Burlington Springs Golf Club

Burlington Springs Golf And Country Club
Light Blue 72 5154 yards 64.2 102
Scorecard for Burlington Springs
Gold M: 73.1/123 370 570 173 442 491 324 344 208 322 3244 315 379 160 560 448 348 373 210 556 3349 6593
Blue M: 70.7/121 366 532 158 404 480 317 337 152 290 3036 307 355 154 525 402 340 351 185 503 3122 6158
White M: 69.2/117 351 495 149 386 470 307 324 142 280 2904 290 324 148 488 384 330 324 162 490 2940 5844
Ladies Blue W: 67.1/113 317 442 145 386 396 290 262 127 236 2601 283 258 139 437 318 312 313 128 418 2606 5207
Red W: 66.9/109 314 438 143 330 392 287 257 125 234 2520 280 256 137 434 315 310 310 125 415 2582 5102

Year Built 1962
Fairways Merion Bluegrass
Greens Penncross Grass
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 15
Architect Larry Bunkowsky (1962)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Improvement

Last time played had problem with staff who must have had someone put him off prior to my playing, same person today very friendly and accommodating

Scenic holes

The clubhouse and kitchen has excellent reception staff, they were very friendly and helpful.

Beautiful country setting

Lovely and green. Course was in great shape.
Enjoyed the round.

never so insulted by owner of any couse in my 49 years of golfing

Played course on Friday with my cousin we were put with another couple who at the 1st tee wanted to play alone, after first hole we understood why they did not play much and did not want to hold anyone up after 1st we went on our way, caught up to first group out , they had no interest in letting a twosome play through so
We skipped a hole, played in 2 hours and twenty minutes,, when we were teeing off on 10th we saw the group we played through teeing off on 7th hole, played course on Sunday and was told not too break up foursome, when aske what was problem Friday’s game was brought up, tried to explain circumstances and was told you don’t like then don’t bother to come back.In all
My year of golfing I never felt so
Humiliated, great customer relations.

Not a bad little track

This course is decent. It’s reasonably priced and has a pretty good layout. It is not fancy by any means, but it’s a decent midrange course. Couple of stupidly placed large trees in the centre of their fairways...greens are a bit slow. But I always have a good time at this course. I’d recommend it as a good place to play with your buddies for a not super serious round.

Slow start better finish

We had a slow start due to beginner golfers but once we played through them the pace was good. Course in fine shape, just wish people would repair ball divets on fairways but especially on greens.

OK

Busy - longer than usual to play but interesting course. One in our group aced the 3rd hole.

Great Course. Great Staff, Almost.

First time we played this course. The course was in great shape and the pace of play was on par with others - 4 hrs & 20 minutes to finish.
Pro Shot staff were EXCELLENT and friendly. The "Almost" comes from the two ladies in the bar/restaurant area, who could use a refresher course in Friendly Customer Service.
Other than than, everything was GREAT! And I would definitely play hear again!

Excellent Course with interesting holes

After very heavy rain the day before the course was in excellent condition. Lots of interesting holes, good pace of play. Friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Ontario Advisor

Excellent Course for the Money

Our two groups played this course early Sunday morning. Although we had a 7:30 tee time, it was already busy. Even so, the pace of play was good. Everyone kept moving and we played each nine in about 2 hours. For our first time, we all had positive things to say about the course and many even wanted to come back next Sunday. Fairways were in good condition, the greens were fast enough with lots of hills and valleys to make it a challenge even if you got to the green in regulation. Staff were all good, if not overly friendly.

Horrible pace of play, no Marshall support

This is a track where beginners come to play. Be ware!
We finished what took 5 hours and 40 minutes to complete the round. This was due to the course sending out 4somes way to fast and rapidly. We followed very slow players in front and in front of them. We saw 3 different “marshalls” driving around on golf carts, doing absolutely nothing! I hope the course isn’t paying them cause they were useless to helping in the pace of play.

Despite the slow play and useless Marshalls, the track was good, great for beginners but had some holes that proved to be challenging

First round at Burlington Springs

Have meant to play here for many years. Wish I had sooner!

Very scenic nicely shaped holes and good variety if lengths. Nice layout of up and down par 4 and 5’s bracketed by par 3 holes. Enough spacing to be comfortable on your hole without worrying about strays or distractions. Distance from green to the next tee is very close on most holes

Very good condition. Many greens are well contoured but I found the greens to be slow

Not real difficult if you are in the fairway. Rough was high and very thick

The have planted young trees between adjacent holes and will be tough when these grow in! For now you get free lifts from these areas

Tee boxes in good shape and well marked. Ladies tees are cohesive to layout and not an afterthought. My wife played with me and found the course ‘delightful’

Marshall by several times and spotted a couple stray shots for us. We were a bit slow ( I had a bad driver day) and he could been more in our faces.

Last a shout out to Iggy and Alex who were very patient with my off game and were great company who were first timers as well

This will be a goto course for us in the future

Burlington Springs

Great course. Lots of fun. Challenging greens. My only complaint is considering how hot it was the drink cart only come around once. I thought they should have been out with water and Gatorade at least before the time they could sell alcohol.

Beauty in Burlington

I have the week off so decided to get in an early morning round before 8am on my own. Arrived 10 minutes early and was introduced to my playing partners. No hassle and staff is always very friendly. The greens are in excellent condition given how dry it's been. They're also tricky with some sever slopes so first timers will have a lot to learn. The tee boxes are in great shape unlike several other courses I've played this summer. Fairways are in great shape and fairly generous. Once the new trees grow in a few years, the course will be much more picturesque and challenging. Love this course for the value and conditions.

Not Worth It

After Showing up to the course, we were told that there was a men's league playing behind us and that the owner was in the group directly behind us.

After play at a faster than normal pace we were told by a marshal to play off the forward tees. 3 out of 4 of our group drive on average around 220-230 so needless to say we were surprised by this but did as they asked and played from the forward tees anyways.

The entire game we were behind another group and the whole course was backed up so we constantly were dealing with the group behind us throwing a tantrum and acting inconvenienced by our lack of speed. We were urged to play while we repeatedly told marshals that we weren't comfortable hitting yet. One member in our group hit a drive right beside the group ahead of us after we were told to play and needless to say that didn't go over well and I don't blame them.

The course was uninteresting and repetitive and the sight lines were terrible for playing safely with such a busy course.

There are a lot of great options in this area other than this course. Needless to say I won't be playing here again.

Hamilton, Ontario

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!