Year Built 1992
Fairways Zoysia
Greens Bent
Architect Ken Killian

Great greens!

Bristow is always in my rotation but right now the conditions are some of the best I've seen. My most important feature on any course are the greens. Bristow's are looking good. Very consistent and smooth. The fairways are also generally very good. There are a few tee boxes that aren't great and should probably be redone but that isn't that big of a deal to me. If you've never played here the course is very forgiving but you do want to use a GPS to get distances to water that comes into play on the front. Bristow has redone their bar and patio and it is looking very nice. I'll be back soon!

Commented On 09/17/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Commented On 09/16/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bristow Manor Golf Club!

Commented On 09/12/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bristow Manor Golf Club!

Great weather

The course is in pretty shape, no complaints there. But the pace was a little slow.

Commented On 09/13/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Commented On 09/11/2019

Great course. It is well managed. At times pace of play is slow.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bristow Manor Golf Club!

Tee boxes in good shape, some better than others. Several narrow fairways had me play diver only 3 times due to narrow, forced carry. Nonetheless fairways in decent shape—tho no sand provided in the cart to replace my divots—so regularly looking over my shoulder to fix out of habit yet no dice. Would help greatly to provide in order to keep your course maintained I would imagine.
Greens in great shape. Many were left without any effort to repair ball marks. Laziness...

Commented On 09/03/2019

Nice fairways and greens.

I had a great day of golf at Bristow Manor Golf Course. The Pro Shop personnel were friendly and accommodating. The course was iin great shape in comparison to another course I played the day before located in the same area. The fairways and greens were in great shape and I had a nice round of golf. The golf is challenging for beginners, but fun to play. The staff in the 19th hole were very personable and hospitable. Play this course if have an opportunity.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Love the fairways and greens

Bristow has the best fairways of any course I’ve played in Virginia. It’s greens are also very good, but like most courses, patrons need to do a better job of fixing ball marks - though the greens don’t mark up easily. The course is challenging (e.g. long drives and approach shots over water as well as strategically placed hazards).

Many upgrades: clubhouse major renovation, all new golf carts and an excellent grass-tee driving range. All for reasonable prices.

Commented On 08/28/2019

Always a Great Challenging Course!

Bristow has upped their game, many improvements in and around the club house and in some areas new cart paths. Have played here many times and will play here again! If there were any issues...it was the slow foursome in front of us...played as though they didn’t have a care in the world! They started at least 2 tee times ahead of us and we were a four some as well, the entire back 9 we were waiting on them. A few orange/grey tee boxes were pretty beat up as well, but it’s also August in VA and not much rain of late and the greens and fairways still looked great!

Commented On 08/28/2019

Commented On 08/23/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bristow Manor Golf Club!

Good, Open Links-Style Course

Bristow Manor is a good value. Lots of challenging holes. Plenty of bunkers, thick brush bordering some of the holes. Greens and fairways were in great shape for late summer. There was some repair work going on on part of the front 9, but it wasn't a problem. Only thing is that on a hot day, there's little shade and not quite enough drinking water on the course.

Commented On 09/09/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Fast and true greens

While the trip from DC is a construction nightmare, this course is worth it. Zoysia fairways and bent grass greens in excellent shape. The rough was a bit burnt --- not surprising for August -- but punitive enough to catch your attention. Five different tees gives you ample options, and the layout was challenging without being tricked up or ridiculous.

Commented On 08/16/2019

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bristow Manor Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Best course under $70 on a weekend , but...

I struggle with the question to recommend this to a friend. I answered yes only because the greens and fairways are in fantastic shape. However I want to caveat that with the course design, layout, and lack of optional for purchase yardage book as Big reasons to say no. Really one of the least enjoyable on course rounds I’ve played in recent memory. Think Pete Dye, but with less logic. The two front 9 par 5’s have a hazard at about 235yds that extends to 340+. Your 200yd layup off the tee leaves you ~300.to the green. Never seen this before. If you want to test my ability to hit a target area at 200-225, do it on the par 3’s. Then there’s the finishing hole which is the worst I’ve ever played in my life. Again, another 190-210 us layup off the tee leaves you...190-210 into a green on a hole that bends left the whole way bounded by water all the way to the green.

Another thing that really disappointed was lack of sand on the tee boxes, carts or par 3’s. I like to do my part to keep a course in shape and they don’t seem to desire that. I also think it’s completely unacceptable to have no restrooms anywhere except at the turn?

Bottom line, if you can get a deal and want to really work your 190-220 shots out there and play great greens and fairways, this is your course, but be prepared to flex all your patience.

Commented On 08/15/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Mixed

This was my first time playing at this course. I was able to match up with a very nice couple from Erie, PA, and their son which made the day quite pleasant.
The course conditions were a mixed bag. The greens were in very good shape, a bit slow but consistent. Bunkers were filled with the coarsest sand that I've seen for quite awhile. Fairways were in consistently good shape and obviously irrigated regularly. But the rough was so dried out that the ground was not able to support much grass. Finding a ball was never an issue, but the lack of grass meant that you were hitting from almost bare ground or in a clump of grass roots. Tees seemed to have a lot of weeds but at least were relatively flat and mowed.
The course layout was also a mixed bag. The front 9 had several holes that just went back and forth across the same creek, meaning that too many holes just looked the same. For the most part the fairway landing zones were fairly generous, so for straight hitters the threat of rough that is difficult to play from isn't a big issue. The back 9 is more interesting with a nice variety of holes and elevation changes. I wasn't too impressed though with one hole that had several large mounds in the fairway.
The golf course seemed to be understaffed. There were two friendly people in the pro shop, but there was no one at the bag drop, no beverage cart, and no marshall on the course. With fairly hot weather and a forecast of afternoon thundershowers pace of play wasn't a problem with few people on the course. The ONLY restroom on the course is in the clubhouse, so this is NOT a course to play if you have a bladder problem.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bristow Manor Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fun Layout, Summer Stressed

This was my second time playing the course, the first being about 25 years ago. I enjoyed the layout then, and enjoyed it again. There is a creek that runs through the front nine, and it would be helpful if tee markers indicated distance to reach and clear the hazard. The morning that we played, tee's were being cut, so there were no markers physically sitting on the tee's, whether they had been cut or not. Tee boxes in many instances were burned out and overtaken with weeds.

The Zoysia fairways, while uncut for several days, were in great shape. Sandtraps in many instances needed to be raked, but sand was adequate and surprisingly easy to hit from. Greens had high levels of thatch and were quite soft, but putted true and had decent speed. Cartpaths could use a refresher, and work has been done in some spots.

Overall, this is a fun layout and worth playing. Conditions in early August are typically indicative of the stress of summer heat and humidity, and it takes a sizeable budget to manage grasses this time of year.

One odd note from the round. We played early, and there were several singles in front of us. We play quickly and as a twosome often play 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours or less when the course is open in front of us. On the 13th hole, we caught up with a single woman. From the time she took off on her cart, we played our approach and putted out. As we approached the 14th hole, she was hitting her tee shot. No look or offer to play through. On 15, she was pulling away as we approached the tee. We then waited for over 5 minutes as she drove back and forth on the left side of the fairway, into the fairway, into the rough, and then repeat. At last we thought she was moving on and hit our tee shots, just as she headed back into the fairway. Luckily she picked up the pace after that and we could finally get on with our round.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back soon!

Commented On 08/01/2019

Great conditions, super value

The conditions of the tees, greens, and fairways on this course are consistently amazing. The tee boxes are well-groomed, fairways are lush, and the greens are soft enough to hold a shot without being slow. The greens are kept in a way that makes repairing pitch marks really easy. I've played it twice in prime time over the last month or so, and have finished it on pace each time. The layout is challenging because of the forced layups, but if you accept that the layout will cost you a couple strokes, you can enjoy the great conditions. In addition to the great conditions, they apparently got new carts in the last year or so.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Outstanding! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Pick your playing time wisely

Ok, so to get the bad out of the way first. I couldn’t even stomach to finish the round. I left around the 13 hole and at that point I was about 4.5 hours into the round. There was zero accountability for pace of place which is arguably golfs biggest challenge to keep players and attract newcomers. A Saturday afternoon you know you are going to play for 4-4.5 hours. This was at a 6+ hour pace. Unacceptable and it shows the staff had little concern since there was no marshal, the pro? Was sending anybody out to the tee haphazardly with the amount of mixed groups bogging the pace down (singles, doubles back to back to back). No grouping to make foursomes. It will ruin anyone’s round when your waiting 10-15 minutes on every shot and tee box. It’s bad when the nice cart girl is saying this is the normal pace.

That is the only bad.

Great course overall. The layout is very fun, makes you use all irons in the bag. Not so much for shaping shots but for varying forced distances. Greens rolled great, held up very well for mid afternoon. Bunkers were well maintained and played well out of (unfortunately found a fairway bunker and 2 greenside) but were a good to hit out of. Fairways were all in fine shape. Greenside there was no complaints. They just need to get it together with their pace of play or I’ll never be back.

Commented On 07/29/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Geammreat course and conditions but...

Only complaint I have is the other patrons not the staff or the course. Only reason I bring it up is that they were members and their sub par behavior would make me consider not playing there again.

Commented On 07/29/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement whether it be our staff, course, or members. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Nokesville, Virginia