1.8
4 reviews
1.8
4 reviews

The Deerhurst Lakeside is a par 63 design by C. E. Robbie Robinson and Thomas McBroom, offering a gentler layout and enjoyable play for golfers at all levels. Both courses feature unforgettable panoramic lake views.

Deerhurst Resort - Lakeside Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Golf Season May 4th - Oct 21st
Architect Thomas McBroom (1988) C. E. Robbie Robinson (1966)

Carts Yes - $20

Golf School Academy Yes - "Deerhurst Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Believe the other reviews

I have played this course a couple times and my experiences and the other reviews are true. Degrading conditions, no value for quality in my opinion. Staff is nice, Deerhurst is a beautiful resort, and the views are nice. Decent fairways, good rolling greens but all the pins were at the front! There was geese and poop on a lot of the greens. Some tee boxes are dead. Some greens are beautifully designed but were unplayable and not raked. The bathrooms by the 6th hole were disgusting! No beer cart out at 330pm (although course was dead to be fair). Save your 80 bucks and pay more to go play highlands, that will be your better golf and Deerhurat experience.

Horrible experience

If your from out of town forget about golfing this course. From the start there is no signage at all telling you where to go, took half an hour to find first tee off. Once started the views are awesome but course is severely neglected. Greens are in horrible condition. Golf carts are unsafe and give you whip lash everytime you press the acceleration. The one cart backfired which I didn't think was possible and the other cart couldn't steer straight. The cart paths are horrible and unsafe. After you finish the first 9 holes good luck finding the second 9 we ended up on the highway. All in all for the 80 dollars per person was absolutely ridiculous amount. Course should be valued at 30 dollars on the high end. My dad, brother and I did have a great time laughing at all the short comings and was quite comical because these shortcomings were so obviously neglected you had to laugh.

Fun layout with very poor maintenance

The re design is excellent...fun short course. However, the cart paths are 5 years past needing refinishing...back breaking cart rides.
Greens and tees are OK, bunkers are just awful...no body does any bunker maintenance at this course. Fairways are just average.

Not great value

I didn’t do my homework booking this round. We were 2 threesomes playing Lakeside for the first time. Getting to the pro shop was very confusing for all six of us...very poor signage and a confusing bag drop layout at this course! We were not aware two temporary greens were in use...and unfortunately no beverage cart on the course. The friendly staff did bring out complementary water for our groups - but had I known the conditions on this day I would have chosen a different course for our group. I don’t usually write reviews but in this case I think others should be aware that I didn’t think we got our money’s worth on this day.

What a difference a year makes

It pains me to write this review as I really do enjoy playing this course. But....Our group played Friday 7-28.

I play this course every year at this time as we rent a cottage nearby each year. In the past the course has been in excellent condition and I we have enjoyed it immensely .

However this year was different. Given the cooler, wetter than usual spring/summer I expected the course to be in tip top condition...Wrong. First off the greens. They were slow and bumpy and by the amount of ball marks they looked like they has experienced an apocalyptic hail storm. I understand it's the players who need to fix their ball marks (How you can pay $150.00+ and not know or care about fixing your ball mark's is just beyond me). The price should weed out most of the hacks. Shame on you fellow golfers.

The fairways were ok..but bare in spots, and just not up to the level that you expect at a course of this price point. The bunkers and rough were fine. In contrast we had played another course about an hour away and it was in amazing shape...perfect and two of us played for the same as the twilight rate for one at DHH.

The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Come on folks, you need to get your act together, it's a beautiful course which I really do enjoy playing, but I can't see forking out the dough to play it again there are too many other options at that price range. I get that the ball marks are somewhat beyond your control, but having the starter mention it and perhaps reminding people to fix or...may be silly but hire a bunch of teens to look after a group of greens and have them be responsible for fixing the marks if the players are too ignorant not too. Just offer them some free rounds.

Sorry for the poor review Deerhurst, but this time it's warranted.

Disappointed

I played this course Aug 27 8:00am. Finding the club house for registration was not easily done there could be more signs. There fairways were terrible grass clippings everywhere not only does it look bad it's not good to play on. The greens hole placement not thought out very well . You would have a better chance repairing greens if you placed holes in better spots. Overal I was disappointed in the course wasn't good bang for your buck.

Deerhurst Lakeside: A beautiful little gem

The Lakeside course at Deerhurst rivals it's big brother, The Highlands, for aesthetic beauty and has a number of challenging par 3 holes (from the blues) that will keep the most experienced golfer humble. It's a treat that deserves to be experienced.

Very slow round no marshal

A fairly easy short executive type course. We should have been done in under 3 hours not the 4 1/2 we took. We had a hot deal and even with that the value wasn't very good. I won't be playing there again.

Has Nobody Played Here Since 2012?

I decided to give this course a try despite some negative reviews seeing as they were really old! I enjoyed my round. It was a challenging walk with many elevation changes. The front 9 is more interesting than the back. There are some pretty views of the lake. The course was in quite good shape with the exception of some clover in the fairways. If you are pressed for time or don't want to spend a ton on green fees, Deerhurst Lakeside if a great option.

Great Views and beautiful surroundings

A short course with great water and resort views.Nice area for golf

Over priced course covered in excrement

We were very disappointed with this course. The pace was very slow and the greens not taken care of. Several greens covered in goose excrement. We have that issue in London but staff are always quick to remove it from the greens. If I had paid full price for this course I would been furious.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Very plush course

Golf in this area is very expensive and for mediocre courses. This was very inexpensive, for a truly lovely and challenging course. I highly recommend it. I prefer regulation courses but this was an excellant executive

Excellent value... thanks GolfNow.com!

Hadn't golfed here before. Had some lovely views around the lake, especially on the front 9. Looking forward to seeing it come up again as an option on GolfNow!

Good warm-up course

The Lakeside Course at Deerhurst is a decent short course in fairly good shape. Some of the greens were in less than perfect shape but generally the course was in good shape. Playing by myself, I found that the family-friendly nature of the course did not lend itself to a quick round, but for what they are appealing to, it's a good play. A little pricey for what you get but a decent course nonetheless.

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900