Fanshawe Golf Course - Quarry

Style Links
Fanshawe Golf Course - Quarry
Green (W) 70 5253 yards 70.9 113
Scorecard for The Quarry
Blue M: 69.4/124 W: 75.6/129 349 366 181 297 364 186 509 143 636 3031 456 190 324 389 419 456 421 159 344 3158 6189
White M: 67.7/119 W: 73.6/124 343 360 161 290 346 163 475 130 604 2872 422 164 303 346 389 449 411 148 334 2966 5838
Red M: 65.7/113 W: 71.2/119 337 354 95 283 293 135 422 62 566 2547 399 72 290 320 358 442 401 137 324 2743 5290

Year Built 0
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 15

Golf School Academy No
Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No
Practice Hole No

Dress code Walking shorts accepted, no jogging pants, no cut-offs. T-shirts allowed

Quarry Worth a Try

It was our first time playing the Quarry course. It doesn't appear to be as popular as the Traditional course. We were a twosome, followed a single and after the first hole, never saw another sole on our 18. Challenging enough for us and the course was in terrific shape with very nice greens. We would play it again and recommend it.

Response from Fanshawe Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Fanshawe Golf Course. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience during your last round with us. We appreciate the review and value any feedback you give so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, we hope you will give us another chance to improve upon your golfing experience with us soon.

The greens are in terible shape full holes and covered in dead grass clippings. Sand traps were hard.

Response from Fanshawe Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Fanshawe Golf Club. We appreciate you providing feedback of your last round with us but are very sorry to hear that your experience with us may have been poor due to the conditions of the greens. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards making the necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

The Quarry was fun

Greens were in awesome shape . Ball was rolling smooth and really really fast. There is some good lengthy holes, and you can play the driver a lot while not having to be so precise with it that it kills you. (I.e a little spray does not hurt you). The quarry course does not have 9 greeen anywhere near clubhouse, so be prepared to stay out for 18 straight. I will be back.

Not impressed

Plated the traditional course, too many blind shots for my liking. many non-golfers ahead of us seemed to be more interested in a golf cart derby. We obviously played the day before fairways were to be cut, grass was a little long for my liking as well.

Response from Fanshawe Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello gbechard, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Fanshawe Golf Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Fanshawe Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Fanshawe Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Fanshawe Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Fanshawe Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It looks like you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with our staff, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

The course is great

It is my pleasure to play this golf course anytime. The staff are very decent and friendly with a very welcoming attitude. You will always want to go back to Fanshawe golf anytime.

Quarry

One of the two courses available at Fanshawe, one of four available by the city.

The most forgiving and most open out of the city courses, taking risks is easy to due with the plenty of space given and lack of traps at tee distances.

Beginner golfers will fair well here, Back nine can be wet shortly after rain but rest of the course clears out quiet well.

Good overall course.

Chris

Split Fairways

Me and my three friends all had a great time. They had a beer cart out on a wednesday afternoon. They always cut the fairways in half, up one side and down the other, leaving you staring at two completely different shades of green on the same fairway. Kinda throws me off but a cool way of doing it.

Fanshawe Quarry review

good course, long for walking in the middle of the day on a Hot Saturday afternoon. Much longer than the Traditional, or at least it seemed.

Nice Course in good condition

My wife and I played this course and both found it to be fairly long and a bit of a stretch for a couple of seniors.

Fall Conditions

Course was in excellent shape for November.Fast greens and clear fairways. Friendly accommodating staff.

Poor weather

Great time

We always have a good time at Fanshawe. best public course in the city of London. we didn't grab any food , but the beer cart was out as soon as it stopped raining. Great staff too.

No quibbles with The Quarry

Tee times were a little behind but the course was busy and this was not unexpected for the good weather. If some of the individual golfers had been grouped together with the twosomes and threesomes ahead of us things would have been perfect.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019