Looking back from a green at Gleneagle Golf Course
2.6

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Gleneagle Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel (1993)

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

Neighborhood course

It’s a narrow course for the most part which is fine. The bunkers were not maintained at all. This is the second time being here in 3 years and each time I’ve approached many bunkers were there is so much water in it it becomes a water hazard. Grass clippings were all over the fairway and even on some greens.

Gleneagle perfect

It is a par 70 course. Par 4 holes are short though fairways are narrow. Most holes have little room behind green. Need more yardage plates on tees and fairways.

Skip it

Played this course on Wednesday after Memorial Day 2020. The course was in pretty awful shape. The greens were amazing though. Fairways were left like rough and the rough was not playable. Unless they take some pride in their course I wouldn’t pay those prices to play there again. Too bad because I played there last year and it was in pretty good shape.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Don’t pay for a cart.

I pre-paid for a cart, but they didn’t have enough power carts for each golfer in our threesome.
They said that each tee time group was only entitled to two power carts, and that we would have to share carts. This is against the current covid rules set by the State/Governor.
So I had to walk the course, despite having prepaid for a cart. I get we all need to make sacrifices during covid, but why accept pre-payments for power carts when you know you don’t have enough to go around? This golf course is not abiding by State rule for social distancing.
I will never play this golf course again.

Unfortunate

Unfortunately and surprisingly my round was canceled by the golf course on the day of my round due to the fact that I was a single golfer. I'm very disappointed in this, they knew my round was book all week long but waited which then led to me not getting a tee time anywhere else. Very poor management!

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for leaving us a review and with your feedback of Gleneagle Golf Course. We are sorry to hear that you were your round was canceled. Please reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter

Just reopened and in great shape.

I have played this course many times and it has had it's ups and downs. However, there seems to have been a decision to put some money into the course and it is very fun when maintained well. Right now the greens are great due to the lack of play for the last 45 or so days. Everything could use a little more mowing which makes the fairways a little long and the greens, although beautiful, very slow. You have to put some mojo on the putts to get them to the hole. I noticed the prices have increased over the past but I think that is reasonable because of the increased maintenance.

Corona Quarantine Stress Relief

The day was perfect for the weather with the golf course setup to help avoid more issues on spreading germs...a must to golf at anytime

Great day to play at Gleneagle!

Weather was great, staff was friendly and course was in good condition. Will be back soon!

Course is taking shape, Fairways awesome

There has been such an improvement on course conditions. Greens are in great shape, staff is always keeping up on fairways, bunkers and doing all they can to make this the go-to course in area. They are redoing the club house and hopefully will get some benches on course and water jugs on front and back nine. Love this course and enjoy playing playing it often.. Ty

Bang for your buck!

Great course, tight enough to play beyond its 5900 yards, not too tight to hit driver but a few good 3 wood tee shots aren’t a bad idea! Only about $25 on here at 8am and I think they are $28 if you had just called them directly. Greens were true but not too fast. Course was a bit Wet for June, has some marshy areas that may not drain well. Pace was good a couple groups let us through and we played in about 2 1/2 hours!

Cartless in Seattle

All was good, break on the price due to punched and sanded greens, but greens played nice.

Got to 10th and there was a pink 8.5 X 11 hand written paper that said "back 9 closed, play front again'. I would not have wanted to pay for 18 if I had known this... Oh well, back to 1.
Hole 8 (17) Cart dies. Called in, the guy says thank you for letting me know. Turns out it is an answering service. Lug our cart bags up 8 and finish playing down hole 9. Get to the clubhouse and there is one guy cleaning carts. I asked Camden why he let us walk it all the way in instead of coming to get us. He said he didn't know we were out there (answering service) Camden did an excellent job apologizing and making it right (free rounds of golf) However, my back was sore the next day from lugging the cart bag. Definitely a breakdown in management. After talking with Camden about the fact I was playing the course to see if my wife's generous offer to get me a membership was worth it. This is when I learned that the cart mechanic is not fixing carts and that they "regularly" have to tow carts back that have run out of juice. This shows poor management. So, while the course seems nice and Camden provided excellent customer service, it is not managed well. Not recommended.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi, rickross. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear we provided excellent customer service. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Awesome greens and fun course

I play here regularly. Staff is very friendly and welcoming with exceptional customer service. Also they r flexable and can usually work with u with any special requests. The greens are the best I have seen. Its a fun and challenging course. Never had a problem in the 50 or so times ive been here. Thanks guys! Great work

(Hard greens! Practice putting!)

If you choose your time carefully the course is yours and golf is a very nice experience (providing you can actually hit straight and hit your target!).
I’ve played a lot of courses around, Gleneagle is a great deal ...,look around you’ll see.

Residential Course

Lots of houses on this course. 75% of tee boxes in poor condition. Greens in Great condition. Other players do not rake traps or repair greens. Lots of water in approach areas. Fairways have many undulations, Balls roll down to settling areas in the fairways. For the Price Point, it is a good deal.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hello tedvanduin. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Course is a hidden gem

Very reasonably priced, the course is a maze within a housing development. It’s frequent for new players to catch themselves driving in the street away from their next hole. The pace can be very slow especially if some slower paced regulars slow down the game and cannot be marshalled back to a good pace. The fairways are narrow and greens are well protected with hazards and bunkers. You can loose a few balls on this course if you’re not accurate. Distance does not override accuracy. The course is very well priced. Better than Battlecreek and much better priced. Play it

It is “The Home Course” for our group

Great course for a variety of skill levels. Greens are great! Traps are great, not the road asphalt sand of some courses nearby.

Also, the houses are NOT THAT CLOSE to the fairways !!! Play golf here and see how many houses you hit. Few to none !

The staff is super friendly. No condescending attitude here. They are happy that you’ve chosen to play there and do not take it for granted .

The only down side is the tee boxes. They are , not all of them, in the process of being rejuvenated though. You can always find a decent place to tee it up.

Good but...

They have done a great job improving the course but they need to better Marshall groups that are playing too far behind pace

Quality course for Monday

Course is in great shape , greens rock and challenging course , but friendly . Also, please think about putting couple water stations out on course.

Great course for all types of players!

We played two rounds here today, with this being my first time at this course. I loved the challenging mini hills and how nice the greens were. The value was great too, especially the second round we played. NOTE: there are so many houses around, and that can be a distraction to some folks.

Snohomish, Washington