Thorncreek Golf Club

Type Public/Municipal
The golf course at Thorncreek Golf Club is a public, 18-hole course in the city of Thornton. The course features 7,268 yards of golf from its longest tees, playing to a par of 72. Designed by Finger Dye Spann, Inc., the course has a links-style layout. A unique aspect of the course is that a street separates the front nine holes from the back nine. Lakes that are situated on the course create water hazards that come into play on a few holes. Thorncreek Golf Club's signature hole is the par-4, 18th hole, which has a fairway with a water hazard along one side.
Championship 72 7268 yards 74.0 131
Championship (W) 72 7268 yards 81.5 147
Back 72 6698 yards 72.8 126
Back (W) 72 6698 yards 78.3 140
Middle 72 6335 yards 70.8 125
Middle (W) 72 6335 yards 76.5 144
Forward (W) 72 5547 yards 72.2 130
Scorecard for Thorncreek Golf Course
Gold M: 73.8/130 349 440 586 204 555 398 163 388 474 3557 408 484 368 228 539 417 621 178 468 3711 7268
Black M: 71.8/128 312 395 559 179 519 364 150 359 440 3277 385 453 349 195 504 384 582 148 421 3421 6698
Blue M: 70.0/124 W: 76.3/144 299 377 537 165 493 349 140 336 411 3107 369 432 336 176 487 362 543 130 393 3228 6335
White M: 66.0/116 W: 71.7/133 249 325 443 128 434 315 109 309 374 2686 325 357 305 143 438 323 507 109 354 2861 5547

Year Built 1992
Architect Finger Dye Spann (1992)

Won’t be back

This is definitely a course you can skip. I asked the pro shop employee who was manning the register what the slope rating was (it’s not listed on the scorecard) and he gave me the course rating instead and then told me to go check the GHIN computer for the slope when I asked again.

Next, the clubhouse workers weren’t rude but they were by no means friendly either. The food was also complete garbage. Both myself and my friend were very disappointed. You’d think after a reopening you’d try and have decent food.

The starter told us that the greens were rolling pretty fast, and they certainly look fast. DONT BE FOOLED. They are quite slow.

The ranger told us to pick up our pace on the front 9. We were a twosome and while we definitely were playing slower than we should have been, the group behind us was at least a hole and half behind us. Not once were they ever waiting on us so why the ranger felt the need to be rude to us I have no clue.

All in all, extremely disappointed in this place. Don’t waste your time, there’s so many better options in the Denver metro area.

Great Recently Renovated Course

Recently played and practiced at Thorncreek. It had just recently re-opened after a major renovation project both at the clubhouse and course. Played and Practiced on August 17-18.

The Practice facilities were in great shape and very realistic and comparable to course/play conditions. The Driving ranges was split between two holes and exposed. It made it for a hot day of practice as well.

The course was in great shape for recently being taken under renovations. Tee Boxes, Fairways, and greens were in great shape. Bunkers seemed to be a little firm however it had rained the night before we played thus they may have been a little more saturated then usual. Also we played early thus the grounds crew might have not racked them yet. Thus they played kind of hard. The overall course layout was great. Lots of fun shots and great money shots in to the greens. Great course to play in North Denver.

This course has been closed for a year for a facelift. The clubhouse was remodeled, some of the holes were modified, some holes had ascetics added. A lot of money spent. Some of the holes showed big improvements while others still had the same problems. My opinion is the people calling the shots in the upgrade aren't golfers and care less about the actual condition of the course. I'll still return to play. When they can hire staff in the grill who will wait on you, I might even give that another try

New Layout

First let me say the course remodel is fantastic. The conditions were very good. The bad news you have to stay on the cart path the whole time. We were not advised on this when we called for the tee time. I would recommend asking this at time of booking to be sure. The grass on the fairways was a little shaggy so a extra club was the norm. The greens were beautiful and looked fast, but were very slow. I would recommend playing it, they did a great job in every aspect. The practice area and driving range are top notch also.

Thorncreek 1

They were aerating a lot of the course and the greens were just sanded, so were in poor condition. Should be in good shape in a few weeks.

Great day for golf

I consider this course above average with a few holes that make the drive up north worth it. The price is right and you can usually get a decent tee time on the weekend. Pace of play was my major issue as we heard grumblings of 5+ hour rounds on the putting green(our was 5+ as well). Greens were slipper y and fast but entertaining. Would recommend to friends.

thorncreek

The is good shape with fast greens. They did stack the tee time close which slowed the pace a lot on the back 9

Beautiful course

Highly recommended, great view and great course overall

Not Bad

First of all, I will say it was very windy when we played. So because of that, it was a bit tougher than it normally would have been I think. From the very start, we were very confused. The reason for that was, there was no signage. We didn't even know where the first hole was (we had to ask someone, and they told us it was through a tunnel). They didn't have any signs that said what hole you were on, the yardage, an image of the hole, etc. as most courses do. Also, they didn't even have any tee markers out. There were a couple holes where we got lost, and went to the wrong hole. I am guessing this was the case because it was winter time, and maybe they just don't put it out during winter time due to the wear and tear that is taken on the signs. Other than that though, the course was in pretty decent shape considering it was the middle of winter. Everything was maintained nicely. Greens, fairways, and approaches; all good. Will recommend to my friends.

Great deal, great day to golf.

We got onto the course for $26/ea. Our foursome had a blast, it was a great day to golf in January! Our only regret is we didn't start sooner as we only were able to get about (12) holes in before dark. Course has a fun setup, and I enjoyed our off season game.

Loved this Course!

The course was adequately challenging and certainly worth the money spent. Will definitely play here again.

Thorny

Ok, not the best golfing experience- not the worst golfing experience! It was ok.

Nice Course right off I-25!

Great course right of I-25! A nice variety of holes with a little bit of everything. Nice practice facility. Not to narrow or too wide open. Greens were quick despite having a bit of dressing left on them from the aeration about a month previous. Definitely will go back!

Thorncreek 10/19

The course was in excellent shape, the weather was perfect, only problem was the guy behind us kept hitting into us. We would be hitting our secound shot and his ball would roll up right behind us or beside us!

Thorncreek Golf Course

A few challenging holes for a first year player but overall a good experience. We did encounter a group of drunk golfers who would not wait to tee off. Just abut hit with golf balls on two occasions and would leave trash behind of green in front of us. I would like to go back but probably won't because of this. =(

user friendly

good time at a good venue at a place that is very easy to get to from Denver

Great round at Thorncreek

Had a great time and the round went right on pace. Thorncreek has many challenges! Long Par-3's and 4's! Always enjoy the degree of difficulty and the course length. Looking forward to playing again.

BAD

This was one of the worst experience, iI have ever had in Colorado and I have been traveling there for over 10 years now. Played a lot of courses all over Colorado. Was never told about the tournament of retired firefighters was going on. Took over 5 hours and only made it to the 13th hole.

A great course for intermediate players and up!

We're only able to play 10 holes as it atarted pouring rain. Very disappointed not to see back none as enjoyed front nine do much. They will give us a rain check for the back 9 so we are very happy!

A solid test

Really fun course that provides a solid test of golf. Bring your course management and green reading skills. Plenty of risk/reward situations. Huge greens with lots of undulation. Pace was right at 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon. Food was good too.

Westminster, Colorado