse Golf Experience In a Long Time

This golf course charges you full price but when you get to the golf course, they tell you it’s cart path only. And then after we played the first 9 holes (the hardest and hilliest holes on the course) we learned we had to play it again because the back 9 is closed...cart path only. On GolfNow they did say that the back nine was closed (in fine print...but who reads the fine print?) but the person at the register when we checked in didn’t say anything or made sure we knew the information. If the front register would have said something at check in, we could have made a decision to only play 9 instead of 18. When we complained about these issues at the desk after playing 9, the supposed manager just shrugged us off, gave us his business card to call him next time we want to play....what ever that means....Over all if this is how this golf course is being managed, I say stay away from this horribly managed business establishment.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Hello, Racquel3803876. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Summitpointe Golf Course.

Commented on 07/28/2020

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hello, ChrisC2020. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Milpitas, California