2.6
2.4
2.3

Summitpointe Golf Club
Scorecard for Summit Pointe Golf Club
Summit M: 71.8/136 322 528 122 362 183 384 338 401 515 3155 358 329 364 154 488 498 199 388 398 3176 6331
Club M: 70.4/134 300 483 117 351 175 375 329 393 505 3028 346 322 352 143 473 492 178 381 348 3035 6063
Member W: 72.1/130 273 448 107 342 169 274 326 383 462 2784 330 310 329 112 458 438 122 291 322 2712 5496
Forward M: 72.1/130 195 250 100 220 85 177 225 330 235 1817 220 250 285 100 270 300 80 200 245 1950 3767

Year Built 1968
Fairways Rye grass
Greens Rye grass
Golf Season Year Round

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

2.6

The course is in good shape for a summer season.

I usually don’t leave any feedback or review. I don’t know what kind of golfers are giving one star reviews, this is not your private country club. The fairways are decent and I was in one of the bunker and the sand was packed from over watering. The golf course is in overall good shape conditions, the greens are nice and not too fast. I enjoy playing this challenging golf course and will be returning to play more rounds.

A huge disappointment

Terrible course condition. Can’t put to words how bad all of the fairways and most of the greens are.
Water puddles and GURs are everywhere.
PLEASE DO NOT trust the 4-5 stars review. I have zero doubt that these reviews are from their staff. I asked a staff about the course condition right before checking in, and that person has the audacity to tell me that the course is in “great” condition.
It’ll be a long while til I want to play here again.
Great course lay out. What a waste...

Terrible condition

The course is in terrible condition, it’s been a while since I’ve played this track. And it was way better a couple years ago. The greens are bumpy, patchy, and dry, the fairways are patchy and need water. The course needs a good grounds attendant to make this track worth playing at. I will never play here again.

Unmaintained, awful management

Fairways are awful. Weeds everywhere.
Management charged my extra for a cart fee even tho my reservation clearly said cart fee was included
Conditions are comparable to a course that was shut down for weeks

"VERY MUCH IMPROVED!"

What a difference a couple months can make. The course is in great condition, two months ago the course was in pretty bad shape. I played there with a group on Thursday and we all loved it. I believe that everything was near perfect. I We had a wonderful time the greens were in great shape and of course overall was in great condition. We booked a tee time for up coming week, I do hope they keep the course up, it's a wonderful course. And it's one of the best deals in the South Bay.

Summitpointe 2.0

The course had a makeover... Much improvement since last year.

Deep cuts

Place has gone to crap. Tee boxes are like 3rd cut and the greens were probably a negative on the stint meter. Will never play here again. Best part about the course was leaving.

Friendly folks

First time to play this course as foursome, the pace was a little slow but perfect for us since we are finding our way around the course. The people behind us were obviously been playing there but they were very nice and patient with us. They want us to have fun and enjoy the game. The course was very nice, greens were manicured nicely and the fairway just need a little trimming, balls are pretty hard to find once it goes out of bounds. Overall, we enjoyed a day at Summit with beautiful views and sceneries. We'll be back for sure.

Delayed Day

MI booked our tee time payed the fees and got to the course 20 minutes early. I was notified by the pro shop that no carts were available and we would have to wait until one came in from the 18th hole to play. There was a line of 8 other players waiting when I arrived to the cart barn. I did notice that there were 20 carts in the cart barn that were just sitting there appearently out of order. We teed off 30 minutes after our tee time. It was a very bad experience.

Much Improved

The condition of this course improved immensely from 6 months ago. The course conditions were so bad last year, I stopped playing after 6 holes. After that experience I was reluctant to come back, but I’m glad I did. The course is now fabulous. The greens are pristine and the fairways are in pretty good shape. I just couldn’t believe how much things have improved. The course superintendent deserves a lot of praise for turning this course around. Good job!!

A day on the course!

Fun day at the course! Good condition except for the golf cart I got; died on the 3rd hole! Otherwise it was a fun day with friends!

What a Difference

I played here 3 months ago back 9... Terrible conditions course not maintained.... Today 18 holes total surprise course upkeep very nice a few area still soggy poor drainage but only on 2 holes... Overall course almost back to 3 stars.

Who let Summit Point get so run down?

Summit Point has never been one of my favorite courses which is why it has been 3 years +/- since I have played there. However, I was shocked at how run down the course was. Clearly there has been some damage done by wild pigs (or maybe raccoon) but much of the problems with the course are maintenance related. Fairways in particular are bald. In places they have been plowed such that they more resemble hazards rather than fairways. Tee boxes are also in poor shape. The cherry on top was the fact that I could not warm up for my round because they had run out of range balls!?!

It used to be a decent course

Only the greens were ok. Fairways are mostly dead grass and dirt. Tee boxes are in terrible shape. Overall not a well maintained course. It used to be better a few years ago. It seems it's really gone downhill since I last played.

I used to play here all the time before I moved from the area. I’m visiting my old neighbor so we decided to play like the old days.? I couldn’t believe how run down and brown and just plain horrible condition this course is in. What a shame. It used to be my home course. Glad I moved now

poorly managed

If they were not punching the fairways and greens I would think that this course was going out of business. ALL the fairways had large dead spots in them. The greens looked like they will be nice after they are through punching them. Had to use the restrooms in the clubhouse. It smell worse than an outhouse!

Punched fairways

So I was actually excited to play this course. I arrived at the course got check in and asked if the carts are on or do I need a key and was told "yes" . I warmed up and went to the cart area to grab my cart. No one there and no keys so I had to go back the the counter and ask for a key for the cart. No sorry or anything and not very friendly at all. The the front 9 fair ways were all punched so it was wierd lies and harder to hit the second and 3rd shot. It was like playing out of a ton of loose dirt. Then during play on 8 of the 18 holes they guys working on the course either mowing or maintenance did not wait for us to play through. Had to either tee off while they where in the middle of the fair way or trying to get on the green with the mower going around the green. It was really frustrating. The green were really bad. 4 of the 18 greens had large 2 to 3 inch holes on them that where around the flag. I mean with in 5 or 6ft and on 2 of them I found those holes. Once again really frustrating. I will not be going back there unless I know they have made improvements to this facility. I believe for the money there are many other courses that are much nicer to play.

Horrible course conditions.

The course is basically unplayable. Many faiways are completely bare of grass and aerated with one inch aeration plugs all over. There is no way to hit the ball among all such plugs. We quit after 9 holes even if we paid for a full round. What a waste of time and money. Booked through GolfNow and the website should have disclosed such unplayable conditions. I would suggest you go somewhere else to play. GolfNow should also reimburse the fee paid. The course should also reimburse the green fees, at lease half of them.

Milpitas, California