Gleneagle Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Green (W) 70 5851 yards 75.5 140
Black (W) 70 5050 yards 70.0 137

Gleneagle Golf Course in Arlington is just an hour north of Seattle. The 5,949-yard, par-70 layout may seem relatively short, but it's a course that will test your shot making skills and accuracy with strategically placed bunkers and undulating greens. The layout makes up for any lack of length in many other ways, including the treacherous rough that lines the rolling fairways. Water hazards come into play as well, but there are more on the front nine than the back. There are some challenging holes but overall, players of all skill levels will enjoy the golf course, especially with its backdrop of cedar and fir trees spread across rolling hills. With a driving range also available, Gleneagle offers one of the area's best values for the money.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include narrow fairways bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Great value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

The staff has improved the course and conditions are good. Great value including cart. We can play a round in just under 4 hours when we tee off early.

"Great Greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

Greens are in amazing shape, fairways pretty good but starting to dry out. Tee boxes need to be mowed. Will definitely play again.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/07/2018

Pro shop needs a staff member that is willing to stay behind the counter to check people in, instead of walking around the practice green smoking and socializing.

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 07/13/2018:

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry if we missed the mark, but we hope that you still enjoyed your round. We are open to hearing any more feedback that you might have.

danhku's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 07/06/2018:

Thank you for coming out to Gleneagle and for leaving us a review. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the condition of the course. We will work towards the necessary improvements, and we hope you will be able to notice some of these improvements the next time you are with us.

"A Great Layout Appreciated"

verysoon731's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2018

First time I've playd Gleneagle in several years as it's almost an hour drive for me. I did recall that it challenges the player to select distance and line from the tee-to-green on all but the par 3s. Was a single w/ cart and completed 18 in just over 3hrs. Some forced carries, doglegs are mostly right, elevation changes & well contoured greens kept my attention. A hard morning rain softened greens & kept them slower than what I suspect they usually are. Pretty normal for Northwest golfers :-) All tees & greens were in great condition, just unmowed that day. Staff were friendly and relaxed. I'll play here again soon, I think, with friends next time!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

"Best greens"

LynnandKathy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

The course is in good condition and the greens are very good. The fairways are narrow so hit them straight all in all a good course for the money.

"Great local course"

robertandjoanne's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Hidden amongst the trees in a cute neighborhood, Glen Eagle is a gem.

Beautiful surroundings, manicured greens and fairways, and friendly staff makes for a great day of golf.

"Great Morning Roynd"

Daniel6797236's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

Great friendly staff. Fun little course with mature trees and plenty of water. Played in 18 holes in 2.5 hours!

bgsukautz's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 06/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Challenging Course"

Jeffrjockel's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

The course is playing in great shape, fairways are cut, the greens are true and fast, pins placement were awesome

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

This course has the challenge that you need for your golf improvement/skills. I recommend you try it yourself.

"Amazing Layout and Value with Hotdeals"

sburgepmp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018

We started golfing this course once a week with GolfNow Hotdeals after falling in love with it our first round. It is a challenging course with numerous hazards and OB's per hole, winding through forest, meadows and an exquisitely landscaped neighborhood. The fairways are fairly narrow and lined by forest, houses, ponds and bunkers. As a new golfer, my first round on this course I played my entire round with my eight iron, wedge and putter, while my husband, a golfer of forty years, used to golfing far more expensive courses, enjoyed the challenges and incredible value. This course is far from a typical local course as there are only two holes on the entire course that lie side by side. Unlike many switch back style courses, we have even gotten 'lost' a couple of times driving our cart across streets, over bridges and through forested areas in search of the next tees. It's a lovely surprise and change of scenery. We have only golfed this course in the afternoon and have found it in very good shape even after a previously rainy day. The only downside we found here was the driving range, which is irons only and in poor condition. The practice greens are lovely as are the rest of amenities available at the course. If you're preference is pounding your driver down wide open side by side fairways, this course is not for you as you might be buying a window or two by the end of the round; however, if you want to enjoy a stunning day and hone your precision, this is the place!

"Worth the $$$"

jdasher206's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

I played here on an early cheap tee time with cart. The course is playing well, though the greens are brown in spots. However this one is tight and short overall. I could only use my driver on a handful of holes. There are houses down both sides of 80% of the course. Pace of play was great on a Monday A.M. I was focusing on my irons & wedges so it was perfect for that practice.

"Cut some grass!?!!"

elvhus's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018
Previously played Walked Perfect weather

We made a tee time for late morning at a give-away price of $16 walking, $28 with a cart. The drive into the course was pretty against a backdrop of nice homes and well kept streets. The clubhouse is very nice and the staff pleasant.

We checked in for our 18 holes and bought a bucket of balls and proceeded to an extremely neglected, irons-only, driving range to warm up.

I tee'd off the first hole, down the middle of the fairway but could not find my ball in the long grass. The 1st fairway is dry and I saw the ball bounce so I don't think it plugged. I was pleasantly surprised by excellent greens.

After losing 3 balls in the next 8 holes and holding up the group behind us while searching the fairway, we decided not to play the back nine under the current course conditions. Tall grass in the fairways, clumps of grass clippings in even taller grass just off the fairway.

The homes around the course are beautiful with well kept yards. The greens are perfect. It's too bad the tee boxes, fairways and grounds are in such bad shape.

Response from Gleneagle Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gleneagle Golf Course, in the Washington area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

"Poor experienxe"

Ryan4994746's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/18/2018

Got a golf now deal and could only play 9 holes because of a men’s league that was going on. Drove an hour to be disappointed.

Commented on 04/20/2018

Hello, my name is Paul and I'm the GM of Gleneagle. I was also the one who checked you in. I'm sorry you were disappointed but I believe I gave you a free round and cart in the future for both golfers in the group. In the future it is always best to call a golf course to check course conditions (especially in Western Washington in April). We appreciate the 4 star review but to not mention you were taken care of is not the whole story. I hope to see you use your free round and cart this summer after sun has the opportunity to dry courses in the area. Thanks again for playing.

"A good value"

kingfridays's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

This course is a mixed bag. Many fun holes but often homes are right on the course. So golfer be wary. The course was in below normal conditions due to record April rain and I lost 3 balls that plugged. It’s not he fault of the course just Mother Nature.

Long hitters ( like my son not his old man father ) can drive some of the greens. In the summer or drier weather this is a great twilight course.

Very nice putting green and nice staff. Dining is very nice as well.

"Perfect greens, slow pace"

Randall6214766's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

I don't know if there was just one really slow group in front of the group in front of me, or what, but for the first 6 holes, it was a 5 minute wait for every shot. At the turn, neither of the 2 groups in front of me when I started was visible. I think they must have both passed the group that I was following by the time I got to nine. That group didn't go on, and the rest of the round was fantastic.

Some of the fairways had muddy tracks where either some fool tried to take a cart, or else the mower got stuck in the soggy conditions. Other fairways were almost up to prime condition.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2018