Style Links
Savannah Golf Links

Year Built 1998
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 15
Architect David Moote (1998)

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Showers, Lockers

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Canada (2019 #10)

Awesome course

This course is in the best condition out of the courses I Have played in the tri cities area. Greens and fairways were immaculate. Very challenging course, tight fairways, super tricky greens getting par you felt good. Pace of play was a bit of an issue however it was not terrible, just need a Marshall to encourage a scramble for some groups or teach them how to play ready golf! Very pleased with the price I paid on golfnow for a hotdeal with a cart.

Lovely layout

Fun layout to challenge your game. Conditions wonderful.

worst golf experience this year.

Had the worst experience today golfing. I've golfed this year over 50 times and this course was the worst. We booked a tee time for 3 guys, one of the marshals came upto us while playing on the 8th hole and told us to speed it up after only 1.5 hours into the front 9. The regulars behind us were driving golf balls before we were even on the putting green. My friend got hit rite in the leg, We told the marshal and he laughed at us and told us we should play faster so that doesn't happen. After that we were harassed by the Marshall watching us play the whole back 9 and would follow us in his cart. Put pressure on us to play fast. were not coming back here to play. Very rude people who only cater to the golf members. We were treated like trash.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Okay George, let's talk. First of all you booked for 4 players, showed up with only 3. Your buddy came into the pro shop wearing CUT-OFF jogging shorts! I politely asked him to choose a more suitable option in the future. He responded with "it's never been an issue at the other golf courses."
By the 7th green you had fallen 2 holes behind the group that started directly in front of you! I know this because it was 2 hours and 5 minutes into your round when I approached you on the 7th green (a far cry from 1.5 hours on hole 8 like you would have everyone believe).
During our discussion you mentioned that the group behind you had hit into you (nothing about actually being hit, not sure what to believe at this point).
Seeing that you guys were struggling I offered to give you a full rain check at this time so that you could give us a try on another day but your friend (jogging shorts guy) swore at me and continued on towards the 8th tee.
The group behind you made their way to the 7th green. I asked them to give you a little distance as you had mentioned they may have hit into you at some point - they seemed shocked at the accusation but obliged.
The marshal will only follow the groups that need to be watched. If you follow the rules and play according to our time par, you will never see him/her. If you need to be watched, they will make it very evident that they are there. That is their job!
I'm not sure where you've played your 50 rounds this year but a place that tolerates 5+ hour rounds and allows jogging shorts as part of their dress code is not a place I'd want to be playing. Stay Safe!

Stay Away

Had a horrible experience at Savannah this past week. One of the least organized places that I have ever been to and the pro shop staff was extremely rude. The course itself was in good condition and the price was low but that does not give the staff an excuse to forego any type of customer service. The Head Pro intentionally cancelled one of my tee times and refused to accept blame for doing so.

Commented on 08/21/2020

It would be nice if you would just admit that you cancelled one of our tee times based on the lack of communication in the Pro Shop. Because of this, none of our groups were able to go out at their set tee times as the Starter tried valiantly to make up time for the tee time that you cancelled.
An apology and admitting that you made a mistake would have been sufficient; comping a future round would have been a nice touch. Instead you have continued your arrogance and pompous attitude and even threatened me over the phone.
Also, based on your comments on other negative reviews, I can see that your lack of customer service is not uncommon.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Mike, the only issue we had was that your last group showed up late and then refused to play behind a "public group." Period. If your players were here on time there would have been no issue. Period. We had to maintain our busy schedule by sending the next group who was ready at the time out to the tee. It was your group who was disorganised, not us. We run a tight ship and must maintain a busy schedule every day. The only other option would have been to push back 60 ish players for an undetermined amount of time waiting for your last group to appear...does that sound more organised? You then suggested that I give away free rounds for the players who showed up late....really???
In summary, we were never rude (trust me, I was there), we were totally organised (your group was late, we were always on time), no, you can't have free passes for your late players, and yes, the course is a great value and in superb shape...Thanks! Chris

Amazing course

The course is well maintained. The staff are helpful and friendly. Overall, it was an amazing experience.

Nice moderate challenge in really good shape

Certainly not the longest or most difficult but you get to use every club and is a fun round of golf.

Swap the Nines?

Great course, great value. Target golf and a little tight...have to hit spots (unfortunately I didn't and my score shows)....thought I had while playing- they should switch the nines on this course. 2 is a bear at 600+, 4 is much more difficult than it looks and in general the front is a much tougher test. Too many times while playing here I am on the way to shoot a million after the first few holes. No idea if this is feasible, but (at least I, for one) would prefer to see those holes anywhere but off the bat! All in all though, this is a beauty!

Commented on 07/14/2020

Thank you so much for the glowing review and the kudos!

Yes, I agree, the golf course would be better suited having the back 9 as the front 9 and vice versa. Unfortunately, proximity to the putting green and routing around the clubhouse make this a difficult task.

Thanks again for your kind words and suggestion!

See you again,
Chris

lack of amenities

Didn't like that there was no water or beer cart people on the course. It's been one of the hottest summers on record. No food to offer other than day old sandwiches.

Commented on 08/20/2020

Hello, yes, I agree, lack of the beverage cart continues to be an issue here at Savannah. In the past few weeks we have been managing to get it out on the weekends.
Yes, we are also not open in the restaurant for items other than hot dogs, sausages or sandwiches.
However, the sandwiches are fantastic and made fresh every day! Chris

Dundas, Ontario