Style Links
The Reserve at Spanos Park

Year Built 1999
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens A-4 Bent Grass
Architect Andy Raugust (1999)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2016 #21)

Golf Cart with Heaters would have been great!

Wish I could blame the course for my poor results/score but not! The course was in very good condition for winter play. Weather was very cold and foggy causing loss of distance and this “old” body of mine
less rotation. Overall a fun day!

slow play

5 hrs to play round is to slow, 2 5somens ahead of us.

Great day of golf at The Reserve

First time playing this course and we had a great time. Beautiful wide fairways, awesome quick greens but with plenty of bunkers, tall rough sections, and water hazards to keep you on your toes.
Staff was very friendly, we had three in our group with two carts so they set up a single guy to join our group. Doug was a great guy who fit in well wit us so all had a great time. course marshal was firm but very polite in suggestion we let the faster group behind play through. Strong recommendation for this course.

Pave of the play was very slow

This was my first time at this course. I was very excited as I drove almost an hour to be there. Two things I noticed that were very frustrated. One was pace of the game was very slow and there were not enough gap between teams of 4. We had to wait 10 to 10 minutes after every short which really kill the momentum and we lost the charm of playing at this course. I even called the office to send Marshall so that he could ask the people to keep reasonable pace of play but unfortunately no one showed up. We finished 18 holes in more than 5 hours. Usually with a regular pace it is around 3.5 to 4 hrs. I think the office loaded too many player with very little gap. On par 3 holes some time 3 groups of people were waiting to tee off like 12 people. I am sorry to say that me and my friend were very diappointed.

Sunday with Buds made it alright.

Arrived at the course 30 minutes early, went to check in and had prepaid for the 4 of us with carts. The Club house attendant asked for my name, provided, he found my name, then asked if we were walking or riding? I paid for riding and asked why he was asking to which we began a very unfriendly discussion driven by the employee. Decided to just walk away, but annoyed enough to write about the poor customer service to start and worse the attitude of the person. Not a good impression.

Teed off on time, but the group ahead had just tee off and the next group was called while we were on the tee. Golfers were stacked, play was slow, resulting in a round that took more than 5 hours!

The course was good, weather was fantastic, just could have done without the attitude to start and maybe a marshal to help keep pace of play going or a bit more spacing on the tee times.

Read the fine print

If you book a team time for just one person these guys always stick you with another golfer in a SHARED cart and it’s not very convenient having to spend four hours making small talk with someone u just met.. that sucks! I don’t think it needs much explaining.. they have plenty of carts.. they want a extra 28 bucks to ride ON A WEEKDAY alone which was more than the entire green fee .. I showed up in a tee shirt and they tried to make me buy a collard shirt @60$ so I just left ..they DO NOT ACCOMMODATE! We’re still in Stockton!! And the girl at the front counter assumed I had never played there before as she pointed out the dressing room..nothing in my reservation said anything about it being simi private with a dress code so I lost my 27 bucks because they would not push my tee time back so I could run home and get one.. the funny part is I’m actually a teaching golf pro and I have an associates degree in golf course management.. it’s not that she was rude per say it’s that she just wasn’t very kind and wasn’t at all willing to compromise... this corse is fun and can be tough in the wind for all skill levels but it’s always been overpriced over managed and lacking customer kindness ... they have some retirees and some cart kids that work there that are super cool but they need to have a staff meeting on listening to the customers needs before you tell them there options like it’s equation for money.. there were no good sales in the shop , hardly any choices in merchandise or styles or sizes so don’t go there looking for a deal on anything..Stockton has very few options for golf unless your willing to shell out 70 bucks or more unless u book through golf now... elk horn is over priced Swenson is beat up Spanos is way way over priced Mickey grove is 18 of the same holes.. that’s it for clubs anyone can go play daily ... the best deal is to reserve a week early on hot deals and go out of town to play .. Manteca muni is ok, dry creek is cool to but if your willing to drive a lil over a hour u have a lot more options for a memorable experience. Golf is not about how many holes u play in life it’s about how much fun u had chasing a birdie

Always enjoy playing here but....

I always enjoy playing here, it’s a nice course and it’s well taken care of. The greens were recovering from aeration a few weeks ago but that’s ok. Unfortunately the last 3 times I’ve played here I along with other groups were stuck behind a slow playing group of 5!! Major traffic jam atleast 12- 15 people!!!Very frustrating, the facility needs to limit groups to 4 and regulate slow playing groups and advise them to step aside. Fortunately We finished although it was very dark. I was only able to finish because 2 of the groups in-front of us decided to play the front 9 again and 1 group quit after the 15th hole, the groups behind us all quit and left.

Good course but....

Had a 1140 tee time arrived at 1045, when asked if we (party of 2) could tee off early we were told no because we booked online! Well from 1045 to 1125sh no one teed off ... of course a group of 5 tees off at 1125!!! so we were pretty much waiting all day!!! Really sucked! Took over 5 hrs! Ridiculous!!

Best Public course in the area.

The Reserve is a great golf course. I have been a member there for many years. It’s always been in good condition but this past year has seen exceptional improvements. The greens are fast but they hold a well hit shot. Fairways are the best I have ever seen them. You can’t go wrong at the Reserve.

Slow round

Nice course overall. Lightning fast geeens we’re a real challenge. Pace of play was excruciatingly slow. 5-1/2 hours

Great layout. Fun course. Could use a lil work around the greens but all in all great track.

Great Course and Value

First time playing at The Reserve, and a tremendous course for the Twilight price. Tee boxes, fairways, bunkers and greens are all in solid condition. Greens ran really fast and smooth. Only knock is a bit difficult knowing how many yards out you are from the green with a lack of yardage markers. All in all a fantastic course and we'll be back again soon!

Course was in Great condition. Speed of play was perfect. Front desk staff was amazing.
I will definitely play this a few times this year.

Beautiful Course must play!

Absolutely love this course. Great value for the money. Very challenging, excellent greens & traps galore. Fun day just off my game today :-) but that’s golf! Lol

Good layout

Always a treat playing this course. Sometimes it's slow, but today we managed it in a little more than 4 hours. Course is I very good condition.

Golf course has a nice layout and good condition will come back play again

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.