Sunset view of a green at The Golf Club at Rancho California

Greens Bermuda grass

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 17

Fun Day

We had a good time as always. I was a little disappointed at the water levels on several holes as it took away from the beauty of the course offers. It’s a good track

need attention

Course has possibilities, but needs work. Greens have been hit with virus and very patchy. Nice to play in just over 2 hrs

Commented on 10/16/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Over Priced

We played in about 3 1/2 hours. No one in front of us or behind us. The fairways are in ok shape. Off the fairways could use some help. The greens ran nicely. Two weeks before that as a twosome we played in 2 1/2 hours. I think the reason for the pace of play is because of price. It’s way over priced for the conditions of the course. It’s hard to pay around 50 bucks to play with COVID-19 and no work right now. Especially when I have the PM deal at Cross Creek and can play 3 to 4 times a week for 15 dollars. We tried to buy the deal here but were took we were a day late. I guess the course already has enough money coming in.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is extremely important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Nice course, Bad Customer Service

The course layout is challenging but fun. It’ll test all skill levels, and the course conditions were in good manner. The staff was very unfriendly though. I brought a spectator and the lady at the front desk rudely demanded that I come inside and pay the spectator fee instead of asking nicely. Also, the lady inside the Bar/Grill was rude too. I ordered a burger and told her I wanted just meat, cheese and bacon. And they brought me a burger with everything on it and then she proceeded to say she “Never heard me say that” and I know I did as well as my girlfriend. But she proceeded to be rude about it. I know I sound picky and needy but it’s the little things about the staff that can make peoples visit enjoyable. I would play here again and recommend it to others but would definitely not have any interactions with the staff besides just checking in. Also, pace of play is horrible here. There was no starter so it was just free reign on going to the first tee box.

It's gone downhill, but still pretty fun

The course used to be in much much better shape and the staff appear to really have let it go. However, it's not the worst course in the valley and still plays pretty hard. The Marshall could move folks along a little better too. Overall, it's still behind Cross Creek and Temecula Creek Inn here in the valley, but it's better than Redhawk, Temeku/Legends, and Menifee Lakes.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Fun course

My dad and I really enjoy playing this course. Lots of fun challenging holes.

5 hour round

They had a Friday Skins event in the am. I had a 1:23 tee time. They had a 5-some that teed off on one in front of us. 3 hours to play the front 9. 2 and a half to play the back.

Sand traps are filled with rocks....not small pebbles of sand, fist sized rocks.

The service in the restaurant was friendly, but super slow.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hi, Jim. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California. We hope to see you again soon.

It’s my first time playing the scores we have our booking time 1115 we get it there early and we start playing at 11:55 and I don’t know was a deal about a waiting half an hour for each home which is played two holes with left and they’re not even wants to reimburse her money and I’m not even totally agree with that we don’t finish the course which is played two holes and it was too much you know the way they have the administration It’s pretty bad I don’t like to post reviews but this course requires for the people want to go and play have one good course don’t go through that course course

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Good design, bad conditions

Fan of RTJ courses and I enjoyed the elevation changes and. I got the feeling this was a course that had run into financial difficulties and was sold to a low budget owner/operator. On a few holes the heads were off by 100 yards, they said a number were switched or replaced. Greens were in decent shape, but everything else was pretty rough, shot 72 it was a fun layout overall.. Range was dirt and dead grass, oh and dont try to play any extra holes they treat you like you robbed a bank, great customer service guys.

Commented on 09/10/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have projects underway to recover the course conditions. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Don’t waste your time

This place is poorly run, in bad shape (though I will say the greens are ok) and criminally overpriced.

Temecula Creek Inn, CrossCreek, Hemet Golf Club, Seven Hills and Summerly are all much better, especially when you factor in the price. It’s a shame too, because Rancho Cal has a great layout. They just can’t be bothered to run it properly.

To the Rancho Cal employee who responded to my review:

I sent a long and detailed message regarding my issues to your online submission form. I also gave two weeks for a response with zero response before I downgraded a 4 star yelp review to a single star.

Please review that information to see my concerns.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California.

Fun

This course used to kick my butt every time I played, but yesterday I finally got revenge.
If you want a good challenging course, this is one for you. Be sure to watch out on hole #2. It’s a Par 3 with a false front that doesn’t have a care in the world if your balls rolls all the way back down into the fairway or even worse, the shrubs below...

Dirt track

I used to love playing this course. I haven't played it in a few years. Its in bad shape, however the greens where excellent. Many areas no grass, hard dirt. Or areas were the grass is growing wild. Maybe this is why its a little cheaper than comparable courses in the area. Still a great track, just needs some better maintainance and water!

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hi, Dave. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Play speed

We started 12:00, 20min delayed from tee time
Play speed was poor due to many slow players
Except it, overall are acceptable

Nice layout

Came away impressed. Got a great GN hot deal which included a single cart. Much appreciated as I'm trying to properly social distance as I'm a care giver for a aging parent. Played after a tournament and the course was improved over the last time (11/19) I played hear. Greens in very good shape. The fairways are in decent shape considering it being late summer and dried out some. Always liked the layout and will be back soon.

Fun Track

This course is in average to above average shape, I would have given it four stars but the bunker conditions are very inconstant. With that said most courses have the same issue, there are some dry spots but this time of year and with the heat we've been having that's not surprising. I thought the restaurant area closed a little early, but overall and enjoyable day of golf.

Commented on 08/26/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Golf Club at Rancho California. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Golf Club at Rancho California, and we hope to see you again soon.

Murrieta, California
Murrieta, California
Public/Resort
Menifee, California
Menifee, California
Canyon Lake, California

Valid dates: Oct 01, 2020 - Nov 22, 2020
Our Fall Golf Getaway Package starts at $299 per night, Sun.-Thu. or $329 per night, Fri. & Sat. for 2 golfers in a one-bedroom suite.