White 72 6294 meters 70.9 127
Scorecard for The Golf Club At Rancho California
Black M: 74.7/138 565 185 413 553 428 167 348 431 391 3481 201 406 419 586 427 351 205 515 445 3555 7036
Blue M: 73.1/132 545 174 387 539 420 160 324 400 363 3312 191 380 411 558 408 343 189 499 411 3390 6702
White M: 70.9/127 W: 78.7/148 514 146 372 527 392 144 309 387 343 3134 135 369 377 538 398 319 164 459 401 3160 6294
Gold M: 68.9/125 W: 76.3/141 514 146 350 527 392 144 309 299 303 2984 135 369 377 483 318 319 164 459 307 2931 5915
Red M: 66.5/115 W: 72.4/130 473 113 213 426 351 110 280 299 303 2568 102 348 367 483 318 277 155 429 307 2786 5354

Year Built 1970
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass

Entertaining Clients 17

BC Golf

Green run nice and are in very good shape. Off the fairways needs some work. Got a good deal on golf now. Would not pay their regular price. Lot of the fairways still have punch holes. With some TLC could be the best course in Temecula area.

Sad times

Played the course the first time in 5 years or so.. it’s nothing as it once was, fairways, bunkers, tee box are just in terrible shape to it once was...... i see people writing reviews about the course which are not true, the course isn’t in good shape, the one thing that is in great shape are the greens.. A+ for them, but that’s probably all.. sad times to was once a awesome corse

Sad

It use to be a gem, now it’s only the greens, everything else saddens me to what it once was. Fairways are horrible, tee boxes, rough and sandboxes are such In bad shape to what it once was. It’s not worth the price when their are many others in the area with course in much better shape.. I hope it gets better cause it once was an great course to play.. better times ahead, but what baffles me most is their was a lot of rain this year to have it look the way it does..

Avoid this course!

I booked a tee time for just me and when I showed up, they told me “oh the threesome we had you with brought four people, so you’ll have to play by yourself and you have to go right now”.....with no warm up time or a chance to putt.

I had to go “now!”...because they just squeezed me in between foursomes.

So I got to wait for 10 minutes on each hole to hit my shot. After nearly 3 hours to play 9 holes, I went back to the pro shop and said I’d like 1/2 my money back because this is ridiculous and you overbooked the course. The response was, “we didn’t overbook, that threesome just showed up with four people. They refused to refund any money and said once you tee off, there are no refunds.

I’m not sure why they didn’t tell the threesome that the 4th spot was taken?

If you didn’t need more reason not to play here, the course is garbage. It’s hard to distinguish between fairways and rough and many tee boxes had no grass.

I wouldn’t play here again if it was free.

Nice Day For Golf

Nice layout. Good pace with no waiting. The greens are in excellent shape. The fairways and traps need some work. The course is in better shape since new management took over. Still needs some work with bunkers being in need of more sand and raking. Seems the 1st and 18th holes have the nice white sand. Overall a good experience.

Perfect Round

I played here three years ago. The course was not in good shape. Recently I heard they did some modifications to the course. I checked it out with my brother. The course is so much better, especially the greens. The fairway was beautiful as well, much more pleasing to the eyes. I will certainly come back. We had a great time!

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT

The ownership here is CLUELESS when it comes to customer service! The send out rates and quote them when tee times are made THEN charge more once you get to the course!!! I've written this place off before and always decide to giver it another chance BUT today is it. The course is in okay condition but DEWEY in the pro shop and their grounds crew and LACKING in customer service skills. The grounds crew turned on their sprinkler system when we were getting ready to hit our approach shots in on hole 11 and let them run for a good five minutes!! WHO does this?? I've had similar experiences here in the past but will not anymore! Definitely avoid this place!!!

Commented On 05/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry you didn't have a positive experience with us. We hope to improve in the future, so hopefully your next experience is 5 stars.

Shame this course has gone way down hill

When this course re-opened back in the mid 80's and while the SCGA owned it, this place was awesome to play. Great fairways, tough but lush rough and great greens. Since the SCGA sold/left, this course has gone down hill. Played it today, and though it was rainy misty conditions, we all were very disappointed at the shape it is in. The fairways are very spotty, mostly some grass mixed with mowed weeds, bumpy. Hit what you think is a good drive in the middle of the fairway only to find it sitting down in a grassless hole, more often than not. The once lush rough is a joke now, mostly there is no grass and find yourself hitting off dirt or in a hole. The greens are fine, in most cases smooth, and though they were wet today, rolled out nicely. But we dont pay green fees just to putt. Money seems to be being spent on tee boxes or land scaping and such but nothing on the main part of the golf course, the fairways. With the rain So Cal had this past winter, there is absolutely no excuse for cruddy fairways. While most other golf courses in the area have flourished with the rain, this place obviously doesnt overseed anymore or do anything to improve the conditions of the fairways. Local Rule should be lift clean and place with the shape the fairways are in. But when you have to play it down, it's virtually impossible to get a clean shot out of most of the lies you get in these fairways.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. We are always looking to improve, so we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We hope to have you back in the future.

Scott9822094
Commented On 05/27/2019

Total agreement

Great Greens

The greens were fantastic. The rest of the course was a little spotty but acceptable. The staff was a little bit rude and not very accommodating. We had a 645 teatime and the range didn’t open until around seven. I like to hit a few shots before I go out cold.

bad golf great golf day.

You could not have asked for better conditions. The staff was friendly, the greens were fast, but consistent. The weather was perfect. Unfortunately, I played my worse round in 2 years.

SCGA is always good

A great layout, challenging course. Greens were fast and smooth.

Nice day

The course overall is in good condition the greens are great the only problem is there is no sand in the bunkers most of them and the rough needs to be cut it has grown wild since the rains and you can very easily lose balls just off the fairway because of it but overall nice day

another day

the weather was perfect. the company was great. the greens were great. the fairways were great. The rough needed to be cut. Unfortunately, I had an emergency and cut my round short.

A TESTER OF YOUR ABILITY

This course is a test for sure greens are fast with lots of breaks overall the course is in great shape even with all the rain they have had

Prefer this course to any of the others in the area. Staff always friendly.....

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020