Gleneagle Golf Course

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Green (W) 70 5851 yards 75.5 140
Black (W) 70 5050 yards 70.0 137
Scorecard for Gleneagle
Black M: 70.0/136 361 322 220 193 461 406 344 328 353 2988 364 490 379 194 323 377 183 301 350 2961 5949
Blue M: 67.0/128 343 307 165 140 435 395 319 303 320 2727 340 466 348 166 294 342 158 271 325 2710 5437
White M: 65.4/126 W: 70.6/134 312 299 128 129 421 384 306 275 292 2546 320 446 321 141 274 314 137 250 301 2504 5050
Yellow M: 64.9/105 W: 66.8/128 280 279 121 118 376 351 284 237 279 2325 294 416 287 109 253 216 115 220 272 2182 4507

Year Built 1993
Architect Bill Teufel

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #5)

Slow

It was the first nice day in a while. But, they were busy and needed a marshal as some idiot with kids skipped a hole to go through. Then on ten there was three groups on the tee. We left after seeing that.

Commented On 2019-03-15T16:44:56.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us, Gleneagle Golf Course. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding this issue so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We hope we can provide you with a valuable golf experience in the future. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Really enjoy this course

Always enjoy coming here. Staff are friendly and greens are always in great shape.

I have played Gleneagle many times and really enjoy it. It is short but narrow, and I hit an iron off most tees. Last time I was there I hit driver only five times in 18 holes. If I could change one thing it would be to move all the houses farther away from the fairways and greens. They're right on top of you on many of the holes, and that takes away from the experience. Also, if your golfing buddies are like me and my buddies, you're going to bounce one off a house or put one in a back yard at least once in a round.

Great value course

This course is a good course with excellent greens and bunkers. The layout is tight. Other than 10 and 18 you MUST be accurate off the tee. I wouldn’t walk it unless exercise was a priority. Very friendly staff and clean facility with great food and bar choices.

Fairways and design are what keeps course from getting more stars. They can’t change the layout and so it seems they are being smart with keeping the new greens excellent and bunkers and tee boxes nice. Excellent value.

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Gleneagle Golf Course, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Strait hitters rewarded.

3rd or 4th time playing here, being a 40 min. drive from Edmonds, worth the drive. Curious though, why on a perfect Sunday morning, not very crowded.......nice.
The whites @ 5000 yards are perfect for this 63 year old, but you better hit them strait, as undulating fairways, & some elevated greens make the luck of the bounce come into play. Greens used to be advertised as fastest in NW, but today, found them absolutely perfect...........kudos green keepers. Super dry summer has left some spots of fairway's a little brown, but pretty much the case all over. All in all very enjoyable, within a beautiful golf course community. Great value.

Great value

The staff has improved the course and conditions are good. Great value including cart. We can play a round in just under 4 hours when we tee off early.

Great Greens

Greens are in amazing shape, fairways pretty good but starting to dry out. Tee boxes need to be mowed. Will definitely play again.

Pro shop needs a staff member that is willing to stay behind the counter to check people in, instead of walking around the practice green smoking and socializing.

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 07/13/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry if we missed the mark, but we hope that you still enjoyed your round. We are open to hearing any more feedback that you might have.
Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 07/06/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Gleneagle and for leaving us a review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the condition of the course. We will work towards the necessary improvements, and we hope you will be able to notice some of these improvements the next time you are with us.

A Great Layout Appreciated

First time I've playd Gleneagle in several years as it's almost an hour drive for me. I did recall that it challenges the player to select distance and line from the tee-to-green on all but the par 3s. Was a single w/ cart and completed 18 in just over 3hrs. Some forced carries, doglegs are mostly right, elevation changes & well contoured greens kept my attention. A hard morning rain softened greens & kept them slower than what I suspect they usually are. Pretty normal for Northwest golfers :-) All tees & greens were in great condition, just unmowed that day. Staff were friendly and relaxed. I'll play here again soon, I think, with friends next time!

Best greens

The course is in good condition and the greens are very good. The fairways are narrow so hit them straight all in all a good course for the money.

Great local course

Hidden amongst the trees in a cute neighborhood, Glen Eagle is a gem.
Beautiful surroundings, manicured greens and fairways, and friendly staff makes for a great day of golf.

Great Morning Roynd

Great friendly staff. Fun little course with mature trees and plenty of water. Played in 18 holes in 2.5 hours!

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 06/18/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Challenging Course

The course is playing in great shape, fairways are cut, the greens are true and fast, pins placement were awesome

This course has the challenge that you need for your golf improvement/skills. I recommend you try it yourself.

Amazing Layout and Value with Hotdeals

We started golfing this course once a week with GolfNow Hotdeals after falling in love with it our first round. It is a challenging course with numerous hazards and OB's per hole, winding through forest, meadows and an exquisitely landscaped neighborhood. The fairways are fairly narrow and lined by forest, houses, ponds and bunkers. As a new golfer, my first round on this course I played my entire round with my eight iron, wedge and putter, while my husband, a golfer of forty years, used to golfing far more expensive courses, enjoyed the challenges and incredible value. This course is far from a typical local course as there are only two holes on the entire course that lie side by side. Unlike many switch back style courses, we have even gotten 'lost' a couple of times driving our cart across streets, over bridges and through forested areas in search of the next tees. It's a lovely surprise and change of scenery. We have only golfed this course in the afternoon and have found it in very good shape even after a previously rainy day. The only downside we found here was the driving range, which is irons only and in poor condition. The practice greens are lovely as are the rest of amenities available at the course. If you're preference is pounding your driver down wide open side by side fairways, this course is not for you as you might be buying a window or two by the end of the round; however, if you want to enjoy a stunning day and hone your precision, this is the place!

Worth the $$$

I played here on an early cheap tee time with cart. The course is playing well, though the greens are brown in spots. However this one is tight and short overall. I could only use my driver on a handful of holes. There are houses down both sides of 80% of the course. Pace of play was great on a Monday A.M. I was focusing on my irons & wedges so it was perfect for that practice.

Camano Island, Washington
Snohomish, Washington
Mount Vernon, Washington
Mount Vernon, Washington
Clinton, Washington

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!