Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Gleneagle Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

Cartless in Seattle

All was good, break on the price due to punched and sanded greens, but greens played nice.

Got to 10th and there was a pink 8.5 X 11 hand written paper that said "back 9 closed, play front again'. I would not have wanted to pay for 18 if I had known this... Oh well, back to 1.
Hole 8 (17) Cart dies. Called in, the guy says thank you for letting me know. Turns out it is an answering service. Lug our cart bags up 8 and finish playing down hole 9. Get to the clubhouse and there is one guy cleaning carts. I asked Camden why he let us walk it all the way in instead of coming to get us. He said he didn't know we were out there (answering service) Camden did an excellent job apologizing and making it right (free rounds of golf) However, my back was sore the next day from lugging the cart bag. Definitely a breakdown in management. After talking with Camden about the fact I was playing the course to see if my wife's generous offer to get me a membership was worth it. This is when I learned that the cart mechanic is not fixing carts and that they "regularly" have to tow carts back that have run out of juice. This shows poor management. So, while the course seems nice and Camden provided excellent customer service, it is not managed well. Not recommended.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi, rickross. Let us first say that we are so glad to hear we provided excellent customer service. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the course. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Awesome greens and fun course

I play here regularly. Staff is very friendly and welcoming with exceptional customer service. Also they r flexable and can usually work with u with any special requests. The greens are the best I have seen. Its a fun and challenging course. Never had a problem in the 50 or so times ive been here. Thanks guys! Great work

(Hard greens! Practice putting!)

If you choose your time carefully the course is yours and golf is a very nice experience (providing you can actually hit straight and hit your target!).
I’ve played a lot of courses around, Gleneagle is a great deal ...,look around you’ll see.

Residential Course

Lots of houses on this course. 75% of tee boxes in poor condition. Greens in Great condition. Other players do not rake traps or repair greens. Lots of water in approach areas. Fairways have many undulations, Balls roll down to settling areas in the fairways. For the Price Point, it is a good deal.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Hello tedvanduin. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Course is a hidden gem

Very reasonably priced, the course is a maze within a housing development. It’s frequent for new players to catch themselves driving in the street away from their next hole. The pace can be very slow especially if some slower paced regulars slow down the game and cannot be marshalled back to a good pace. The fairways are narrow and greens are well protected with hazards and bunkers. You can loose a few balls on this course if you’re not accurate. Distance does not override accuracy. The course is very well priced. Better than Battlecreek and much better priced. Play it

It is “The Home Course” for our group

Great course for a variety of skill levels. Greens are great! Traps are great, not the road asphalt sand of some courses nearby.

Also, the houses are NOT THAT CLOSE to the fairways !!! Play golf here and see how many houses you hit. Few to none !

The staff is super friendly. No condescending attitude here. They are happy that you’ve chosen to play there and do not take it for granted .

The only down side is the tee boxes. They are , not all of them, in the process of being rejuvenated though. You can always find a decent place to tee it up.

Good but...

They have done a great job improving the course but they need to better Marshall groups that are playing too far behind pace

Quality course for Monday

Course is in great shape , greens rock and challenging course , but friendly . Also, please think about putting couple water stations out on course.

Great course for all types of players!

We played two rounds here today, with this being my first time at this course. I loved the challenging mini hills and how nice the greens were. The value was great too, especially the second round we played. NOTE: there are so many houses around, and that can be a distraction to some folks.

Great greens

We have played this course several times the greens are excellent, fairways are ok,and tee boxes are rough pace of play is great if you can play midday a good course for the money.

Gr eat Vale for the money

Good availability weekdays. Helpful Staff, especially marshalls.

Enjoy the course!

We started on the back 9 as a 2-some and let a couple singles thru as a courtesy. Then we were cruising along and when we went to start the front 9 there were a 4 some of elderly women. By the time we finished #1 and got to hole two, it was completely backed up. We walked back to the club house. There was nowhere to go with the groups of women in front. Fortunately the Cashier was kind enough to give us a voucher for a free round. I get up early on Wed to play and was pretty disappointed to have to leave. Golf is no fun when you have to wait forever between shots. I wish there was a better solution.

Keep up the good work!

Air compressor worked today! The course is coming along. The sand was even in good shape!

Greens in Very Good shape

Course was not as wet as I have seen before and the greens were smooth and fast.

Can't beat it for the $$

Hey....what can I say, for the dough, it can't be beat. Is it Eaglemount or even Avalon, nope. But this course has grown on me after playing it 5-6 times. Quirky but fun layout with moderate trouble in sand & water. They take pride in their greens & today they were perfect, not too fast or slow. I'm a hi handicapper old guy ( 64 ) that likes to play 5-5500 yards & from the whites here it's 5100 ish. It is still damp in places up to late May which restricts mowing on some fairways, but hey. no whining here. This is a fun course ( after you know where not to hit it ) I know that some uppity purist types would poo poo this course, but that could be a good thing for the rest of us. Give it a try

Good shape!

Seemed like lawn mower guy smoking a cigarette was stalking us which was frustrating at first until he finally passed us. Also still no air nozzle to clean off equipment when done.
Course is in really good shape though.

Greens great , Fairways/Tee boxes need some work

This course is a good track , some challenging holes and the greens are always maintained well. I know it has rained , but feel the fairways need better attention as well as the tee boxes. Also , bathrooms need more attention. But, with that the staff is great and friendly and always a fun experience playing at GlenEagle. Look forward to continue play there and future events

Great greens!

Love the course, but need to get or hose or the Air nozzle (compressor) work to clean up after round.

Commented on 04/25/2019

Hi! Let us first say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and the course itself. We work hard to create a seamless experience with so you can focus on enjoying yourself and let us do the rest. We also want to thank you for your honest and constructive criticism of the lack of hose or air compressor after the round. Your comments are presented in a way we can incorporate them into actual change. We are going to escalate your review to our team in charge and do everything we can to improve before your next game. Thank you for visiting and playing at Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Camano Island, Washington