Looking back from a green at Gleneagle Golf Course

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Gleneagle Golf Course

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel (1993)

Bar, Snacks, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

The course was in good shape considering the amount of rain we’ve had; however, more attention should be made with regards to drainage in the next few years. Greens were in better condition.

As for the staff, always friendly and accommodating!

Great price to start getting my son out there!!

Ernie Adcock

Commented on 12/01/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! We are going to pass on your feedback to the team to work on making the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Challenging with hazards lurking

Course was chalkenging as it is tight with many water hazards you must pay attention to. Greens looked good but were very SLOW. Bunkers not good condition. Good value for the price we paid. Would play again when gredns roll faster.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Gleneagle Golf Course!

Very competitive cost & moderate pace

It was my second time play there with GolfNow deal. This time I played by walking.
It was not too bad to walk. Except two or three stiff slope to climb up, overall was okay.
Since it was 2nd time play, direction to walk was manageable without enough signs.
Course layout and fairway conditions are still tough to me as a weekend golfer though.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting us at Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Tough lie on fairways

Hard to find flat lie on even fairways on the most of fairways and it was one of the most challenges in the course on top of the narrow fairways.

To find next hole was not easy nor explained enough so a little stressful when the following group is catching quickly.

Definitely not a course for a beginners.
At least one player who played before at the course is going to be a big help for foursum.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Gleneagle Golf Course!

Tryed to get a Rain Check

Did not know how to help me.
I am $200
Pro shop wont answer phone

Very disappointed

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our management team at (360) 435-6713. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course.

Good value

Seriously,pace of play with 5 or 6 back to back 2somes.....Way to slow....need a marshall guys.....

Great and challenging course

beautiful course. Outstanding greens and fairways. Very challenging course. Course management a must.

Tight but manageable

Have played here many times. The greens were in great shape for late August. Or for any time of year! A thinkers golf course. You need to know where and when to go for it. Overall a great time!

Very tight

Tight and challenging course.
Bring plenary balls.

Plays Twice a year

Decent time

The course itself was fine, albeit wet and some puddles in the sand traps here and there and on the fairways etc but what can you do.

The good: fun course and challenging for a novice golfer but I like that. Lost about a ball per hole but that's more on me than the course and all in good fun. Variety of layouts on the holes. Friendly groundskeepers. $90 for 2 people and a cart was well worth it

The bad: got there at 710 for a 721 tee time, checked in and he told us to burglary up cause he wanted us to tee as early as possible. Then followed us out to our car to remind us to hurry up at 715. Split our random other 2 pair off which was fine cause of Covid but they waited for no reason. I've never seen a course with such little signage that bobbed and weaved through the surrounding neighborhoods so much, got lost a handful of times.

Overall: good course, guy running the counter/mic was having a rough day clearly

Commented on 08/17/2020

Hi, Ricker. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course signage is extremely important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Gleneagle Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun and cheap

I’ve been playing here for years and It’s the perfect budget course. Conditions aren’t perfect but the rates are great. It’s a short tight course with plenty of houses to hit but I like the challenge. Accuracy is rewarded, you don’t need to be a long hitter to score well.

I normally play early in the morning around 7am. Ever since new owner took over this place the golf course has become much better especially all the greens. Greens are much faster than used to be and it's great shape. Course layouts are very challenging and you have to manage well order to play good and never gets bored. Staffs are suffer friendly and this place have one of best Bacon Hamburger and you must try this. I always liked this course so me and my wife joined annual membership and we love it. Between me (from blue tee) and my wife (from yellow tee) it takes about 2 hours 45 minutes for whole 18 holes. Which is not bad.

Great course!

Perfect course for everyone; beautiful scenery at every turn...want to play again!!!

Another round at Gleneagle

After having played this course many many times, I am finally writing a review. This year the course is in pretty good shape. The fairways are green and the greens are rolling fast. The greens are a bit hard in the summer and I often ended up rolling off the back. For anyone that has played this course over the years, you will know that there are good values to be had. Book early and it is easy to get an 8:00 AM tee time at a really good value. The course is short, however it is challenging if you are not hitting it straight. This course if fun to play and one can post low scores on a regular basis.

Great and challenging course

course in great green condition. Challenging.
Friendly staff. Greens were excellent. Bring extra golf balls.

Snohomish, Washington