Twin Creeks Golf Course

• (972) 390-8888, (972) 390-9428
  • www.twincreeksgolf.com
Write Review

Year built: 1995
Architect(s): Arnold Palmer (1995), Ed Seay (1995)
Type: Semi-Private
Greens: Bentgrass
Fairways: Bermuda grass

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is in the 'burbs convenient to the city worth the drive   Great for locals seniors beginners   Challenges include water hazards bunkers undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Twin Creeks Needs a Little Work"

mwrmmr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I played Twin Creeks before it went south prior to Arcis Golf purchasing it. The poor conditions were the reason that I had not been back to play in a couple years. It has gotten better with the new ownership, but it does need some TLC. To begin with from the tee box through the fairways they need more turf management. Although it is Spring in North Texas and the grrass has not come completely back it is lacking at Twin Creeks. The hard clay soil underneath makes growing conditions tough and there are a lot of hard pan lies even in the fairways. There is little rough to speak of and I attribute that to the difficult turf conditions. The greens were okay, but nobody fixes ball marks and there are just too many to count. The greens are firm and if cut right they can be fast, but you also run the risk of losing the grass.

The course itself is a pretty good layout with some challenging holes albeit a few quirky ones as well. The course has tons of potential, but it would cost a pretty penny to do it. All in all it's still a good track, it just has some challenges.

"Better options"

jlmejia24's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

There are far better courses for the same or just a little more in price all within 10 miles of this course. Not necessarily a beginners course but seems like this course has seen its better days.

"Awesome Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Great course for all skill levels. A nice variety of hazards (but fair) mixed with beautiful scenery. Will definitely play here many more times.

tanderson's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Slightly better than a goat ranch but not much. Greens were in rough shape.

"Arnie would have been embarrassed!"

pguy's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

I assumed a Palmer designed course would be nice no matter where it was.. I was wrong. This course needs work...A LOT OF WORK!...Luckily, I only paid $18 for a hot deal rather than the normal $35...but I'm trying to justify the $18 right now. Terrible shape fairways and greens. Hardly any sand in bunkers. Look elsewhere!

"Not for serious golfers"

jcook1313's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

This course has been thru some very rough times over the last few years. It shows. All appearances indicate the owners don't want to put any money into the course. Broken carts, bent flagsticks, paths in disrepair, and angry employees were evident.

It's a shame, this is a good layout with some challenging holes. Now the fairways and rough are washed out and it just looks very drab. The hailstorm two days prior had torn up the greens, which would have been the best part of the course. They were ok even with craters everywhere. The rest of the course was mediocre at the very best.

If you are a serious golfer, I would not recommend playing here. I think lots of duffers and buddy games can enjoy it here, but it is not a must play by any means. I went in with low expectations and sad to say, they were met.

"Twin Creeks weekend pace"

tslechten's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Be aware that the weekend pace was 3 hours for 9 holes. My tee time was at 11:22am on Saturday.

Luis1788353's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2018

"Nice course"

Darrell9241275's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2018

The course was really nice and the pace of play was great. The green were a little patchy but other than that it was great. The Practice Facilities were very good.

"Cluster &%$# Saturday"

rednab's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

I love Twin Creeks. The course is in great condition for winter golf. Unfortunately, on Saturday afternoon, it seems the staff had abandoned the course. I found one young man working and he had seemingly lost control of everything. First off, it appears they were overbooked and running behind. There were also no golf carts available. Whole groups of people were waiting in line for golf carts (never seen this in 10 years of golfing). One group of young golfers went out into the parking lot to grab carts from people who were leaving, out of turn. Then that same group went off the first tee ahead of everyone else that was waiting that had earlier tee times. It was like the inmates were running the asylum. There was no starter at the first tee. I don't know where the manager or the rest of the employees were, but for the 40 minutes I was there before my tee time, I only saw the one guy. There were lots of angry folks out there due to this situation. Due to this situation and some slow play, I was only able to get 14 holes in before it got too dark to play.

"Some things never change"

Gregg5595861's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

Well, I arrived an hour before my tee time wanting to warm up but they were out of range balls so I was only able to get about a dozen or so swings in before my tee time, and as normal they were out of carts as they’ve never replaced all the broken down ones in the back of the cart barn. Pace of play was 6+ hours on a Saturday but that’s not unusual here. One reason was the twosome I was paired up with(who checked in right before I did) never showed up for our tee time so i let 2 foursomes go through to find a threesome to join (of course I called the pro shop from the first tee and they had no idea where the missingtwosome was, no effort to contact them either) then while my group was finishing up the first hole the missing pair cut in front of the 2 groups that I let go through and further backed up play. Never saw a Marshall all day and saw the cart girl only once and that was on hole #2. The only reason i played here was the fact that it’s close to my house, certainly not the cheapest or the best course nearby and it for sure won’t be on my list to play again until it’s either sold again or goes bankrupt. Not a bad track but not maintained for years

"Absolutely Nothing Good to Say"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

The round today was an absolute beating. Got to the course today 45 minutes early to get settled in and warm up. For the first time ever in my life of golfing we had to wait 20 minutes for a cart. Abviously, this left us very little time to complete a proper warmup...not a huge deal but still an inconvenience. Finished hole one and moved on to #2 and joined the 3 other groups on the hole . It was weird but didn’t really think anything of it as it was a par 3 and some delays should be expected. For the next 4 holes we were greeted with same scenario. One group on the green, one in the fairway, one on the tee box, and then us waiting on deck. It took us 2.5 hours to play the first 4 holes. Multiple groups, including ours, called the pro shop to see if they could send a marshal out to sort through the situation...nothing. I will say the pace eventually sped up around hole 7. The course was in horrible shape. It’s very evident the course must have completely flooded with all the rain we had a few weeks ago. The customer service was not good at all. Check in was not smooth. Didn’t see a beverage cart all day. Pro shop was not concerned with the pace of play issues. This seems petty but the snack bar was out of hotdogs...I needed something very quick and easy to eat so I didn’t contribute to the pace of play issues and they were out...what golf course runs out of hot dogs on a Saturday. Anyway, with all the options we have in DFW for really good golf it a shame to see this. We will most definitely NEVER be back. Save your time and money and play somewhere else.

jerrisvh18's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2018

"Sssssssllllllloooooooowwwwww!"

Carnzi's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

20 min wait to tee off; 5+ hour round. Stacked 2-3 deep at every tee box. Kind of hard to get in any kind of rhythm when you are waiting 12+ minutes at every tee box. Should be expected with 7 minute tee time intervals. Spring is bringing course into decent shape; most bunkers are in rough shape due to recent heavy rains. Carts are getting kinda worn out & tired... I think corporate management has been detrimental to this track!

"Refund"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/02/2018

The course was closed on March 2, due to flooding. How do I get my service fee refunded?

"Great day"

Luis1788353's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2018

Excellent pace, beside the links conditions due to the pass raining days.

Ryosuke4231108's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

"Great Layout"

ksucats96's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/08/2018

Really enjoyed the course. The layout was good. Not a long course, but fair. I was a single joining a twosome to make a threesome. Caught the foursome in front of us on hole 8, it was pretty slow from then on. The greens were in good shape and rolled true. The tee boxes and fairways were dormant, but looking forward to going back when it warms up.

KMead's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/28/2018

"Windy Day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2018

Course was in great shape! We had a tough round hitting into the wind but, we were playing golf!!