The Golf Club at Twin Creeks
Scorecard for The Golf Club At Twin Creeks
Gold M: 72.1/122 336 162 439 505 352 157 548 412 421 3332 555 383 189 470 346 530 215 413 407 3508 6840
Blue M: 70.1/125 313 149 405 458 330 133 514 381 385 3068 516 349 176 437 315 485 190 378 374 3220 6288
White M: 66.7/112 W: 72.4/120 274 136 384 405 277 116 491 348 330 2761 463 309 156 396 272 436 170 357 331 2890 5651
Red M: 62.6/102 W: 66.5/105 218 96 303 366 232 89 369 291 289 2253 388 252 121 304 237 369 116 303 259 2349 4602

Year Built 1995
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1995) Ed Seay (1995) MacCurrach Golf (1995)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Twin Creeks Junior Academy"
Practice Hole Yes

Nice but expensive

Course is in great shape but probably won’t come back until I get a better deal. Paid $60

The bridge was being repaired, but the course was in great shape. The starter was great and and made us feel welcome.

fast greens, slow play

The course was in decent condition with all the rain.
All play is starting on hole #9, then proceeding to the back nine, then the front holes 1-8. A little confusing at the start, but they had a bridge out between holes 8-9 and that's how they solved for it.
No sand on the carts to repair fairway divots. Lots of roll on the fairways. Rough/1st cut is non-existent,and a lot of crazy bounces off the hills, especially bordering the edges of the fairway to make your ball flirt with the OB stakes. The greens were surprisingly fast given all the recent rain we've had, while at the same time, holding approach shots.
HOWEVER...
A 2-some jumped in front of us @ the beginning, lied to the starter and told him he was me, and they went of early. Unfortunately, we caught up to them about the 3rd hole. The 2-some became a 4-some, then a 5-some of guys playing off both the blue and white tees. WE WAITED EVERY SHOT...
After the turn from the back nine to #1, they finally split back into a 3-some (from the blues) and a 2-some (from the whites). The guys playing off the whites waited until the group in front of t hem was on the green to tee off - even on the par 5's.
Speaking of teed off, there were AT LEAST 2 holes open in front of them (that I could see & verify - most likely more!)
Then, to cap it all off, a couple of kids, fishing poles in hand, walked back and forth along the cart path on the last hole (#8) in front of the tee boxes and the pond along the left side of the fairway and gave us some gestures when we shouted "fore" to alert them we were ready to hit. We reported them to the pro shop after play.
Overall, a decent value, but with a marshal on the course speeding up play, we could have finished at least an hour earlier. Because of that, taking this course off our list for the summer, may try back again after Labor Day.

Scary Reviews

So I booked this round being scared of the reviews but decided what the heck it’s an Arnold Palmer design. First off, the course is in good shape and I had no issues aside from some bunkers being very fluffy and packed with sand. A little overkill but nothing too major. The greens rolled amazingly well and while there really wasn’t much rough there was a few tricky lies encountered. Pace of play is the major issue here. My group made it around in a little over 4.5 hours, but there were a lot of groups out and you have to start on hole 9 which really makes pace of play get off to a rough start. I probably won’t be back to this course for awhile due to that, but I really enjoyed he layout and the quick, true rolling greens.

Room for improvement

Course was in good shape...pro shop was less than helpful. Ball was picked up during round by grounds crew. Also, grrounds crew was working on back nine hole and were rude, talking in our swings, walking in front of our shots. We yelled to get their attention.

Fix the small things

90 degrees, weekend play, and water jugs where empty @ 3pm, even some ball washers., oh and the carts brake hold did not work.

Love the course- only able to play 12 holes in 4 hours

A marshall was definitely needed yesterday as we teed off at 2:37- for some reason we had to tee off on the 9th hole and finish on 8 (if we would've been able to finish). It was backed up from the very beginning, so we had to wait at the 9th green for the group 2 groups ahead to finish the hole. Drive against the group in front of us after they teed off, and then feel rushed as there were 2 groups behind us waiting there with us. Driving range was closed due to the rain Saturday but that's part of golf. I love the layout of this course and it's in solid condition, but for it to take 4 hours to play 12 holes was beyond me. Come to find out there was a fivesome walking 3-4 groups ahead. Pretty much everybody decided to call it a day early at some point, so we finally did the same after #2. Hadn't played here in over a year because it's hard to justify the normal cost, so we finally got a deal online and now I know why they had a reduced price that day.

Need a marshall

I had a good round altogether. The course is in good shape. But we were stuck behind a sixsome(!) that had no intention of letting us through and no marshall.

You get what You pay for

Course was in horrible shape, bunkers not raked in weeks, used and broken tees on the tee boxes from moths of play, newly sodded grass dead or dying in almost every new area that it was planted, weeds not cut, grass left to run wherever it wanted to and not trimmed.
This is a weekend beer guzzling hackers course, not a course meant for someone who wants to have a round of golf on a nice course and play to their best ability.
It looks like its on its way out and they are just trying to make as much money as they can before it goes under.

Pace of play was extremely slow. Always go on as a "Single". Can never get a cart for myself, nor when I first arrive at the course. Guess the are short on carts.

Pace of play

Course is good but took 1.5 hours to play 4 holes. You gotta get that under control.

Golf now over charged

I modified my reservation for. 4 to 2 players a week prior golf now still charged for 4 players I’ll call tomorrow Md see if I can get refunded

Needs attention

This golf course needs some much needed TLC on the details of the course. This used to be the greenest courses in the area. The par 3 tee boxes have poorly maintained. The fairways were in decent condition but the run up to the greens look like they've been washed and are dirt. The greens needed water badly. The price we paid wasn't warranted for how poorly the course was in. With the current shape of the course, $35 will be in more line to charge. Also for safety reasons, there needed to be two rangers coordinating the start of the rounds.

Valid dates: Jul 11, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Stay and play our course, awarded Four Star “Best Places to Play” and Top 50 Service Facility by Golf Digest.