Forest City National Golf Club

Year Built 1992
Golf Season Apr 1 to Nov 30

Carts Yes - included in green fee (with GPS)
Clubs No
Pull-carts No

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No
Practice Hole No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Ontario (2014 #3)

Ok I guess

Wish I’d played this course earlier in the season. Course conditions have slipped since my last visit but still a fun place to play. Great cart GPS screens.

FCN is a beautiful, well maintained course.

I have played here only a few times and the setting and conditions have impressed every time.

Unfortunately, my party has been stuck behind some exceptionally slow players each time. I don't blame the course, just bad luck.

Public course with a private course feel

This golf course is a treat to play. Conditions were perfect and the golf course was in excellent condition.

Best Value!

Forest City National continues to impress. The friendly and professional staff do a great job at getting you ready for your round. GPS carts to help dial in your approach shots. Forest City National continues to be one of the best courses to test your skills. Well kept and picturesque, with wildlife throughout the course ( our group came across a small family of deer), I believe FCN is one of the best places to play in the city. At 45 dollars after 3pm, there is not a better deal around!

It was a beautiful afternoon and the course was in great shape. Some challenging pin locations added to the difficulty and enjoyment.

Pricey

The course played well, although a bit slow. Little pricey for the experience. Beverage Carr finally got to us on hole 16. Personal preference is for a clubhouse to overlook golfers coming in on 18. Forest City National clubhouse doesn’t offer much of a view. Driving range could/should offer a view more targets.

Forrrest city

If you want a great deal. The twilight Time is as good as it gets. 33 dollars for 18 and a cart is unbeatable for the course and it’s layout and conditions. However if you are going to go the twilight time - you better be prepared to have 5 hours for your round. Everyone always goes to Forrest city for the twilight as the day rate is a rip off so the pace is an absolute snails pace. 17/18 holes we were at the next tee box before the people in front us could tee off and we constantly had the group behind us watching us and at times even two groups. No Marshall to ever enforce anything. So enjoy the great deal but your guaranteed there for 5 hours.

Great track

Hot day, quick check in, not busy weekday morning. Let off the tee early. Friendly staff. Golf Now Hot Deal. GPS on the carts. Great spot, would play again anytime.

Golfing with a friend

The front desk was very prompt and had us in the cart in no time at all. The starter was very friendly and informed us of the 90 degree cart rules because of the rain and had us tee off right on time. The course was very busy and the pace of play was a little slow but it was a nice day. Course was in good shape and the greens were great. Will play again this year. Dave

Pathetically slow round

The course was in good condition, but the round was ruined by the extremely slow pace of play. The round took 5 hrs 23 min. I confronted the slow group, that had at least two holes open, in front of them, and told them to wave groups through. They did not. Then I called the pro shop, from out on the course, to complain about this group and they said they would send out the marshal. The marshal came out on the course, but appeared to do nothing, as the pace of play did not change, and no groups were waved through. I then complained to the marshal, after he appeared to speak to the slow group, and told him groups needed to be waved through, but to no avail. I told him the front nine took 2 hrs. 45 min to play, and he commented "that was slow"....but nothing changed. What's the point of having a marshal if they can't speed up play, or teach pathetically poor golfers proper golf etiquette?

Great round but disappointed with the cart issue and resolution

I always enjoy playing this course as it is in great condition and has a beautiful layout. This round was no exception with the only issue being that our cart broke down on our 7th hole. Mechanical issues happen and I would not criticize them for that but the resolution to the problem was very lacking. I called the pro shop on my cell to advise that the cart broke down and we needed help. I was put on hold for five minutes and when he returned I was told that nobody was answering in that department and to call back in 10 minutes. When I called back I was told that somebody knew what was going on and was going to come out to help. Another 10 minutes went by before anyone arrived and when they did they had a cart for me but offered no help to get things transferred over or anything. We had to let a couple of groups play through and when we resumed the new group behind us play up our backs for the rest of the day, seeming to blame us that others had to play through. No compensation of any kind was offered by anyone at the course at any time, nor did anyone check in on things after the fact. This took what was otherwise a great day and put a bit of a damper on it.

It was a a good day

The warm up facilities are very nice. The on course staff are always friendly. The pace of play was a little slow to start, but opened up nicely by the 7th hole. The course is in lush condition. The greens weren't as fast as usual today due to recent rain. The weather was just perfect. I play here a lot and today did not disappoint. Overall it was a great day to play FCN.

Hot

Good first experience, however 35 degrees plus humidity made for a long day! Pace of play was slow at times but nothing unbearable! Could have offered complimentary water or have a water station somewhere on course to keep golfers cool and hydrated.

Middlesex Centre, Ontario
3.9720571429
Dorchester, Ontario
Thamesford, Ontario

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.