Type Private
Mystic Golf Club

Year Built 2005
Architect Thomas Pearson (2005)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Pull-carts No

Walking Allowed No
Dress code Our Dress Code is designed to maintain an atmosphere consistent with the tradition of golf.

Amazing condition for late March.

Played amidst the Covid-19 hysteria. So happy to find this course. I Half expected expected to drive 2+ hours to find the gates locked but they were there. One staff member tuning the house like a champ. Making sure only four in the club house at once, disinfecting the carts etc. And laying down the rules of playing sensibly and safely. The course was in amazing condition for March 20th, with no temporary greens. I brought extra socks and shoes for the turn as I was sure I’d be soaked but they weren’t needed at all. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

A challenging course

This is a beautifully layed out course, with challenging par 4's and par 5's. The greens were in great shape (especially for the end if Oct) I would go back anytime.
Deserves a nice clubhouse!!

Plays Twice a year

Still Great!

Hadn't played Mystic in a couple of years, so I wanted to see if I still loved it. I still love it. Great layout, greens rolled great in spite of its being mid-October, and pleasing to the eye. A tough course, but fair with one exception. We played the gold tees at about 6700 yards. Better be solid off the tee. The one thing that sticks in my craw is the tenth hole. Same as before, but now a par 6!? Do everyone a favour: move the tees up so that decent golfers can reach the second landing zone in two. Not fair to have to hit two career shots (drive 270, fairway wood 240) just to get within striking distance. I'm a 5 handicap, but I can't bomb it like I used to.

Great Challenge

Mystic always plays tough! Great layout with each hole uniquely designed....including the Par 6 10th hole.
Conditions are usually very good. Bring your A game.

Tough track

Beautiful layout
You need to carry the tee shots about 150 yards on most of the holes just to get over the fescue. Deep traps, fescue and contoured greens make this course a challenge hole after hole. I was mentally defeated by the end of the round. I will accept it’s challenge again. Course was in beautiful condition, especially for fall weather

Perfect fall day .Wet conditions in bunkers and greens recently aerated keeps it a 4 star .

Greens had been aerated.

The course in general was in pretty good shape. Unfortunately the Greens had been aerated recently and it was causing problems with rolling putts doing a lot of bouncing. Pretty much expected for this time of year so it was tolerable.

Damp day

It was a good day, you had to hit your ball to certain areas so club selection had to be smart. Lots of ravens to go over so if you’re not a long ball hitter you will have to play smart. But I will go back again.

A hidden gem.

A fun, well kept, unique course. Not much in the way of a clubhouse. Maybe slightly over priced.
The par 6 is really just a challenging 5.

Very challenging

I am a new golfer. This is a beautiful course laid out by an evident sadist, and it was way too much for me. Having to hit a drive 175 yards to get on the fairway is tough, as are narrow fairways And constantly changing topography. I will be back one day but i would not recommend this course to a high or medium handicap player

Not worth the pricetag

Played yesterday in a money match versus my friend from the Brantford area. Our tee off was set for 9:50am. First impression of the course: I noticed that there was a very tiny clubhouse. I went in to settle up with the pro shop attendant, he said range balls were not included with the round which was a minus. $75 for a round deserves complimentary range balls. After dishing out $5 extra for a small bucket making my round $80.46 total, I proceeded to the range. It was in good shape, however, the post with yardages wrapped around I experienced difficulty reading. A replacement with a flat sign + posted yardages is needed. After finishing the basket, I went to the practice green and saw holes without miniature flags inserted (on both greens). The starter was attempting to get us out in a foursome (our other twosome backed out morning of), I attempted explaining to him that our match was for money and I drove all the way from Barrie; he replied "I don't care you have to go as a foursome". Thankfully, we ended up going at our scheduled time and played as a twosome. Before even hitting a ball off the first tee, my impression of this course was subpar at best. On the course, there is a handful of holes that I would consider to be gimmicky. A majority of greens were in rough shape as soft spike marks and ballmarks galore that I had to repair prior to putting. Maintenance needs to take these thoughts into consideration and make future pin placements away from these areas of concern! On hole #4 my second shot found a area of ground that was NOT marked as ground under repair, although it should be staked/roped off/spraypainted (approximately 140 yards away from the green on the right hand side). It looked like a bunker that was getting removed or fixed. My partner made me play it as it lied since there was no marking, that could have proven to be costly but thankfully it wasn't. In conclusion, despite winning my match, the initial feeling of Mystic Golf Club is that GolfNorth has once again taken a property and refuses to implement proper maintenance. Since there is no real formal clubhouse, this course should be $45-50 max with a cart for a green fee. I have played a handful of other courses within the local area which are superior to this track. The layout is but some additional TLC is needed from maintenance + proper first impressions go further than one may think!

Commented on 08/22/2019

This review is hilarious. Spike marks on greens are now a maintenance issue, nice. Pins get changed every day, would you like us to cut a new pin for every group? No 'miniature' flags on the putting green, you don't putt with the flag in. It's a PUTTING green. The fact that your partner made you play out of a very obvious ground under repair is also comical. When you show up as a twosome you should expect to be paired up, this isn't the PGA tour and we have a diligence to all customers to ensure pace of play is met, sending out multiple twosomes does not help especially a course as busy as here. As you can see looking at the other reviews yours is clearly an outlier. Thanks for commenting.

Great conditions.

When my family friend and I played there the course was in amazing condition and everything was very clean. Would recommend 100%.

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.