Sunset view of a green at The Golf Club at Rancho California

Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass

Entertaining Clients 17

Slow Day

Had a 11:45 tee time, it was 12:00 or just after before we were able to tee off. we waited on many of the holes to tee off and in the fairway also.
We were a foursome, a twosome that had 2 singles join.
Our twosome quit after 9 holes. There were two groups waiting on the par three 6th and the 10th.
just one of those days when the earlier players don't maintain a good pace and makes the day frustrating for those that follow.

Course in sorry shape

Sad to see Rancho California in such bad shape. The main issue seems to be water. Greens are rock hard, and hard to hold a green even with a great approach, fairways are dried out and very brown.... JUST NEED WATER (and maybe a little fertilizer). Bunkers are hit or miss. Some are fine and some are just rocks and dirt.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, jlundry. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Dont Waste Your time

Photos are photo shopped. No Marshall. Just Wow!!!!! Shut it down and clean it up. Should be embarrassed to have this course listed. How the heck it got 3.7 Stars is beyond me. Folks I left after 9 holes. It's that bad.

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hi Golfalmoe. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Enjoyable, relaxed day!

Pace of play was great! Only had one backup at a par 3. Fairways were bare in some spots; greens very fast and sloping. Not as scenic as some courses in the area but we will play it again.

Windy Golf.

Winds were 15-25 MPH. The staff was not friendly. They appeared as if I was holding up their break time. They never offered or told me I could take a cart. I had to wait close to 10 inutes to get a soft drink. They also closed the 19th hole at 4pm. Whats up with that! The worst review I have posted on this course.

Great day at the golf club at rancho california

Everything was great today. Pace of play. Staff were excellent. Wind was a blowin. Made for a fun challenge got that 81. Tryin to break that 80. One day.. I will take it though. Just had an off day last time my appoligies for that frustration ! would take it down If possible. But o well,. Thats irrelevant. Go play here ! It Is a great course, and a solid test ! Thanks for a great day! Fun was had, like usual !

Follow up to the day before after giving them 5 stars. I had a feeling it wasn’t too good to be true

I’m not gonna go in too har here’s .but ive gotta say the Marshalls a straight joker. I was so patient on two clowns in front of me. Chipping over the green, then back over the other side walking ever so gingerly over their 5 putts. time and time again. Bear in mind I was a single. Brought my momentum To a screeching halt at 6. hoped to pass them at the turn. Then out of nowhere 4 group tees of 10 in front of them(there’s goes that) I made due (I’m very patient) but they weren’t the issue. Had to just link up with two walkers by 13 just To try to keep it moving but it was still crawling.. Marshall had the absolute nerve to get the on me on 18 about my cart s location sort of by the tee not nearly on it. I’m not one of these tools who parks pretty much on greens and whatnot by any means ! Then after his harrasment asked If we cared if he pulled the pin. Uh yes we especially I do. You can walk .org cart yourself back across the street from your cart barn and get that one after ! So do groups behind us but there not my problem. After 18 long holes of me doing everything right has the audacity to treat me like some hack or somethin when I’m totally not, IM A PLAYER and I expect to be treated like one ! Don’t let’ my looks or whatever it was fool you there pal. Put a salty end to an already frustrating experience that I was making the best of. I was gonna totally overlook it all and Just go home after parring 18. Still had a good day just leave me alone. Especially at 18. once I finally arrive. Like I said don’t treat players like hacks when Ive been following them all day and watched you ignore them the entire time. Go sand another divot. ! I don’t hold grudges. That won’t get you a 5 star ever especially after I did one the day before nearly regardless. Thats Weak. !

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hello, Garrett. Thank you for taking the time to review The Golf Club at Rancho California. We are sorry to hear you may have had a negative experience with any individual on our staff. This is not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We welcome any further feedback as to why you gave 1 star and what we can do to improve.

Great day out there

No complaints. Course Is challenging like always. Thick rough, best To avoid. but fun for a challenge If you do find it. fair amount of elevation change. Greens roll nice. .Friendly pro shop staff. And cool stuff for sale in the shop. Full range, putting green. bar.. What more could you ask for ? If you haven’t yet or are thinking about it, give it a try. Friendly locals. highly recommended !

great course

I have always liked the course for it scenic views and topography and they keep it in good condition

Always fun

A few small dirt patches and a few dry spots but other then that the course was great. The greens were very nice and fairways were not bad at all. Good golf day.

Minor Complications

I've played this course several times and usually enjoy it. However, this round was particularly underwhelming. The practice range was in decent shape, but heading off the first my group noticed the Tee Box was significantly overgrown. This was the case on most holes and several others were uneven. Another common issue that we observed was very patchy fairways, a lot of bare spots and tight lies. It didn't overly impact my score as the course layout is relatively easy. The price was a touch high considering the conditions. The Greens were in really good shape and rolled true, though. The staff was also friendly and attentive as usual. Perhaps some of the minor complications were a one-off due to the time of year. Though this review is average, I will be back again, but I may wait until Spring.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Hello, Kevin. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars due to tee boxes and fairway inconsistencies, but we are glad the rest of the course was in great shape and the staff treated you well. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 12/29/2019

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more? The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Commented on 12/29/2019

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give The Golf Club at Rancho California another try in the near future.

Nice layout and conditions

Except that a Korean guy cut over from the front nine and wanted to play through us on the 18th hole, Everyone was friendly.

Commented on 01/02/2020

The courses were a great conditions for all and extremely challenging layout. Love this Course!

Murrieta, California
Murrieta, California
Canyon Lake, California

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).