Type Public/Municipal

The golf course at Thorncreek Golf Club is a public, 18-hole course in the city of Thornton. The course features 7,268 yards of golf from its longest tees, playing to a par of 72. Designed by Finger Dye Spann, Inc., the course has a links-style layout. A unique aspect of the course is that a street separates the front nine holes from the back nine. Lakes that are situated on the course create water hazards that come into play on a few holes. Thorncreek Golf Club's signature hole is the par-4, 18th hole, which has a fairway with a water hazard along one side.

Year Built 1992
Architect Finger Dye Spann (1992)

Way too nice for a public course!

I was in town visiting a friend that lives close by to the course. He had mentioned that this course was recently renovated so we decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad we did. This course feels and plays like a high end country club. From the practice facilities, to the golf carts, to the actual course itself. I don't know what the course looked like in the past, but now after the renovation, it sure does look amazing. These are some of the best greens I've ever putted on. Whoever mows and rolls the greens, I tip my hat off, job well done! The last two or three holes are a huge treat, as you see the rockies in the background. I highly recommend this course, and can't wait to come back to visit my friend so we can play another round.

Great condition

Greens were a little hard and fast but overall was in the best condition I have ever seen

Where is the redesign?

They shut the course for nearly 2 years for renovations.. other than minor tweaks here and there, it's the same boring course as before. Turf is dying in along the same fairway. (can't blame cart traffic as it has been cart path only). Not surprising as it is, after all, The City of Thornton.

Won’t be back

This is definitely a course you can skip. I asked the pro shop employee who was manning the register what the slope rating was (it’s not listed on the scorecard) and he gave me the course rating instead and then told me to go check the GHIN computer for the slope when I asked again.

Next, the clubhouse workers weren’t rude but they were by no means friendly either. The food was also complete garbage. Both myself and my friend were very disappointed. You’d think after a reopening you’d try and have decent food.

The starter told us that the greens were rolling pretty fast, and they certainly look fast. DONT BE FOOLED. They are quite slow.

The ranger told us to pick up our pace on the front 9. We were a twosome and while we definitely were playing slower than we should have been, the group behind us was at least a hole and half behind us. Not once were they ever waiting on us so why the ranger felt the need to be rude to us I have no clue.

All in all, extremely disappointed in this place. Don’t waste your time, there’s so many better options in the Denver metro area.

South Dakota Advisor

Great Recently Renovated Course

Recently played and practiced at Thorncreek. It had just recently re-opened after a major renovation project both at the clubhouse and course. Played and Practiced on August 17-18.
The Practice facilities were in great shape and very realistic and comparable to course/play conditions. The Driving ranges was split between two holes and exposed. It made it for a hot day of practice as well.
The course was in great shape for recently being taken under renovations. Tee Boxes, Fairways, and greens were in great shape. Bunkers seemed to be a little firm however it had rained the night before we played thus they may have been a little more saturated then usual. Also we played early thus the grounds crew might have not racked them yet. Thus they played kind of hard. The overall course layout was great. Lots of fun shots and great money shots in to the greens. Great course to play in North Denver.

This course has been closed for a year for a facelift. The clubhouse was remodeled, some of the holes were modified, some holes had ascetics added. A lot of money spent. Some of the holes showed big improvements while others still had the same problems. My opinion is the people calling the shots in the upgrade aren't golfers and care less about the actual condition of the course. I'll still return to play. When they can hire staff in the grill who will wait on you, I might even give that another try

New Layout

First let me say the course remodel is fantastic. The conditions were very good. The bad news you have to stay on the cart path the whole time. We were not advised on this when we called for the tee time. I would recommend asking this at time of booking to be sure. The grass on the fairways was a little shaggy so a extra club was the norm. The greens were beautiful and looked fast, but were very slow. I would recommend playing it, they did a great job in every aspect. The practice area and driving range are top notch also.

Thorncreek 1

They were aerating a lot of the course and the greens were just sanded, so were in poor condition. Should be in good shape in a few weeks.

Great day for golf

I consider this course above average with a few holes that make the drive up north worth it. The price is right and you can usually get a decent tee time on the weekend.
Pace of play was my major issue as we heard grumblings of 5+ hour rounds on the putting green(our was 5+ as well).

Greens were slipper y and fast but entertaining.
Would recommend to friends.

thorncreek

The is good shape with fast greens. They did stack the tee time close which slowed the pace a lot on the back 9

Beautiful course

Highly recommended, great view and great course overall

Not Bad

First of all, I will say it was very windy when we played. So because of that, it was a bit tougher than it normally would have been I think. From the very start, we were very confused. The reason for that was, there was no signage. We didn't even know where the first hole was (we had to ask someone, and they told us it was through a tunnel). They didn't have any signs that said what hole you were on, the yardage, an image of the hole, etc. as most courses do. Also, they didn't even have any tee markers out. There were a couple holes where we got lost, and went to the wrong hole. I am guessing this was the case because it was winter time, and maybe they just don't put it out during winter time due to the wear and tear that is taken on the signs. Other than that though, the course was in pretty decent shape considering it was the middle of winter. Everything was maintained nicely. Greens, fairways, and approaches; all good. Will recommend to my friends.

Great deal, great day to golf.

We got onto the course for $26/ea. Our foursome had a blast, it was a great day to golf in January! Our only regret is we didn't start sooner as we only were able to get about (12) holes in before dark. Course has a fun setup, and I enjoyed our off season game.

Loved this Course!

The course was adequately challenging and certainly worth the money spent. Will definitely play here again.

Thorny

Ok, not the best golfing experience- not the worst golfing experience! It was ok.

Nice Course right off I-25!

Great course right of I-25! A nice variety of holes with a little bit of everything. Nice practice facility. Not to narrow or too wide open. Greens were quick despite having a bit of dressing left on them from the aeration about a month previous. Definitely will go back!

Thorncreek 10/19

The course was in excellent shape, the weather was perfect, only problem was the guy behind us kept hitting into us. We would be hitting our secound shot and his ball would roll up right behind us or beside us!

Thorncreek Golf Course

A few challenging holes for a first year player but overall a good experience. We did encounter a group of drunk golfers who would not wait to tee off. Just abut hit with golf balls on two occasions and would leave trash behind of green in front of us. I would like to go back but probably won't because of this. =(

user friendly

good time at a good venue at a place that is very easy to get to from Denver

Great round at Thorncreek

Had a great time and the round went right on pace. Thorncreek has many challenges! Long Par-3's and 4's! Always enjoy the degree of difficulty and the course length. Looking forward to playing again.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020