Hidden Lake Golf Club - New Course

Year Built 1979
Golf Season Mar 15 to Dec 15

Playing Multiple Courses 21

Over Priced

Have wanted to play this course for years and yesterday was my first time playing. Gentleman in the pro shop treated us like he could care less about servicing us with a smile. Driving range was decent and provided a decent warm up. Over all the course design provided some good challenges, but the maintenance of the course was sub-par, particularly bunkers, tee boxes and fairways. Paid $89.00 to play, but course played like a $49.00 course. There are many courses that provide a much better value, locally. Will not be golfing this course again.

Commented On 09/10/2019

Hi JimVanRyn. Thanks for taking the time to review your recent round.

We are disappointed to hear your experience did met your expectations and we would like an opportunity to improve upon that for another visit. Please check our Special Offers page for our best rates.

Great place

My original booking was for the Old course but due to the rest of the 3 some not showing up the starter asked if i would mind to play the New course with a couple that just showed up a little late.I said that was great i am glad that this happened as the three of us had a great time. The starter asked if i had played this course before when i said no he gave me some tips about the course. I will say this all the staff that i del't with today were top notch this is an awesome golf course and will surely be back thanks for a great day.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Hi gorfme.

Thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the round, and hope to see you back again soon!

Great Round Today

Played 3 rounds today. 1 round on the New course 2 on the Old. All were great. First time in a long time I have seen Marshall's completely on point. Course was in great condition, greens were rolling really well. Love this course and the staff. GREAT DAY OF GOLF!!!

Commented On 09/03/2019

Hi Steveborisenko.

Thanks for the 5 star review! We are glad to hear of the positivity from your recent round(s)

We hope to see you back again soon!

Excellent course

Great layout. Provides a mix of easy and more challenging holes. The two par 3s that cross ponds are simply gorgeous. IMO, one the top five courses in Ontario, and I do have played pretty nice public and private courses in the GTA area.

Commented On 08/16/2019

Hi adnannzee. Thanks for the 5 star review!

We really appreciate the kind words and to hear of your positive experience. We can't wait to host you again soon.

Commented On 08/16/2019

Hi Vucina. Thanks for taking the time tor review your recent round.

We are pleased to know it was a positive experience. We hope to see you back again soon!

We booked at Hidden Lake especially to play with our friends..a couple who we hadn't seen in a while. We received an email confirmation and were excited as we hadn't played here before.

Then SEVEN hours later, we received a second email stating our tee time was moved to over 40 minutes later. We were now booked with 2 other people......not our friends.

I called the golf course and received no assistance AT ALL. Very bad, hands-off attitude. The would / could not help us. They explained that they could not just move someone else so we could golfwith our friends yet they did that to us!!!

Will NEVER play at that course.

Commented On 07/19/2019

Hi PEIgirl. Thanks for taking the time to review your round.

I am disappointed to hear of the poor booking experience. I would be pleased to look into this further and ensure we make-up for the situation - I can be emailed at djohnstone@clublink.ca to discuss.

From afar it looks like your tee time was booked online by our booking technology, however if the time cannot be confirmed you are automatically moved to the next available tee time. This is very rare, as only occurs if multiple times are booked simultaneously.

Unfortunately the pro shop wouldn't be able to move tee times around, unless your friend's group agreed to move to the new tee time provided. I wanted to confirm you and your friend groups were booked separately? As we would never move a partial group - I hope we can make the situation right.

I hope to hear from you via email at djohnstone@clublink.ca

Hi Mike.

Thanks for the positive review, we are glad to know you enjoyed your recent round with us - we hope to see you back again soon!

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hi Mike. Thanks for the positive review. We hope to see you again soon!

Good course for recreational golfers - but bring your water!

I played it with a few guys who, like myself, had not played much over the last year or so. The course is well-maintained, excellent soft fairways that are very wide and forgiving on most holes. Excellent greens, plenty of typography to keep you challenged, but well-maintained and excellent to play on. We played the new course, which I’m told is much easier than the old course which is more tree lined..There are water hazards on the new course, I found them twice! My only gripe? No water fountains and no opportunity to fill your water bottle the whole way around. It was very hot & humid the day we played, and we very quickly got very dehydrated as we were walking the course. For a course of this cost and nature, you should to be able to access drinking water without having to buy overpriced bottled water at the halfway house. Other than that, a great round. Good food and beet at the 19th (although the server girl didn’t know what lager was!) I’d recommend Hidden Lakes new course if you’re trying to blow out the cobwebs having not played for a while.or playing with infrequent golfers. We enjoyed our round and will be back!

Commented On 07/12/2019

Hi irishboy1972. Thanks for taking the time to review your recent round with us - and for the positive comments.

We will certainly review our water availability on the course with the operations team - we are glad to know you enjoyed the course otherwise, and hope to see you back again soon!

Commented On 07/12/2019

Thanks for the positive review and the kind comments on our conditions.

We hope to see you back again in the near future.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for the 4 star review! We are glad to know you enjoyed the round , we hope to see you again soon!

Course in decent shape considering all of the rain. Did a twilight round but unfortunately there were two elder 4somes in front of me, so I ended up skipping a few holes and getting 16 total holes in before dark. Course is of moderate difficulty.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience, and for the positive 5 star review!

Sorry to hear you didn't finish those last 2 holes but hope you are able to make it out before twilight and you get to the see the full 18 holes, along with our 2nd course. We hope to host you again soon.

5 SOMES

Gary, from the pro shop called me in the morning for my 12:09 tee time to inform me carts won't be going out. That, was good customer service and I told him I appreciated his call.
What I didn't like was following a 5-some from the 11th hole on. It was a busy day and NO NEED TO DO THAT.

Not impressed at all. 11:51 and 12;00 tee times joined together on #11.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Hi Peter. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience.

We are disappointed to hear that another group that didn't follow the clubs policy disrupted your enjoyed of your round. Although we can't always catch these instances, never hesitate to reach out to our proshop to inform of instances so we can ensure it is rectified.

Otherwise, we are happy to hear of Gary's customer service. We certainly hope to hear of a return visit in the near visit for another enjoyable round!

Commented On 05/08/2019

Hi cbfoto. Thanks for the positive review.

If there is ever anything we could do to enhance your experience, please don't hesitate to let us know.

We hope to see you back for another round , soon!

I didn’t play. It was closed due to weather

I didn’t play. It was closed to to weather. Please ensure I don’t get charged. Thanks.

Windy, Cold and leaves everywhere

I matched up with two guys and had a great time. It was cool, windy and the leaves were flying. Luckily, the company made the day. Greens were very quick especially for October 19th......Thanks Club Link for keeping the greens good till now...

Commented On 10/24/2018

Hi Peter8082127. Thanks for another great review.

Glad to hear the greens were fantastic, hope to see you back out again.

Not bad for October

Hi, the greens were surprisingly quick. It was 12C or 53F. Pace was a tad slow but I understand the forecast is not good for the next week Hidden Lakes New will be punching the greens on the 22 of this month.......................

Commented On 10/24/2018

Hi Peter8082127. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us.

We are glad you were able to join us for some Fall Golf, and even more so you enjoyed it. We hope to see you back again before the snow falls.

Tee blocks offer a challenge for all levels.

Always an enjoyable experience. One complaint would be the condition of some tees and tee blocks pointing in the wrong direction!

Commented On 10/01/2018

Hi Leehogan. Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with us.

We are glad you had a positive experience, and we appreciate your feedback. We will pass along your recommendation to our Greens Crew. Hope to see you back again, soon.

Great Service / Pace of Play

Not the first time here at Hidden Lake, but it was scorching hot so maybe not as busy. Starter got us off early and we played in 3:15. Unheard of for public golf. Marshall dropped off ice cold water bottles...great touch. Pro shop staff was friendly too. Course is a bit beat up, but greens still fast and rough was super tough.

Commented On 08/31/2018

Hi johnlanthier. Thanks for the positive review.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the course, and the customer experience was enhanced by our team. We look forward to hosting you again, soon.

Commented On 08/31/2018

Hi Mike4324447.

Thanks for the positive review. We look forward to hosting you for another round, soon.

Valid dates: Sep 16, 2019 - Mar 31, 2020