Style Parkland
Scorecard for Sutton Creek Golf & Country Club
Gold M: 72.8/134 540 326 332 371 164 369 490 133 461 3186 418 404 555 222 418 424 172 404 489 3506 6692
Bue M: 71.9/127 512 297 301 348 151 350 458 124 428 2969 396 387 541 204 387 384 162 377 448 3286 6255
White M: 69.4/123 W: 72.8/134 490 283 277 306 128 332 433 115 395 2759 378 373 527 186 367 348 152 344 424 3099 5858
Red M: 66.3/118 W: 71.3/124 430 247 231 273 119 303 419 106 370 2498 362 362 462 150 339 300 135 302 384 2796 5294

Year Built 1990
Golf Season May 1 to Oct 30
Architect Bruce Matthews III

Nothing Special

Not a bad course with the renovations certainly making it better but still not great. Layout of the course is very silly and you end up keeping driver in the bag for most of the round. Greens not very fast but rolled fairly true. Good part about this course is that you get a decent experience for the price you pay

Sutton Creek - a little gem

One of the best value courses for the money. Renovations have certainly improved the course aesthetically as well as play. Next to Ambassador this course is the best around, some challenging holes, typically fast greens and is usually in above average condition, regardless of time of year

great course

One of the best around here. Course in great condition

Great layout

Course was in great condition. Very good layout. Tees, fairways, and greens in great condition.

Challenging!

Great course, challenging strategic tee shots must be made on most holes. If you hit your tee shot in the long whispy grass, you'll never find it. Expect to lose a few balls. Hitting the fairways is a must on this course, or else you'll have a bunch of bogie's or worse on the card. I'm a 6 handicap and I've played some great rounds there and also horrible rounds. Overall, it's a very nice maintained course. Found a hot deal on GolfNow and saved 55%!

Fun Course

The course is in good Condition. Its not a bombers paradise though, you need plot your way around this course.

Course in Great shape

Enjoyed our round of golf. We were a foursome and played 18 in just over 4 hours. Greens and overall course conditions very good for this time of year. Would play again, all 4 of us enjoyed our round.

Disappointed

I must preface my review with I normally enjoy Sutton Creek. It is a nice track, interesting layout...a shot makers course.
However, my round yesterday was not that at all. Unusually slow greens (not the norm) was the straw that broke the camels back. Even a discounted rate wasn't enough of being put on a course after a small scramble tourney with a lot of reckless and intoxicated people that don't comprehend simple etiquette (no marshall presence). A 5.5 hour round in 90° heat took any joy of playing golf on this day.

Tom Fenech

Every enjoyable round.The course was in fantastic shape and staff were very helpful.

great condition

Fareways and greens in excellent condition. Course was wet but still played well.

Awesome course

Amazing conditions. Plays tough. Great people. Always a good place to play

Enjoy Sutton Creek

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Course was in superb condition, greens smooth and quick. Rough was of medium length and best to be avoided. Sand bunkers had quality sand that make splash shots easier than at most courses. Water and hazard areas on most holes rewards precision shots. A good challenge for the high to medium handicapper. Highly recommended.

great shape

course was in great shape greens good staff friendly and teed up with a couple members felt rate at home great day of golf

Nice place in Essex County

Overall it's a good somewhat challenging course. The good was great afterwards the chicken cordon bleu sandwich was delicious

Poor weather

well maintained

great course great value with hot deal
course is challenging and fun and very well maintained

great course

Well worth the money to play this course. Pace of play was a little slow but overall enjoyable

Beware of 8-Somes

Had to write a review on this course this time. Before I tear it up, my buddy and myself were planning on getting memberships at this course next year. It's a very good course for the area. Needless to say we won't be now and will avoid playing this course at all costs. We were playing this course 2 to 3 times weekly through golf now up to this point but had enough. As we tee'd off yesterday, we were met by the group in front of us warning us two groups on front of us were walking and all woman and extremely slow. No biggie. However there is no Marshall for any kind of pace of play. As we played the round we took our time, that's all we had as every shot we waited at least 5 minutes before hitting the next one patiently. As we carried on our round we noticed two different groups playing in a 5-some. Ridiculous no wonder it's slowing the course down to a snails pace. It was so bad a nice older gentleman walking behind us jumped from playing 7 and headed to 17 instead to try to jump onto the back 9 and try to avoid this ridiculous mess. As we play the back 9, we see something we have never seen before, AN 8-some (EIGHTSOME) yes that is 4 carts and 2 people in each cart all playing together. We've never seen anything like this nor did we know this was even possible. One last comment is a worker out there named ted, was extremely grumpy on a numerous amount of occasions on dealing with us. In one case in particular, he snapped on me for taking a cart he had set up for a course later that day. How was I supposed to know? All he had to say is I'll grab you another one. Or simply replace the one I took with another. There are many other great staff there including the friendly youngsters offering to clean your clubs after the round. We both really liked the course, up until the 5.5 hour round we played yesterday. They are putting a ton of money and work into this couse since the new ownership. It's too bad they can't afford a Marshall at the price of free golf rounds for a retiree.

above average

Great course to play. Liked the friendly staff, and enjoyed the peeple that I was paired up with.

Sutton Creek - All Around Terrific

First time playing Sutton Creek and would definitely play it again. In very good shape from tee to green. Friendly staff. Very playable. Nothing "tricky". Greens were very nice to putt, ball rolled well and are not severely sloped at all.

Poor weather

good course conditions

was raining asked for rain check at nine but they said no so I quit at nine

Valid dates: Aug 15, 2019 - Aug 31, 2020