Type Private
Style Links

Year Built 1915
Architect Tom Clark (2000) H. S. Colt (1915) Tom MacKenzie (2014) Martin Ebert (2014)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Banquet Facilities

Glad to have had the Experience

I got an invite from a friend to play this course twice now. It was a real special experience. Its a private club and the place has a, "feel" to it. I could kind of tell when the front wheel of one of the high end cars in the parking lot was worth more than my entire car. I expected some form of snobbery but I didn't experience that at all. The staff was extremely pleasant to our foursome and gave us tips and directions around the course. Which you needed because the only negative thing I'll say about the place is that if your not familiar with the layout it's tricky getting from hole to hole. I didn't see a sign on any hole.

Anyway the place is magnificent, conditions impeccable, greens ran fast and true. Consistent sand in each bunker. Neat elevation changes and risk/rreward opportunities. Very fair actually. First course I've played where an actual PGA event was held. Not as hard as I thought it would be but I suppose they do nasty things with the rough for tour events. The rough I encountered was very fair.

We were the only foursome out there, had the place to ourselves. It's a golf experience I'll always remember. Sorry can't comment on the food because we didn't eat there and I got on for free. As far as value for money, it's private so after a quick inquiry, if you even have to ask or worry about that question it's likely too much.

I'd rate it somewhere in between 4.5 and 5 stars. Believe it or not I've played nicer courses but this place was quite special.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020