Bristow Manor Golf Club

Architect Ken Killian

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Locker Rooms

Par-5 Challenge

Course is well laid out. Forces you to think about your shot selection.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bristow Manor Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

3 Hour Front Nine

It took three hours to play the front nine, likely because the course accepted tee times while hosting a tournament.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you weren’t able to play at the pace that you are accustomed to. We strive to provide a great experience for all our guests, so we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and we hope you’ll give us another try in the future.

Slow

Very very slow. 5.5 hours, 3 on the front 9. They were having a tournament in the afternoon so the marshal was telling us to play faster. We were literally waiting 10 minutes before every tee shot. Then a Marshall was parked beside us in the fairway while we were obviously waiting for the group in front to clear the fairway. Super annoying.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Disappointed with Pro shop Staff

Although I enjoy playing this course this is the last time that I will play there. The optics from a Black Man's perspective is poor. For the second and last time I was disappointed with the customer service from the guy behind the counter. For the second time I was told that I would have to "double up" on my cart....I noticed that there was a group of four in front of me all with their own carts and there was a threesome behind me all with there own carts. Additionally, when I asked for range balls I was told that the range was closed for cutting....when I asked when the range would open the guy told me "when they were done cutting".....he even acknowledged that that was a poor answer. As I was putting I noticed that the guy who checked in behind me about 5 minutes later got range balls and went directly to the range. As I stated, the optics from the perspective of a Black Man was very discouraging for the second time in a row and I won't be playing this course again.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn’t enjoy your experience with us. We’re sorry that our range was closed when you checked in, but our staff did alert you it would open shortly and that you could check back in with the pro shop before your round. Regarding the cart situation, we recommend to all our golfers that they double up on carts, but once they leave the pro shop we have no control over what they choose to do. Lastly, we understand how the optics may have looked from your perspective, but we celebrate diversity in all forms here at Bristow Manor and we certainly never want our golfers to feel that we are being discriminatory in any way. We would be more than willing to discuss your experience further by email or telephone. Please reach out to our Head Golf Professional, John Jasper, at jjasper@bristowmanorgc.com at your convenience. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Commented on 09/15/2020

Where is the Marshall?

This is a very nice course. It has excellent design and challenging character. However, there is a great need for Course Marshals to improve the Pace of Play. The round is diminished by waiting on every tee shot and approach shot.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Commented on 09/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great course, highly recommend

Aerated greens and could only play front nine, but front nine fairways in immaculate condition , great pace of play, and good value despite only playing nine twice. Like the front nine better anyway.

Commented on 09/14/2020

It could have been better

I enjoy this course but I wish I had known they were going to close the front nine. They also didn't have any balls to hit at the range. Otherwise, I enjoyed playing the back nine twice.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Rough shape

First time playing the course. Has a good and challenging layout. How to hit shots though with standing water in 30% of bunkers. Greens also really bumpy and slow. Grass around greens were spotty and tee boxes rough. Wanted to like the course but a 5 hour round and poor course conditions made it a no for me.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout, but we apologize that our conditions didn't meet your expectations and that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us improve moving forward. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Nice layout but slow, slow, slow

This is a nice course but the recent rains made it very muddy today. The real problem was the slow play. Terrible. We were going to stop after 9th but continued on. No one from the course ever checking on pace of play?

Beautiful Course, need more drainage

This was one of the nicest courses I’ve played in a while. The greens are phenomenal, and the fairways are great! The only issue is that when it rains water pools in the bunkers and the rough. Better drainage would be nice, but overall I Loved this course! I’ll definitely will be back!

Commented on 09/04/2020

Commented on 09/02/2020

The day after TS Laura

Of course, the fairways had a lot of water on them, which was expected, All of the bunkers had pools of water in them and were unplayable. The intermediate black tee boxes were worn. The greens were in excellent condition, probably better than any other Northern Virginia public course available this late in August! The slope rating accurately indicates the challenge-level this course provides. Long hitters will find the gold tees in great shape and long enough (6700+) to fit their game.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Cost

This course charged and extra $15 for a single cart because of COVID 19. The course is NOT worth $80. They should indicate the extra cost on the website.

Commented on 09/04/2020

Commented on 08/31/2020

Bristow

Bristow’s fairways and greens are in nice shape. Bunkers have a lot of rocks. Other than that, it’s impressive. Go golf it!!

Commented on 08/27/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bristow Manor Golf Club.

Just Average

I love the course, however,...Very Slow play....Conditions are rough right now.

Commented on 08/24/2020