Bristow Manor Golf Club

Architect Ken Killian

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Commented on 10/21/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bristow Manor Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Love the layout, particularly the back nine. Fairways are very easy to hit off.

Commented on 10/16/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bristow Manor Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 10/15/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bristow Manor Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

You'll have time to stretch between strokes

The course was in great condition considering how many people they booked. Pace of play is the slowest I've experienced in a long time. Took just over 3 hours for the front 9 while the back 9 came in just under 3 hours. I'd suggest this course to those who are playing just to get out of the house, but if you want a 2 hour turn time then I'd suggest somewhere else.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Almost 6 hr round

Course layout and condition was better than most other courses in the area. Price was average but front 9 took exactly 3 hrs and back 9 was 2hr 45min. We started before noon and weather was pleasant so that made it bearable but one of the longest round I ever played.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Excellent value!!

Excellent course. Well groomed and aerated. Course is pretty challenging so beware if you’re a average to below average player like myself haha but overall, i enjoyed the challenge and it was well worth the 44 dollars which included cart!! Will definitely be back ASAP!

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi Benjamin2034907. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bristow Manor Golf Club!

Commented on 10/01/2020

Easy to get to. Great course layout! Course is well maintained. Greens were even without blemishes! Definitely recommend it. Pro Shop support is lacking. Not customer friendly. Restaurant is great as well. Good food and made quickly.

Commented on 10/02/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Slow Play

On this day it took over 5 hours to play 18 holes. The twosome in front of us were taking a long time to make their second shots but also were playing from tees boxes that were outside of their skill level for that particular day. There were no marshals or starter to help keep things moving and by hole # 10 the round was no longer enjoyable.

Some of the tees boxes were in poor condition. That is one of my wife’s biggest critiques. She feels that many golf courses neglect the forward tees.

Overall, we enjoy playing the course. I think that a course marshal needed to keep things moving along. Maybe send players off 10th tee when the first tee is congested. There were a lot of twosomes on that day and no one was pairing twosomes into foursomes.

Par-5 Challenge

Course is well laid out. Forces you to think about your shot selection.

Commented on 09/25/2020

3 Hour Front Nine

It took three hours to play the front nine, likely because the course accepted tee times while hosting a tournament.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you weren’t able to play at the pace that you are accustomed to. We strive to provide a great experience for all our guests, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and we hope you’ll give us another try in the future.

Slow

Very very slow. 5.5 hours, 3 on the front 9. They were having a tournament in the afternoon so the marshal was telling us to play faster. We were literally waiting 10 minutes before every tee shot. Then a Marshall was parked beside us in the fairway while we were obviously waiting for the group in front to clear the fairway. Super annoying.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Disappointed with Pro shop Staff

Although I enjoy playing this course this is the last time that I will play there. The optics from a Black Man's perspective is poor. For the second and last time I was disappointed with the customer service from the guy behind the counter. For the second time I was told that I would have to "double up" on my cart....I noticed that there was a group of four in front of me all with their own carts and there was a threesome behind me all with there own carts. Additionally, when I asked for range balls I was told that the range was closed for cutting....when I asked when the range would open the guy told me "when they were done cutting".....he even acknowledged that that was a poor answer. As I was putting I noticed that the guy who checked in behind me about 5 minutes later got range balls and went directly to the range. As I stated, the optics from the perspective of a Black Man was very discouraging for the second time in a row and I won't be playing this course again.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. We’re sorry that our range was closed when you checked in, but our staff did alert you it would open shortly and that you could check back in with the pro shop before your round. Regarding the cart situation, we recommend to all our golfers that they double up on carts, but once they leave the pro shop we have no control over what they choose to do. Lastly, we understand how the optics may have looked from your perspective, but we celebrate diversity in all forms here at Bristow Manor and we certainly never want our golfers to feel that we are being discriminatory in any way. We would be more than willing to discuss your experience further by email or telephone. Please reach out to our Head Golf Professional, John Jasper, at jjasper@bristowmanorgc.com at your convenience. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Commented on 09/15/2020

Where is the Marshall?

This is a very nice course. It has excellent design and challenging character. However, there is a great need for Course Marshals to improve the Pace of Play. The round is diminished by waiting on every tee shot and approach shot.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Commented on 10/05/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bristow, Virginia