Type Semi-Private/Resort
Scorecard for Muskoka Bay Club
Black M: 76.8/148 441 215 424 349 547 222 442 524 423 3587 446 180 569 413 588 452 457 214 461 3780 7367
Gold M: 74.4/143 392 181 399 319 516 203 409 494 390 3303 408 173 539 370 560 445 440 182 429 3546 6849
Blue M: 71.6/137 W: 77.9/150 368 147 393 303 479 123 362 471 369 3015 395 147 524 345 523 418 406 175 404 3337 6352
Blue/White M: 70.2/129 W: 76.1/131 346 147 393 303 439 123 362 471 343 2927 395 147 524 345 458 357 353 175 404 3158 6085
White M: 68.5/125 W: 74.4/143 346 141 367 278 439 117 345 442 343 2818 362 135 454 338 458 357 353 137 377 2971 5789
White/Red M: 67.3/123 W: 72.2/135 257 141 276 213 392 117 345 442 298 2481 346 115 454 338 403 315 353 124 369 2817 5298
Red M: 65.2/119 W: 70.3/131 257 138 276 213 392 102 253 358 298 2287 346 115 446 274 403 315 302 124 369 2694 4981

Year Built 2007
Golf Season May - October
Architect Doug Carrick (2007)

Carts Yes - included in green fee
Pull-carts No

Amazing Food 2
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 3

Lots of interesting holes

Muskoka Bay is a really interesting and challenging course to play. Lots of elevation changes, doglegs, hazards, etc all lend themselves to the player having to plan shots out and really get creative. The course was in near-perfect condition - there was one tee box on the back nine that was very hard and dry (it was an elevated box in a very strange location...), but everything else was great. The track rewards accuracy, but there's so much variety you can have lots of fun no matter your skill level.
Course Layout Good

Expensive but worth it

Dramatic course on the Canadian Shield. Challenging variety of tee elevations and hole layouts. Fairways generous, but dense forest and undergrowth lurking if you stray. Greens are 5-6000sq ft+, lots of movement and very quick when I played it. Very expensive, but worth the money. People I played with said there are 4 other courses in the area of comparable conditions. Not a course for walkers, some long distances between greens and nest tees and lots of elevation changes.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Excellent

18 hole-signature course - WOW!

Ever wanted to play a course which offers almost 18 signature holes? If so you must play this course. Conditions were just perfect. We played on a hot day up in the 90's. The fairways were pristine, the greens as well. This course is quite challenging, lot's of elevation changes, don't plan to walk it. It's so pitoresque that you might take multiple pictures on every single hole. Doug Carrick did a great job here designing this gem. It's not cheap but e.g. compared to Eagles Nest, also a Doug Carrick design, it's way better. There's nothing to complain except that we didn't get a table at the restaurant since they were hosting a wedding. Nothing really bad to complain. Welcome at the proshop was nice, starter instructions well done. When we played there weren't too many players on the course so pace of play was excellent. Again, it's just fantastic, i strongly recommend that course and will retrun soon again.
Course Layout Excellent

Worth the money?

Highest rated public course in the province, of course it comes with a hefty price. I'll get to that in a sec. I questioned the design many times throughout the round. Carrick set it up so almost every tee shot is elevated, yes this creates very fun shots and great views, but it also throws off the routing. The course was pristine, as it better be. This is a very fun course but it is definitely not worth the green fee, I've played many better courses throughout the states for less, muskoka green fees as well as gat green fees are ridiculous and need to be reevaluated as these courses are mediocre when you compare them to other courses in this price range
Staff Friendliness Fair
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average

The Best I've played.

I won't go into too much detail but this is the best course I've ever played. I don't understand the negative reviews. Mind you the green fees are VERY high but this is rated one of the top courses in the country. After playing it, I'd tend to agree. I love elevation changes and just about every hole is a post card. The way the course is carved through a forest with the exposed rock of the Canadian shield. We went late afternoon so we seen a fox and some dear and a beaver. One par 3 you hit over water and a Beaver hut! Ya, so I also noticed some unrepaired divet marks on the fairway. Didn't bother me a bit. Everything else was perfect. Yep, very quick greens. I thought the staff was very friendly. Again we lucked out, we were the only people on the course. I'd rate it like 4.7 to 5.

Muskoka Bay: Pretty but tough

When Score Golf magazine - the golf bible in Canada, as far as I'm concerned - ranks Muskoka Bay among the top 10 courses in the country, that sets an incredibly high bar. As much as I enjoyed the course and thought it was beautiful, I couldn't help but compare it to a "top 10" experience in America. It just wouldn't quite measure up. A top 50 American public experience maybe. There's no single hole or one stretch of golf that leaves you breathless or that you'll remember forever. It's stereotypical Muskoka golf - rocks, rugged terrain, thick forests and wetlands - from start to finish. The day I played was particularly cold and damp, so the ball didn't fly at all. Maybe I'll have a better impression next time I play on a perfect Muskoka summer day. It's a perfectly good club and course but something's missing for it to be great.
Quality of food & beverage Good
Course Conditions Good
Value for the Money Average

Most amazing round of my life to date - picturesque from beginning to the end

Every hole on this course was like a painting. I enjoyed every last inch of it. I have tons of WOW to share with anyone looking for a beautiful place to visit in the fall. It's simply stunning to see all the fall colors. For those of you who are fortunate enough to live there and/or play there often - well it's your own little slice of heaven. Although very please with my day I would like to share a few constructive critsissums . Even though we arrived during the last week of your open season I was surprised at the lack of some simple attention on the fairways. There were hundreds of crater like divots just left everywhere. This kind of shocked me as this is a very expensive course - one would think the word "pristine" would be an expectation. Yes the divots are caused be rude and lazy customers but really? It must have taken a very long time to get that many. Evidence would also indicate a lack of staff present, We observed only 3 young staff members the entire day. They were fantastic but there was nobody beyond the club house not even a starter - not very professional. We also observed circular track marks from people driving a cart on a green and affecting the surface - really. In summary the course is a beautiful design and an awe inspiring place to see. The lack of staff and maintenance to the course itself is a disappointment and for the money one would expect more. To the 3 staff members on duty - 1 for the parking area/cart area and 2 in the club house, you were wonderful and informative - if not for you 3 being there we never have found our way to the start - thank you for a wonderful day. To the owners - more attention to the fairways, a starter, and some customer attention would go a long way to turn this course into a once in a lifetime experience. You're soo very close to the WOW factor. Overall i was still excited and movingly impressed with the environment - I clearly enjoyed my day overall. Thank you golf now for making it happen.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Excellent

Every hole looks amazing.

This course showcases the beautiful scenery that makes the muskoka's such a popular cottage location. Every hole makes you stand in awe from the tee boxes. The conditions are fantastic and the greens are nice and fast. It is by far the most challenging course I have played.
Quality of food & beverage Excellent
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Good

Great course but TOO SLOW

Almost 5 hours to play when there is several marshals driving around saying they are doing their jobs is not acceptable for a course of this caliber. I understand that they cannot control who plays the course, but if someone is playing too slow then the marshals job is to pick up their ball and move them to the next hole. To top it all off, there was nobody available at the end of the round to explain, or at a minimum, apologize. My suggestion for MB is to train their staff properly, or don't consider claim to be a top 10 course.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Fair
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average

Not "the best" in Muskoka....

I golf Muskoka for a week in Sept. every year because there's no golf like Muskoka golf. 40mns south of Huntsville and very easy to find. We played the hybrid tees which is a combo of blues and whites and we are high 20's handicap, so 6000 yrds was plenty for us. Beautiful course, spongey fairways and tough, greens.... take your time to read them properly and stroke it, don't poke. The landscape was nice but not incredible for Muskoka. There are better courses for the money you pay here. I know. I've played some of them. The signature holes are truely breath taking especially 9. It's definetly a course to play a take off the bucket list, but I'd have a hard time coming back here for the green fee charged.
Staff Friendliness Average